- GOP gov candidates cite proudest accomplishments Updated: Mar-09-14 12:07 pm
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges Updated: Mar-08-14 1:08 pm
- Rauner picks up Chicago Tribune's endorsement Updated: Mar-07-14 3:23 pm
- Illinois governor's race showcases union fears Updated: Mar-07-14 10:23 am
- GOP's Dillard getting help from labor-backed group Updated: Mar-06-14 5:47 pm
- GOP candidates for lieutenant governor to debate Updated: Mar-06-14 5:34 pm
- GOP Ill. governor candidates debate unions' role Updated: Mar-05-14 9:52 pm
- Dillard: GOP early voting isn't always beneficial Updated: Mar-05-14 9:16 pm
- Dillard defends union backing in GOP gov's debate Updated: Mar-05-14 8:47 pm
- GOP gov candidates argue over pension reform Updated: Mar-05-14 8:01 pm
- Gun owners, activists march in Springfield Updated: Mar-05-14 6:20 pm
- GOP gov candidates want death penalty reinstated Updated: Mar-04-14 9:30 pm
- Governor candidates support immigrant licenses Updated: Mar-04-14 8:35 pm
- GOP governor candidate Rauner not chosen for jury Updated: Mar-04-14 7:09 pm
- Slow start to early voting across Illinois Updated: Mar-03-14 7:17 pm
- Illinois governor says he'll vote on Election Day Updated: Mar-03-14 12:16 pm
- Report: Emanuel, Rauner have common donors Updated: Mar-02-14 2:50 pm
- Lieutenant gov candidates reshape primary tactics Updated: Mar-02-14 11:12 am
- GOP candidates hoping to boost early voting Updated: Mar-01-14 5:47 pm
- Illinois GOP governor candidates debate guns Updated: Feb-27-14 10:08 pm
- GOP candidates talk gay marriage at debate Updated: Feb-27-14 8:50 pm
- GOP governor candidates debate education funding Updated: Feb-27-14 8:40 pm
- Rutherford addresses allegations at GOP debate Updated: Feb-27-14 8:26 pm
- Brady, Dillard still confident in governor's race Updated: Feb-26-14 9:00 pm
- Retired Teachers Association endorses Dillard Updated: Feb-26-14 12:32 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - For state Sen. Kirk Dillard, it's an ethics reform law. For businessman Bruce Rauner, it's how his private-equity funds made money for state pension systems. State treasurer Dan Rutherford cites a fairer reimbursement of nursing homes. Sen. Bill Brady? His role in the state's landmark state pension overhaul.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Two Democratic lawmakers involved in overseeing the troubled Illinois Department of Children and Family Services say the agency faces "horrendous" challenges in the year ahead as officials deal with yet another search for a new child-welfare chief, anticipated budget cuts and election year politics.
CHICAGO - Editorial boards at some major Illinois newspapers have weighed in on the Republican primary to pick the state's next governor with the Chicago Tribune announcing Friday it endorsed businessman Bruce Rauner.
CHICAGO - When superrich Republican Bruce Rauner decided to run for governor of Illinois, it was clear this wouldn't be the kind of race the state was accustomed to. Rauner, who made his fortune as a venture capitalist, was new to campaigning and bragged of being beholden to no one. He came out swinging at entrenched special interests and "government union bosses" with an intensity not seen before.
CHICAGO - A union-backed group is spending more than $700,000 to promote state Sen. Kirk Dillard in the Republican primary for Illinois governor.
CHICAGO - The four Republican candidates for Illinois lieutenant governor were set to square off Thursday in their only televised debate ahead of the March 18 primary.
CHICAGO - A major union's endorsement became a central focus of a debate between the Republican candidates for Illinois governor on Wednesday, prompting questions about the contenders' GOP credentials, accusations of "selling out" taxpayers and pointed exchanges over the role of organized labor in the state's politics.
CHICAGO - Early voting has started for Illinois' March 18 primary but one Republican gubernatorial candidate says it's not always a good idea to cast an early ballot.
CHICAGO - State Sen. Kirk Dillard is defending union endorsements he's received in the Republican gubernatorial race.
CHICAGO - The Republican candidates for Illinois governor are arguing about pension reform and the state's finances in the second-to-last debate ahead of the March 18 primary.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gun owners and activists rallied Wednesday in Springfield, just days after the first concealed carry permits arrived in mailboxes across Illinois, wasting no time in turning to next steps in a battle they insist isn't over.
CHICAGO - The Republican candidates for Illinois governor say they're in favor of reinstating the death penalty in the state.
CHICAGO - The Republican candidates for Illinois governor say they support a law allowing immigrants living in the U.S. illegally to get driver's licenses.
CHICAGO - Republican candidate for Illinois governor Bruce Rauner (ROW'-nur) has spent much of the day at a Chicago courthouse without being chosen for jury duty.
CHICAGO - Voters trickled into the polls Monday, the first day of early voting for primary contests that'll help determine Illinois' next governor, a U.S. senator and numerous local offices.
CHICAGO - It's the first day of early voting in Illinois, but Gov. Pat Quinn isn't going to the polls.
CHICAGO - Chicago Democratic Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Republican gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner have a few things in common, most notably wealthy political donors.
CHICAGO - From running an alpaca farm to working at Chicago law firms, Illinois' six lieutenant governor candidates cover a wide spectrum of political and life experiences - differences in the spotlight more than ever before.
CHICAGO - With early voting starting Monday, the four Republican candidates for Illinois governor were campaigning throughout the state Saturday, encouraging their supporters to cast a ballot before the March 18 primary.
CHICAGO - The four Republicans bidding for Illinois governor are debating whether assault-style guns should be legal.
CHICAGO - Republicans running for Illinois governor say they don't object to gay marriage on a personal level, but they don't support Illinois' new same-sex marriage law.
CHICAGO - The four GOP candidates for Illinois governor are debating early childhood education.
CHICAGO - State treasurer Dan Rutherford (ROOTH'-ur-furd) is addressing harassment allegations against him head on.
CHICAGO - Trailing in money and attention in the Illinois governor's race, Kirk Dillard and Bill Brady say they're not worried. They've been here before.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Another influential teachers' organization is endorsing state Sen. Kirk Dillard in the GOP primary for Illinois governor.