- Kasich works to assure South Carolina of conservative record Updated: Feb-12-16 4:12 am
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - An energized John Kasich heads into South Carolina's Republican presidential primary hoping to build on a strong showing in New Hampshire, but he's refusing to tailor or shift his message to fit the state's more conservative electorate.
- Ohio leaders say medical marijuana issue isn't going away Updated: Feb-11-16 6:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Legislative leaders and statewide officers weighed in Thursday on how Ohio should address the issue of medical marijuana, with most agreeing that the matter is not going away.
- The Latest: Taylor has no problem letting voters decide pot Updated: Feb-11-16 4:07 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest from a forum for journalists organized by The Associated Press (all times local):
- Cruz app data collection helps campaign read minds of voters Updated: Feb-11-16 3:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Protecting the privacy of law-abiding citizens from the government is a pillar of Ted Cruz's Republican presidential candidacy, but his campaign is testing the limits of siphoning personal data from supporters.
- Rubio eyes brokered convention after NH setback Updated: Feb-11-16 2:03 pm
OKATIE, South Carolina - The best hope of the Republican establishment just a week ago, Marco Rubio suddenly faces a path to his party's presidential nomination that could require a brokered national convention.
- The Latest: Bush says he won't blame Obama for problems Updated: Feb-10-16 8:39 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Here's the latest on the 2016 presidential race as Republican and Democratic candidates head from New Hampshire to South Carolina and beyond. All times local:
- Ohio bill to strip Planned Parenthood funds heads to Kasich Updated: Feb-10-16 6:18 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich is expected to sign a bill stripping government money from Planned Parenthood, a move that might help him with conservatives who dominate the upcoming Republican presidential primary in South Carolina.
- The Latest: Planned Parenthood targets Kasich in online ads Updated: Feb-10-16 5:59 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on an Ohio proposal that seeks to strip government funding away from Planned Parenthood (all times local):
- Jumbled GOP field hopes for survival in South Carolina Updated: Feb-10-16 5:32 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Hoping for survival in the South, a muddled field of Republican presidential contenders descended Wednesday on South Carolina, no closer to clarity about who can stand between Donald Trump and their party's nomination.
- New Hampshire Takeaways: Donald Trump proves he's a winner Updated: Feb-10-16 8:09 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire voters have made their picks: Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Bernie Sanders. They are choices with implications for next-to-vote South Carolina, Nevada and beyond in the 2016 race for president.
- AP News Guide: A big validation for Sanders, Trump Updated: Feb-10-16 3:42 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - It's getting harder to shake off Donald Trump as just a hot-air balloon and Bernie Sanders as a pie-in-the-sky political revolutionary.
- New Hampshire voters take to polls in 1st-in-nation primary Updated: Feb-09-16 1:41 pm
New Hampshire hosts the first-in-the-nation presidential primary, featuring candidates for the Republican and Democratic nomination. Of the state's 1.33 million residents, more than 870,000 residents are registered to vote. Polls started opening at 7 a.m., except for a handful of communities that begin voting just after midnight. In Dixville Notch, voters in that tiny town gave Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich two votes, Republican Donald Trump got two and U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders won four votes for his Democratic bid.
- WATCHING TUESDAY: NH existential test for Trump's candidacy Updated: Feb-09-16 12:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Which candidate is "the best," who's the most experienced, who's a revolutionary and who's a robot?
- Primary puts values of retail campaigning to the test Updated: Feb-09-16 3:56 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Donald Trump upended the traditions of New Hampshire campaigning when he opted for mega-rallies over living room conversations and diner stops, spending less time in the first primary state than any of his rivals. Yet the businessman goes into the state's Tuesday primary with the hope of clinching his first win.
- Travel fund for Kasich security tops $350K Updated: Feb-08-16 3:51 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The cost of Ohio Gov. John Kasich's security detail has skyrocketed since the Republican governor began running for president last year.
- Siena poll shows Clinton, Trump favored among NY voters Updated: Feb-08-16 10:44 am
ALBANY, New York - A new poll shows Hillary Clinton favored by registered New York Democrats while Donald Trump leads among Republicans voters in the state.
- Debate Takeaways: Rubio shaken, Trump not stirred Updated: Feb-08-16 7:51 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - There have been no higher stakes on a Republican debate stage in the 2016 campaign for president than there were Saturday night.
- Cruz seeks to appeal to supporters on fringe of GOP Updated: Feb-08-16 3:39 am
PETERBOROUGH, New Hampshire - Some politicians run from polarizing endorsements. Ted Cruz seeks them out.
- Political tourists flock to New Hampshire for up-close view Updated: Feb-08-16 3:35 am
SALEM, New Hampshire - Ann and Jon Vitti hopped on a flight from Los Angeles to snowy New Hampshire to witness firsthand what they can't see on their TV: The more personal side of presidential politics.
- Heroin scourge changes role of police in hard-hit areas Updated: Feb-07-16 11:51 am
CINCINNATI - Forehead furrowed, a woman drags on a Camel cigarette, admitting she has only vague memories of nearly dying five days earlier.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Feb-06-16 1:17 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- Judge: Discovery done in protracted Libertarian suit in Ohio Updated: Feb-05-16 5:36 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A judge has declared the evidence-gathering phase closed in the Libertarian Party of Ohio's protracted lawsuit over disqualification of two of its statewide candidates in 2014.
- Arnold, Montel back Kasich presidential bid as NH vote nears Updated: Feb-05-16 11:46 am
In answer to New Hampshire voters flocking to The Donald, John Kasich (KAY'-sik) is battling his Republican presidential rival by bringing in The Arnold - and former television host Montel Williams.
- Rubio could see campaign fortunes rise from Iowa finish Updated: Feb-03-16 8:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Marco Rubio's strong third-place finish in Iowa could sound like a starting gun to the Republican Party's top donors.
- Toomey endorsing Rubio in presidential race Updated: Feb-03-16 6:23 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey endorsed Florida Sen. Marco Rubio for the Republican presidential nomination on Wednesday, backing a candidate who he said has the best chance to win in the fall and be a great president.