- Extension of income tax hike may be key 2014 theme Updated: Mar-27-14 7:06 pm
- Quinn gets SEIU endorsement in re-election bid Updated: Mar-24-14 12:32 pm
- Gov. Quinn reveals more re-election themes Updated: Mar-23-14 1:39 pm
- Dillard: 'Never say never' on future campaigns Updated: Mar-21-14 8:07 pm
- Illinois GOP struggles for unity after primary Updated: Mar-19-14 7:15 pm
- Rauner wins GOP nomination for Illinois governor Updated: Mar-19-14 12:20 am
- Dillard concedes but says he 'came real close' Updated: Mar-18-14 11:53 pm
- State Sen. Brady concedes Illinois governor's race Updated: Mar-18-14 10:37 pm
- Rutherford decries 'challenging' Illinois gov race Updated: Mar-18-14 10:16 pm
- Downers Grove GOP voters look for change Updated: Mar-18-14 8:12 pm
- Polls close across Illinois after primary election Updated: Mar-18-14 8:05 pm
- Teen voters among those at the Illinois polls Updated: Mar-18-14 5:59 pm
- Candidates seeking Illinois governor cast ballots Updated: Mar-18-14 4:16 pm
CHICAGO - The crux of Gov. Pat Quinn's plan to prevent big budget cuts is making permanent an income tax increase, which he acknowledges isn't palatable for many Illinoisans. And the move is even riskier in an election year as his Republican challenger, Bruce Rauner, has blasted the idea in hopes of appealing to tax-weary voters.
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn has picked up a major labor endorsement for his re-election during a campaign that's already focused on union influence.
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn has raised questions about his Republican rival's ethics in business dealings during a gubernatorial re-election bid that's expected to be one of the toughest and most expensive nationwide.
DOWNERS GROVE, Illinois - After coming so close in yet another race for Illinois governor, Kirk Dillard expressed as much relief as regret this week as he contemplated his next steps.
CHICAGO - Two leading candidates did not attend an Illinois Republican show of unity Wednesday as the party tried to close ranks for the general election in November after a bruising primary campaign.
CHICAGO - Venture capitalist Bruce Rauner won the GOP primary Tuesday in his bid for Illinois governor, as voters embraced a first campaign by the multimillionaire who flooded the airwaves with vows to run the Democratic stronghold like a business and curb the influence of government unions.
DOWNERS GROVE, Illinois - State Sen. Kirk Dillard says even though he lost the GOP nomination for Illinois governor, he "came real close" to winning.
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - State Sen. Bill Brady has conceded the four-way Republican primary for Illinois governor.
PONTIAC, Illinois - Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford said the last few weeks of his bid for Illinois governor were the "most challenging of my entire life," but declined to offer a direct concession to the other three GOP candidates in a short speech delivered minutes after the polls closed for Tuesday's primary.
DOWNERS GROVE, Illinois - Republican voters in the Chicago suburb of Downers Grove say they think it's time for a change in leadership in Springfield.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Polls have closed across Illinois after voters cast their ballots in the state's primary election.
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - Some voters heading to the polls are doing so for the first time.
CHICAGO - Candidates for Illinois governor have cast ballots on Election Day.