- Pols: NY public campaign financing vital to women Updated: Mar-03-14 5:10 pm
- NY Dream Act passes Assembly, heads to Senate Updated: Feb-25-14 6:43 pm
- NY Assembly contracts for $210K outside counsel Updated: Feb-25-14 3:29 pm
- NY Legislature's top Democrat: pre-K tax not dead Updated: Feb-25-14 3:07 pm
- Poll: Most in NY back locally set minimum wages Updated: Feb-25-14 2:40 pm
- Cuomo proposes flat pay for caretakers of disabled Updated: Feb-12-14 5:06 pm
- NY Senate leaders divided over pre-K, NYC tax Updated: Feb-10-14 7:00 pm
ALBANY, New York - More than 160 women in elected positions or holding other leadership posts have written to New York's top elected officials, all men, urging them to enact public campaign financing.
ALBANY, New York - New York's Assembly passed a bill Tuesday that would open state tuition assistance programs to students in the country illegally, and now the measure moves to an uncertain future in the Senate.
ALBANY, New York - The state Assembly has entered into two contracts worth $210,000 for an outside counsel to handle sexual harassment policy development and investigations after a high-profile scandal.
ALBANY, New York - The state Legislature's most powerful Democrat says New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's plan to fund citywide pre-kindergarten with a tax increase is not off the table as lawmakers negotiate a budget.
ALBANY, New York - A new statewide poll shows a large majority of New Yorkers support giving municipalities authority to raise the minimum wage locally, something Gov. Andrew Cuomo opposes.
ALBANY, New York - The Cuomo administration has proposed keeping pay flat for the sixth straight year for caretakers of the disabled and others at state-funded nonprofits.
ALBANY, New York - The state Senate's leaders on Monday emphasized that, like Gov. Andrew Cuomo and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, they are split over funding universal pre-kindergarten with increased income taxes on the city's wealthy.