- AP sources: Brady's appeal wouldn't be heard by Wednesday Updated: May-25-15 6:27 pm
Two people familiar with the situation tell The Associated Press that Tom Brady's appeal of his four-game suspension for his role in the deflated footballs scandal won't be heard by Wednesday's 10-day deadline.
- Patriots fans rally in support of Tom Brady Updated: May-24-15 1:21 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Dozens of New England Patriots fans filled a parking lot at Gillette Stadium to protest the four-game suspension handed to quarterback Tom Brady over the "Deflategate" scandal.
- AP sources: Goodell will not recuse self from Brady appeal Updated: May-22-15 5:50 pm
NEW YORK - Roger Goodell will hear Tom Brady's appeal of his four-game suspension for his role in the deflated footballs scandal.
- Judge dismissed domestic violence charges against Ray Rice Updated: May-21-15 12:10 pm
MAYS LANDING, New Jersey - A judge on Thursday dismissed domestic violence charges against Ray Rice, who was captured by a surveillance camera knocking his then-fiancee unconscious in a hotel elevator last year.
- What happened at NFL meetings and what it means Updated: May-21-15 2:39 am
SAN FRANCISCO - NFL owners concluded an especially hectic spring meetings by setting up what figures to be a very busy summer and fall.
- Column: In the end, the NFL cartel is what matters most Updated: May-20-15 5:18 pm
Tom Brady is on his own, cast off by an owner who figured out that being in the club that practically prints money is a lot more important than being loyal to one of his employees.
- Goodell wants to hear directly from Brady in appeal Updated: May-20-15 4:02 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Wednesday it's his responsibility to hear directly from New England quarterback Tom Brady in his appeal of his four-game suspension in the deflated footballs case.
- Players' union asks Goodell to recuse self from Brady appeal Updated: May-19-15 7:51 pm
- Players' union asks court to hold NFL's Goodell in contempt Updated: May-19-15 7:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The NFL players' union has asked a federal court to hold the league and Commissioner Roger Goodell in contempt for not complying with a federal judge's order to send Adrian Peterson's disciplinary case back to an arbitrator.
- Kraft-Goodell relationship frayed by NFL investigation Updated: May-18-15 5:27 pm
- 'Deflategate' appeal could test powers of NFL commissioner Updated: May-16-15 6:02 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - This is no longer about deflated footballs.
- Falcons' Blank says failure to admit mistakes hurt Patriots Updated: May-14-15 3:59 pm
ATLANTA - Falcons owner Arthur Blank said Thursday there is a "general feeling" that the Patriots' failure to acknowledge mistakes added to the punishment they received for deflating footballs.
- John Elway says freak injuries won't change rookie minicamps Updated: May-12-15 7:44 pm
- Despite $1M fine, Patriots reap profit from Brady suspension Updated: May-12-15 6:23 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - A four-game suspension.
- Reid hits NFL over 'racist' Redskins name Updated: May-12-15 2:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid says the National Football League is more concerned with air in footballs than the Washington Redskins' "racist" name.
- ESPN, Bill Simmons part ways Updated: May-08-15 12:18 pm
NEW YORK - ESPN says that it is parting ways with Bill Simmons, one of its top personalities who created the Grantland website and was instrumental in the network's documentary series.
- Column: No games? No worry. It's butt-covering season in NFL Updated: May-07-15 12:42 pm
The NFL moves heaven and earth a dozen times every Sunday of the season to get calls on the field exactly right.
- NFL finds Patriots employees probably deflated balls Updated: May-06-15 11:36 pm
Tom Brady: Unbelievable.
- Browns wrap up draft, grab wide receiver, ignore quarterback Updated: May-02-15 9:21 pm
BEREA, Ohio - No splash, no sizzle, and surprisingly, no quarterback.
- The Latest: It's the Ickey Shuffle! Updated: May-01-15 9:10 pm
CHICAGO - 7:52 p.m. (8:52 p.m. EDT)
- Winston brings spotlight to Alabama hometown for draft Updated: May-01-15 12:56 am
BESSEMER, Alabama - Jameis Winston celebrated the NFL draft his way, creating his own memorable moment with family and friends in his hometown. It was his mother who handed him his No. 3 Buccaneers jersey after he became the top pick, not the NFL commissioner.
- NFL increasing support of youth football with flag program Updated: Apr-29-15 2:17 am
The NFL is enhancing its commitment to upgrading equipment for youth football organizations, and along with USA Football and GENYOUth will distribute 1 million flag football kits to 2,500 schools nationwide.
- After decades, NFL decides to give up tax-exempt status Updated: Apr-28-15 7:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Every so often, in a bid to sound threatening, a member of Congress has vowed to revoke the NFL's tax-exempt status. Now Commissioner Roger Goodell says the league will give it up voluntarily to "eliminate this distraction."