- For second time, House OKs bill targeting Iran nuclear deal Updated: Feb-02-16 6:21 pm
WASHINGTON - The House approved for the second time in three weeks a Republican-led bill targeting the landmark nuclear agreement with Iran.
- Puerto Rico seeks bond swap in proposed restructuring deal Updated: Feb-01-16 6:29 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rico's government is pushing a bond swap with creditors to help generate revenue as U.S. legislators prepare to consider creating an oversight authority to help pull the island out of a deepening economic crisis.
- Tennessee GOP Rep. Fincher to retire Updated: Feb-01-16 4:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Tennessee GOP Rep. Stephen Fincher announced Monday that he will retire from Congress at the end of his term.
- House leader: Criminal justice revamp doable, but could wait Updated: Feb-01-16 3:03 pm
WASHINGTON - An overhaul of the nation's criminal justice system may have to wait until next year, a top congressional Republican said Monday, in the latest indication that the bipartisan effort might succumb to election-year pressures.
- Pentagon defends use of Russian engines to launch satellites Updated: Jan-27-16 4:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Senior Pentagon officials on Wednesday sought to defend the use of Russian-made rocket engines to send U.S. military satellites into space, telling exasperated lawmakers they are moving quickly to end the practice and rely on American-made rockets for the launches.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Time and Speaker Ryan waits for no one Updated: Jan-13-16 2:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Time waits for no one. And neither does House Speaker Paul Ryan.
- Congress votes to scrap new rules to protect smaller waters Updated: Jan-13-16 1:41 pm
WASHINGTON - Despite a threatened presidential veto, Congress has voted to scrap new federal rules intended to protect smaller streams, tributaries and wetlands from development and pollution.
- McConnell: No intention of pushing for new war powers vote Updated: Jan-10-16 3:15 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate won't take up President Barack Obama's request for new war powers to fight the Islamic State group, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Sunday, to avoid tying the hands of the next president.
- Benghazi panel Republican 'hopeful' Clinton will be charged Updated: Jan-08-16 5:51 pm
WASHINGTON - A Republican member of the House Benghazi committee says he is "hopeful" the Justice Department will bring charges against Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton for having classified information on her private email server.
- Georgia GOP Rep. Westmoreland to retire Updated: Jan-07-16 4:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Six-term Georgia GOP Rep. Lynn Westmoreland, whose recruiting efforts helped Republicans win control of the House in 2010, announced Thursday that he'll retire from the House at the end of the year.