- Dems still weighing Iran deal, but happy with Obama outreach Updated: Aug-01-15 2:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Determined to secure support for the Iran nuclear deal, President Barack Obama is making inroads with a tough constituency - his fellow Democrats in Congress.
- Prescription drug take back initiative set for Sept. 26 Updated: Jul-30-15 3:17 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Another prescription drug collection effort will be held in September.
- FEMA approves $7.7M in W.Va. homeland security funds Updated: Jul-30-15 3:05 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has approved $7.7 million in funding for emergency preparedness and homeland security programs in West Virginia.
- West Virginia editorial roundup Updated: Jul-29-15 3:24 pm
Recent editorials from West Virginia newspapers:
- Democratic senator leaning toward supporting Iran deal Updated: Jul-26-15 1:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia said Sunday he is leaning toward supporting the Iranian nuclear deal because the alternative would be war.
- State of the Race: The campaign for Pennsylvania's US seat Updated: Jul-26-15 10:49 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democrats can expect to decide a primary contest in nine months to see who will challenge U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey, a Republican who is seeking his second six-year term in the 2016 election. The seat is expected to be crucial to determining control of the U.S. Senate, and Democrats hope their four-to-three registration advantage in Pennsylvania and heightened voter interest in the presidential election will deliver a victory to their eventual nominee. Here is a look at the race and the candidates:
- House approves bill to tweak coal ash standards Updated: Jul-22-15 7:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Defying a White House veto threat, the Republican-controlled House on Wednesday approved a bill granting states authority to regulate waste generated from coal burned for electricity.
- VA director tells lawmakers Greenbrier clinic will reopen Updated: Jul-17-15 1:25 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia's congressional delegation says the top Veterans Affairs official has committed to reopen a health clinic in Greenbrier County.