- Losses in Puerto Rico gives VCU 'reality check' Updated: Nov-26-13 4:14 pm
- Georgetown survives in 84-80 win over No. 10 VCU Updated: Nov-24-13 6:41 pm
- Fouls doom No. 10 VCU in 84-80 loss to Georgetown Updated: Nov-24-13 6:36 pm
- No. 10 VCU rallies, holds off Long Beach St 73-67 Updated: Nov-22-13 11:26 pm
- Long Beach State falls to No. 10 VCU 73-67 Updated: Nov-22-13 11:20 pm
- Pressure not enough as No. 10 falls to FSU, 85-67 Updated: Nov-22-13 12:09 am
- Miller, Florida State wear down No. 10 VCU 85-67 Updated: Nov-21-13 11:53 pm
- Winthrop worn down by No. 14 VCU in 92-71 loss Updated: Nov-16-13 11:03 pm
- Weber scores 16 to lead No. 14 VCU over Winthrop Updated: Nov-16-13 10:41 pm
- Graham lifts No. 14 VCU past No. 25 UVA, 59-56 Updated: Nov-12-13 10:36 pm
- No. 14 VCU routs Illinois St. 96-58 Updated: Nov-08-13 10:32 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Senior guard Rob Brandenburg said losing twice in three games during a tournament in in Puerto Rico gave VCU a "reality check," one that sent the Rams plummeting from being ranked 10th in the country to out of the Top 25.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Georgetown began its four-day trip to San Juan thinking about a humbling loss after a second-half collapse against Northeastern.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Virginia Commonwealth coach Shaka Smart suspected his team might not be as good as the No. 10 ranking it brought to the Puerto Rico Tip-Off.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - A day after learning what it felt like to be humbled, No. 10 Virginia Commonwealth learned how to benefit from the experience.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Long Beach State coach Dan Monson knew his team would have to scrap to stay close in every game it played this week at the Puerto Rico Shootout.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - When Virginia Commonwealth has had success turning teams over and pushing the pace, it's usually meant good things have happened for the Rams.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - The last time Florida State and Virginia Commonwealth met, the Seminoles lost in a matchup of attacking defensive styles in a ragged, fast-paced affair that saw VCU trudge away as the survivor.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Winthrop withstood VCU's vaunted pressure for a half before it finally wore the Eagles down.
RICHMOND, Virginia - It took a little while for VCU's vaunted pressure defense to get going. Eventually the 14th-ranked Rams were able to wear down Winthrop.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Treveon Graham of VCU moved into position a few steps behind the 3-point line and waited.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Briante Weber didn't even have to think about it before he had an answer.