- W.Va. legislative committee studies reforming tax code Updated: May-04-15 6:20 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A legislative committee spent hours Monday brushing up on West Virginia's tax code as lawmakers look toward possible reforms.
- Rounds of SD, Hoeven of ND part of Former Governors Caucus Updated: May-02-15 9:04 am
WASHINGTON - South Dakota Sen. Mike Rounds will be co-chairman of a congressional group called the Former Governors Caucus that also includes North Dakota Sen. John Hoeven.
- Tomblin says he hasn't decided on possible congressional bid Updated: Apr-27-15 4:38 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin says he has been asked about running for Congress, and hasn't decided either way yet.
- Greenbrier owner Justice: Decision on gov run in 2-3 weeks Updated: Apr-22-15 7:19 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Greenbrier resort owner Jim Justice says he expects to make a decision in two to three weeks on whether he'll run for governor in West Virginia in 2016.
- In W.Va. gov's race, hopefuls likely risk losing their jobs Updated: Apr-21-15 7:47 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - With U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin out of the mix, possible contenders in a still-blurry field for governor have the same problem - if they run, they lose their current jobs.
- West Virginia's Joe Manchin says he'll run again for Senate Updated: Apr-19-15 1:24 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia said on Sunday that he will run for re-election in 2018 rather than make a return bid for governor next year, saying he believes he can have the greatest impact by staying in Washington.
- Concealed-carry advocates in Iowa wait for Senate bill Updated: Apr-19-15 10:38 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Siouxland gun advocates say a proposed U.S. Senate bill requiring states to honor all concealed-carry permits would ease the anxiety of travelers who carry firearms.
- Manchin seeks help after W.Va. veterans clinic closes Updated: Apr-17-15 1:05 pm
MAXWELTON, West Virginia - U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin is asking the federal government to provide a mobile clinic or temporary space for one that would serve veterans in West Virginia and Virginia.
- McKinley raises $154k in campaign cash, gov question looms Updated: Apr-16-15 3:12 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - While considering a bid for governor, Republican U.S. Rep. David McKinley started the year by adding almost $154,000 to his federal campaign account.
- 2 southern W.Va. Head Start programs get federal funding Updated: Apr-09-15 3:16 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Two Head Start programs in southern West Virginia will receive nearly $11 million in federal funding.
- US Sen. Manchin blasts NRA, says group has changed its focus Updated: Apr-07-15 7:55 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Again facing heat from the gun lobby, U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin is criticizing the National Rifle Association, saying it moved from promoting gun safety and culture to being "big business."
- News Guide: Sen. Joe Manchin on coal, guns, governorship Updated: Apr-07-15 7:47 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin says it's "about a 50-50 toss-up" whether he will make a return bid at governor next year.
- Manchin "very much concerned" about law trimming mine safety Updated: Apr-07-15 1:56 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin says he is "very much concerned" about a new state law scaling back coal mine safety regulations.
- Manchin: "50-50 toss-up" on possible return run for governor Updated: Apr-07-15 12:50 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin says it's "about a 50-50 toss-up" whether he'll run for governor next year.