- Once a Clinton stronghold, Appalachia now Trump country Updated: May-03-16 3:22 am
ASHLAND, Kentucky - When President Bill Clinton rolled into the small Appalachian town of Ashland, Kentucky, in 1996, cheering crowds lined the streets. Local boy turned country music star Billy Ray Cyrus performed a special version of his hit, "Achy Breaky Heart." And nearly 20,000 supporters attended a riverfront re-election rally, dozens collapsing from heat exhaustion in the August sun.
- Bill Clinton stumps for wife in southern West Virginia Updated: May-01-16 4:30 pm
LOGAN, West Virginia - Former President Bill Clinton drew boos and shouts from the crowd as he made a campaign stop in West Virginia coal country ahead of the state's May 10 presidential primary.
- West Virginia, Japanese leaders talk natural gas partnership Updated: Apr-25-16 3:31 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin, U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin and natural gas industry executives have met with Japanese business leaders to discuss investment opportunities.
- West Virginia Democrats to face off in governor race debate Updated: Apr-14-16 6:23 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - For the first - and likely only - time, all three Democratic candidates for West Virginia governor will take the same debate stage.
- Painkiller critics take aim at hospital surveys, procedures Updated: Apr-13-16 6:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Critics of how prescription painkillers are administered in the U.S. are calling on health officials to phase out hospital procedures and questionnaires used to manage pain.
- West Virginia Editorial Roundup Updated: Apr-06-16 6:36 pm
Recent editorials from West Virginia newspapers:
- Nominee Garland smiles, stays quiet while in public view Updated: Apr-06-16 6:01 pm
WASHINGTON - "Cubs or White Sox?"
- Manchin to meet with Obama's Supreme Court nominee Updated: Apr-05-16 4:41 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin will meet with President Barack Obama's Supreme Court nominee.