- Mississippi editorial roundup Updated: Jul-29-15 4:00 pm
Recent editorials from Mississippi newspapers:
- Senate moves forward on 6-year highway, transit bill Updated: Jul-22-15 9:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate agreed Wednesday to take up a sweeping transportation bill a little over a week before states will face a cutoff of highway and transit aid in the middle of the summer construction season.
- Congress pursues legislative changes following pier shooting Updated: Jul-21-15 9:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Urged on by anguished testimony from the father of a murder victim, Congress plunged into a heated debate over immigration on Tuesday as GOP lawmakers vowed to shut down funding for so-called sanctuary cities like San Francisco that shield immigrants from deportation by federal authorities.
- Fierce fight looms on Ex-Im Bank as outside groups weigh in Updated: Jul-20-15 5:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress is about to decide the fate of an obscure federal agency that has become improbably tangled in presidential politics and Republican Party infighting, and the billionaire Koch Brothers may end up on the losing side.
- House passes another bill to stem California drought Updated: Jul-16-15 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - The House on Thursday passed GOP-led legislation designed to bring more water to California's farm belt amid a severe and lengthy drought.
- Dispute over Confederate flag stymies spending bills on Hill Updated: Jul-10-15 7:04 pm
WASHINGTON - The dispute in Congress over the Confederate flag threatened Friday to upend House Republican plans to move forward on routine spending legislation, amid concerns that Democrats could hijack the bills to debate the flag.