- After primary victory, Texas' Davis faces big odds Updated: Mar-05-14 6:46 pm
- Abbott reports $30M, Davis $11M in governor's race Updated: Feb-24-14 6:02 pm
- Republican primary often most important election Updated: Feb-23-14 11:45 am
- Nugent backlash reveals rare misstep for Texas GOP Updated: Feb-21-14 5:24 pm
- Abbott: Nugent 'rightly apologized' for Obama slur Updated: Feb-21-14 3:54 pm
- Nugent apologizes for 'subhuman mongrel' remark Updated: Feb-21-14 2:01 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - After her easy victory in the Texas Democratic primary, Wendy Davis, one of the brightest stars of the 2014 campaign, is now embarking on her mission to win the governor's office and revive her party's fortunes in the heart of conservative America. Already, Texas politics has never seen anyone like her: a dynamo with a trailer park-to-Harvard Law story who makes nationwide donors swoon.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic candidate for governor Wendy Davis outraised her opponent over the last 30 days, while Republican Attorney General Greg Abbott has $30 million socked away, almost three times as much as Davis, the campaigns said Monday while meeting a fundraising reporting deadline.
AUSTIN, Texas - In a state with 26 million people, the leaders of Texas are routinely chosen by 750,000 people.
AUSTIN, Texas - Mitt Romney rallied with Kid Rock and President George W. Bush had a fan in Alice Cooper. But a Ted Nugent encore in the Texas governor's race is growing unlikely after blowback from Republican Greg Abbott's embrace of the ultimate shock rocker.
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican Attorney General Greg Abbott says Ted Nugent "rightly apologized" for degrading comments that resurfaced after welcoming the polarizing rocker to his campaign for Texas governor.
AUSTIN, Texas - Ted Nugent has apologized for calling President Barack Obama a "subhuman mongrel," attempting to defuse a political flap engulfing Texas' governor's race.