- Iowa Senate race suddenly more competitive Updated: Apr-17-14 4:30 pm
- GOP lawmakers balk when spending cuts turn real Updated: Apr-08-14 4:05 pm
- Iowa praised, but no states mimic mapping system Updated: Mar-31-14 1:57 am
- Santorum in Iowa: GOP still divided after RNC plan Updated: Mar-26-14 4:24 pm
- Democrats see openings in congressional departures Updated: Mar-21-14 2:10 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A catchy political ad and a gotcha video have raised Republican hopes of capturing a U.S. Senate seat in Iowa, enhancing the party's chances of regaining control of the chamber.
WASHINGTON - When House Republicans pass Rep. Paul Ryan's budget for a fourth year in a row this week, they'll go on record again in favor of big spending cuts across a wide swath of programs, including Medicaid, food and farm aid and eliminating subsidies for Amtrak and airline flights to small cities.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa's redistricting process is often held out as the national model for how states should handle the once-a-decade process.
JOHNSTON, Iowa - Elements of the Republican Party remain divided and distrustful of one another despite the yearlong effort by the Republican National Committee to unify competing factions, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum said in Iowa Wednesday.
MCLEAN, Virginia - Democrats know they perform poorly in midterm elections. Just ask President Barack Obama.