- Family of boy shot by police: Don't delay suit against cops Updated: May-04-15 10:04 pm
CLEVELAND - Relatives of a 12-year-old boy who was killed by police asked Monday for their lawsuit against two officers to not be delayed and questioned why the criminal investigation remains pending more than five months after the shooting.
- Correction: Closer Look-Privatizing DCEO story Updated: May-04-15 6:54 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - In a story May 3 about legislation to privatize much of the work of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, The Associated Press misattributed a quote criticizing the plan. The quote should have been attributed to Ralph Martire, executive director of the Center for Tax and Budget Accountability, not to Ron Baiman, who is no longer with the organization.
- With Walker a 2016 GOP force, Kasich and Snyder ponder runs Updated: May-04-15 3:36 am
WASHINGTON - Wisconsin's Scott Walker has emerged as a force in the 2016 White House contest. It's a position two other Republican governors from the Midwest, lesser known but similarly ambitious, undoubtedly would like to be in.
- Portman faces balancing act on trade as he seeks re-election Updated: May-02-15 11:03 am
WASHINGTON - Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio is maneuvering with care as he runs for re-election in a swing state while cautiously supporting a free-trade deal that even some fellow Republicans fear could lead to job losses back home.
- Ohio governor: Police standards board 'will bridge this gap' Updated: Apr-29-15 4:35 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A first-ever Ohio police standards board will lay out rules for law enforcement over the proper use of deadly force, Gov. John Kasich announced Wednesday in a move sparked by a series of fatal police shootings, including the November death of 12-year-old Tamir Rice in Cleveland.
- Editorials from around Ohio Updated: Apr-27-15 11:07 am
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers:
- Kasich says money, ability to compete will drive GOP bid Updated: Apr-26-15 11:10 am
WASHINGTON - Ohio Gov. John Kasich says his ability to raise money and compete in the early primary states will guide his decision on whether to make a full run for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.
- Ohio governor getting "more serious" about presidential bid Updated: Apr-19-15 11:44 am
CINCINNATI - Ohio Gov. John Kasich said Sunday he's getting "more and more serious" about jumping into the 2016 presidential race, a contest in which he said he would be the most experienced candidate.
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 p.m. EDT Updated: Apr-18-15 6:03 pm
Islamic State group blamed for Afghan suicide bombing killing 35, a potential major escalation
- Ohio governor: 'Seriously considering' GOP presidential bid Updated: Apr-13-15 5:32 pm
DETROIT - Ohio Gov. John Kasich told business leaders in Detroit on Monday that that he was "seriously considering" a race for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination but isn't setting a timetable for a decision.
- Ohio highway department to undertake costliest project ever Updated: Apr-12-15 11:08 am
CLEVELAND - Ohio's highway department is moving forward on what will be its most expensive project ever.