- Merkel: We need strong UK in strong Europe Updated: Feb-27-14 9:01 am
- 'International Honor Quilt' given to U of L Updated: Feb-27-14 4:04 am
- '12 Years a Slave' named best film at UK awards Updated: Feb-16-14 9:10 pm
- Princes William, Harry sandbag against UK floods Updated: Feb-14-14 5:21 pm
- Carey Mulligan heads to London stage in 'Skylight' Updated: Feb-14-14 10:52 am
- Wire fox terrier wins best in show at Westminster Updated: Feb-12-14 1:24 am
- Duchess Kate returns to duties with black tie do Updated: Feb-11-14 5:44 pm
- Class back on rise in UK - but elite different Updated: Feb-10-14 4:38 am
- French president to find familiar at Monticello Updated: Feb-08-14 4:16 pm
- Russia kicks off Sochi Games with hope and hubris Updated: Feb-07-14 5:56 pm
LONDON - German Chancellor Angela Merkel wooed a welcoming but skeptical audience of British lawmakers Thursday with a call for a strong, unified Europe with Britain at its heart.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Artist Judy Chicago's nonprofit organization Through the Flower has given artwork known as the "International Honor Quilt" to the University of Louisville's Hite Art Institute.
LONDON - The force of "Gravity" was strong at the British Academy Film Awards on Sunday - but it was unflinching drama "12 Years a Slave" that took the top prize.
LONDON - Prince William and Prince Harry helped flood-hit British villagers protect their homes Friday, unloading sandbags alongside soldiers in a River Thames village.
LONDON - Carey Mulligan is heading to the London stage to play a teacher trying to rekindle feelings for a former flame.
NEW YORK - From wire to wire, Sky was America's top dog.
LONDON - Duchess Kate returned to her public duties with a black tie fundraising dinner in aid of the National Portrait Gallery in London.
LONDON - For the past three decades, many Britons had hoped the rigid class system that defined their country from Dickens to "Downton Abbey" was finally dying. Now they fear that class, their old bugbear, is back on the rise.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - From the polished copper cooking pots Thomas Jefferson brought back from France to the dome atop Monticello, French President Francois Hollande should feel right at home Monday when he and President Barack Obama visit the third president's mountaintop plantation.
SOCHI, Russia - A Russia in search of global vindication kicked off the Sochi Olympics looking more like a Russia that likes to party, with a pulse-raising opening ceremony about fun and sports instead of terrorism, gay rights and coddling despots.