- Kerry visits UAE for talks on Syria Updated: Feb-17-14 9:37 am
- Syria peace talks in doubt after 6th day in Geneva Updated: Feb-15-14 9:13 am
- Longtime Syria activist now negotiates peace Updated: Feb-14-14 6:26 am
- Syria's Homs: Evacuee tells of life under siege Updated: Feb-12-14 3:51 pm
- Syrian peace talks appear bogged down, no progress Updated: Feb-11-14 2:31 pm
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry traveled to Abu Dhabi Monday for discussions with Emirati officials on the deteriorating situation in Syria, nuclear talks with Iran and the Middle East peace process.
GENEVA - U.N.-Arab League mediator Lakhdar Brahimi ended direct talks between the Syrian government and opposition Saturday without finding a way of breaking the impasse in peace talks.
GENEVA - As a human rights lawyer and longtime pro-democracy activist in Syria, Suheir Atassi once said she would never negotiate with President Bashar Assad's government.
BEIRUT - Weeping children begged for food and women picked grass to eat as hunger gripped rebel-held neighborhoods of the Syrian city of Homs during a nearly two-year military blockade, according to a rare first-hand account by a man evacuated during a truce this week.
GENEVA - Syrian peace talks appeared bogged down Tuesday, with the U.N. mediator acknowledging little progress has been achieved and the two sides failing even to agree on an agenda to move negotiations forward.