- Energy state Dems in Senate races split from Obama Updated: Apr-16-14 2:00 pm
- A year after background check defeat, modest goals Updated: Apr-16-14 10:23 am
- W.Va. man accused of threatening US senator Updated: Apr-15-14 5:29 pm
- W.Va. man accused of threatening US senator Updated: Apr-15-14 5:26 pm
- Manchin urges mines to speak out about coal Updated: Apr-15-14 3:46 pm
- W.Va. housing programs get nearly $1.4M in funding Updated: Apr-12-14 9:31 am
- 11 Senate Democrats to Obama: Approve Keystone XL Updated: Apr-10-14 5:37 pm
- W.Va. leaders reflect on UBB disaster anniversary Updated: Apr-05-14 12:10 pm
- States rebel against powerful new painkiller Updated: Apr-04-14 3:53 pm
- W.Va. leaders oppose cuts to black lung clinics Updated: Apr-04-14 12:26 pm
- Families remember victims of WVa mine disaster Updated: Apr-02-14 7:01 pm
- Manchin tells company to remove him from UBB film Updated: Apr-01-14 2:43 pm
- Manchin tells company to remove him from UBB film Updated: Apr-01-14 2:28 pm
- Obama says more than 6M signed up for health care Updated: Mar-27-14 4:58 pm
- W.Va. man charged with threatening US Sen. Manchin Updated: Mar-24-14 3:46 pm
- Public housing projects in W.Va. get federal funds Updated: Mar-20-14 2:49 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Scrapping to keep a West Virginia Senate seat Democratic in a state that's sprinted to the right, Natalie Tennant is counting on her allegiance to the coal industry to separate herself from an unpopular President Barack Obama.
WASHINGTON - Democratic worries about this November's elections, a lack of Senate votes and House opposition are forcing congressional gun-control supporters to significantly winnow their 2014 agenda, a year after lawmakers scuttled President Barack Obama's effort to pass new curbs on firearms.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Federal prosecutors say a 49-year-old West Virginia man has been indicted on charges he threatened to kill U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Federal prosecutors say a 49-year-old Barboursville man has been indicted on charges he threatened to kill U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin.
DENVER - The Democratic senator leading the battle against the White House's strategy to fight climate change urged the mining industry on Tuesday to speak out about coal's role in providing affordable, reliable electricity to the country to help combat strict new emissions rules for coal-fired power plants.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Several housing facilities across West Virginia are sharing nearly $1.4 million in federal funding.
WASHINGTON - Eleven Senate Democrats, including six who face contested races this year, urged President Barack Obama on Thursday to approve the Keystone XL oil pipeline by the end of May.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia political leaders are remembering 29 miners killed in the Upper Big Branch mine disaster on the fourth anniversary of the nation's deadliest mining accident in 40 years.
BARRE, Vermont - State officials around the country are rebelling over a powerful new painkiller that law enforcement and public health authorities fear could worsen the nation's deadly scourge of heroin and prescription drug abuse.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Members of West Virginia's congressional delegation have joined Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin in questioning a sharp drop in federal funding for the state's black lung clinics.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Four years after losing friends and relatives in a West Virginia mine disaster, 11 people preferred to watch a film together that they knew would reopen those wounds.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin is demanding his name and interview be removed from a documentary funded by former Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship. The documentary "Upper Big Branch - Never Again" released Monday and its credits clearly state it is "a film by Don Blankenship." The film's opening disclaimer, however, says people's participation in the documentary via interviews "is not in association or affiliation with Don Blankenship." In the letter sent to Adriot Films Tuesday, Manchin states, "Your fraudulent behavior in securing the interview and your misrepresentation of my interview are actionable offenses." He goes on to state the company's failure to indicate the film was funded by Blankenship was a "gross misrepresentation of the true purpose of your film." The explosion on April 5, 2010, killed 29 miners.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin is demanding his name and interview be removed from a documentary funded by former Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship.
WASHINGTON - Back on track after a stumbling start, President Barack Obama's heath care overhaul reached a milestone Thursday, with more than 6 million Americans signed up for coverage through new insurance markets.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A West Virginia man has been arrested on charges of making violent threats against U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin and his family.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Public housing projects across West Virginia are sharing more than $7.9 million in federal funding.