- Column: Former shoe peddler tries to upend NCAA Updated: Apr-22-14 5:00 pm
- Bulls' Noah the Defensive Player of the Year Updated: Apr-21-14 8:15 pm
- Timberwolves' Rick Adelman retiring after 23 years Updated: Apr-21-14 5:08 pm
- Column: Even Thibodeau can't defend this clunker Updated: Apr-21-14 3:51 am
- 3-point threat Miller also Grizzlies' iron man Updated: Apr-17-14 4:32 pm
- 76ers top resting Heat in finale, 100-87 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:36 pm
- Walker leads Bobcats over Bulls in OT, 91-86 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:24 pm
- Brewer's 51 lifts Wolves over Rockets 112-110 Updated: Apr-12-14 12:17 am
- Bulls rally to beat Pistons 106-98 Updated: Apr-12-14 12:14 am
- Borgata casino lawsuit: Gambler cheated, won $9.6M Updated: Apr-11-14 8:25 pm
- Thunder beat Kings 107-92 as Durant's streak ends Updated: Apr-09-14 1:39 am
- Durant scores 38 but Suns beat Thunder 122-115 Updated: Apr-07-14 1:17 am
- Kentucky brings up memories of Fab Five Updated: Apr-06-14 8:26 pm
- Durant's all-around improvement fuels MVP talk Updated: Apr-05-14 12:05 pm
- Harden's 39 lead Rockets over Thunder 111-107 Updated: Apr-05-14 1:30 am
- Durant, Thunder end Spurs' 19-game win streak Updated: Apr-04-14 12:38 am
- After long, losing road, Wizards are playoff-bound Updated: Apr-03-14 2:11 pm
- DeShields, North Carolina fall short to Stanford Updated: Apr-02-14 12:57 am
- Behind Ogwumike, Stanford returns to Final Four Updated: Apr-02-14 12:38 am
- Okla. City's Durant named Player of the Month Updated: Apr-01-14 7:39 pm
- Durant leads Thunder past Jazz 116-96 Updated: Mar-30-14 7:23 pm
- Durant leads Thunder past Kings Updated: Mar-29-14 12:12 am
- Pistons focus on past, not present, at fundraiser Updated: Mar-27-14 8:02 pm
- Nowitzki scores 32 as Mavs beat Thunder 128-119 Updated: Mar-26-14 1:00 am
- Durant scores 27, leads Thunder past Nuggets Updated: Mar-25-14 12:18 am
There are those who would argue that Sonny Vaccaro helped create the biggest problem in college sports when he began handing out money in the late '70s to basketball coaches so players would wear Nike shoes.
LINCOLNSHIRE, Illinois - There were some emotional moments and some funny stories as Joakim Noah accepted the NBA's Defensive Player of the Year award on Monday, like this one.
MINNEAPOLIS - As his 23rd season as an NBA coach entered the home stretch, Rick Adelman looked tired.
CHICAGO - Watching the Bulls play offense some nights, it's a wonder The House That Jordan Built is still standing.
MIAMI - For Philadelphia, the season finale was about what's coming next year. For Miami, it's about what's coming next week.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Al Jefferson knows few people will be giving the Charlotte Bobcats a chance to upset the Miami Heat in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.
CHICAGO - They lost their star and they lost one of their best supporting players. The Chicago Bulls never lost their way, though.
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - An Atlantic City casino is suing a big-time gambler, claiming he won $9.6 million in a card-cheating scheme in baccarat.
SACRAMENTO, California - With Kevin Durant on the bench to start the fourth quarter, his Oklahoma City Thunder teammates put together a run that helped end one of the most impressive scoring streaks in NBA history.
PHOENIX - For the 41st game in a row, Kevin Durant scored at least 25 points. Not even Michael Jordan ever did that.
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Fab Five came onto the national basketball landscape like a thunder dunk. You had to notice the five baggy-shorts-wearing freshmen starters from Michigan who made their way to the national championship game.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Kevin Durant's unmatched scoring prowess has made him a strong contender for his first MVP award. It's everything else he is doing that might finally push him over the top.
HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets are heading to the playoffs for the second straight year and believe wins like the one they picked up Friday night will help them when they get there.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Kevin Durant's rare streak of games with least 25 points continued, and San Antonio's run of 19 straight wins came to a halt.
WASHINGTON - Sure, it was easy for the Washington Wizards to say they were going to rebuild their team the "right way," using the draft to restock the roster and doing a lot of losing before, hopefully, getting back to at least a little bit of winning.
STANFORD, California - Andrew Calder exhaled and finally expressed just how much North Carolina missed Hall of Fame coach Sylvia Hatchell, in crunch time and at halftime. In the locker room and on the bench.
STANFORD, California - Well after the final buzzer, Chiney Ogwumike darted across the court one last time to find big sister Nneka in the stands for a long celebratory embrace.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant has been named the NBA Western Conference Player of the Month for March.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The drama was sapped early from Oklahoma City's blowout win over Utah, except for one detail.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Kevin Durant displayed his usual dominance as a scorer, and the Thunder supported him with one of their best defensive performances of the season.
DETROIT - Several members of the Detroit Pistons' first two championship teams gathered Thursday for a fundraiser, but the man who still works for the team kept a low profile.
DALLAS - Dirk Nowitzki was frustrated by his poor shooting performance in Dallas' previous game. That disappointment, plus a little help from an old friend, turned into another big performance by the veteran forward.
OKLAHOMA CITY - This is what the Thunder had in mind when they picked up Caron Butler after the trade deadline.