- West Virginia editorial roundup Updated: Oct-07-15 3:21 pm
Recent editorials from West Virginia newspapers:
- Q&A: Gun control prospects in GOP-run Congress remain remote Updated: Oct-02-15 5:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Another mass shooting, another appearance by a stricken-looking President Barack Obama expressing anguish and frustration over congressional inaction on gun control laws.
- WVU to study energy pipeline safety with US funding Updated: Oct-01-15 5:18 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia University will research new ideas and technologies to improve the safety of pipelines used to transport energy resources.
- US veterans chief continues West Virginia tour Updated: Sep-25-15 3:20 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert McDonald is on the final leg of his two-day swing through West Virginia.
- 2 W.Va. localities to share $1.1M for water projects Updated: Sep-24-15 3:00 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Two West Virginia localities will share more than $1.1 million in funding for water infrastructure products.
- Senate blocks anti-abortion bill; new showdown set Updated: Sep-22-15 5:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats thwarted a Republican effort to ban late-term abortions on Tuesday as GOP leaders strained to avoid a government shutdown in eight days over the dispute - all against a tangled backdrop of presidential politics.
- Bill Clinton to headline annual West Virginia Dems dinner Updated: Sep-18-15 11:19 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Former President Bill Clinton is returning to West Virginia to headline the biggest annual dinner for the state's Democrats.
- South Charleston Fire Department receives $254K grant Updated: Sep-12-15 1:12 pm
SOUTH CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The South Charleston Fire Department has received a federal grant of nearly $254,000.
- Charleston attorney files early papers to challenge W.Va. AG Updated: Sep-11-15 10:57 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Charleston attorney David Higgins has opened a fundraising account for a possible 2016 bid against Republican Attorney General Patrick Morrisey.
- On-air reporter's father: Congress should take on gun lobby Updated: Sep-10-15 1:45 pm
WASHINGTON - The father of Virginia shooting victim Alison Parker trekked to Capitol Hill Thursday to urge lawmakers to defy the powerful gun lobby and pass legislation to strengthen background checks for gun purchasers.
- W.Va. coalitions awarded grants to reduce youth drug abuse Updated: Sep-09-15 10:29 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Three community coalitions in West Virginia have been awarded grants to reduce youth substance abuse.