- GOP-led Congress prepared to let Export-Import Bank expire Updated: Jun-24-15 11:39 am
WASHINGTON - Congressional Republicans are poised to deal a sharp blow to their traditional allies in the business community by allowing the federal Export-Import Bank to go out of business at the end of the month. But it may only be temporary.
- Obama: US lacks 'complete strategy' for training Iraqis Updated: Jun-08-15 5:41 pm
ELMAU, Germany - Acknowledging military setbacks, President Barack Obama said Monday the United States still lacks a "complete strategy" for training Iraqi forces to fight the Islamic State. He urged Iraq's government to allow more of the nation's Sunnis to join the campaign against the violent militants.
- Congress sends NSA phone-records bill to president Updated: Jun-02-15 9:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress approved sweeping changes Tuesday to surveillance laws enacted after the Sept. 11 attacks, eliminating the National Security Agency's disputed bulk phone-records collection program and replacing it with a more restrictive measure to keep the records in phone companies' hands.
- House GOP moves to punish State Dept. over Benghazi delays Updated: Jun-02-15 4:25 pm
WASHINGTON - Following through on a threat, House Republicans on Tuesday proposed cutting the State Department's budget to protest its slow response in producing documents related to the investigation of the terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya.
- House GOP leader: Premature for House to investigate Hastert Updated: Jun-01-15 11:30 am
WASHINGTON - It would be premature for the House to probe whether former Speaker Dennis Hastert committed any wrongdoing while still in office, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy said Monday.