- Federal study warns of sudden climate change woes Updated: Dec-03-13 6:19 pm
- Marathon Iran nuke talks, asterisk and 'Danny Boy' Updated: Nov-26-13 8:52 am
- Easing of Iran sanctions could start in December Updated: Nov-25-13 5:35 pm
- Hemsworth back as Thor but won't be type-cast Updated: Nov-08-13 7:35 pm
- McAuliffe elected governor of Va. over Cuccinelli Updated: Nov-06-13 1:47 am
WASHINGTON - Hard-to-predict sudden changes to Earth's environment are more worrisome than climate change's bigger but more gradual impacts, a panel of scientists advising the federal government concluded Tuesday.
WASHINGTON - Way past midnight at an upscale Swiss hotel, negotiations hit the nitty-gritty on a breakthrough deal about Iran's nuclear program. There was a flurry of calls with the White House, pizza and talk about a tiny, but critical, asterisk in what became the final agreement.
BRUSSELS - European Union sanctions against Iran could be eased as soon as December, officials said Monday, after a potentially history-shaping deal that gives Tehran six months to increase access to its nuclear sites in exchange for keeping the core components of its uranium program.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - On the screen, Chris Hemsworth battles aliens as superhero Thor. But this day, his wounds are of the domestic variety.
TYSONS CORNER, Virginia - Terry McAuliffe wrested the governor's office from Republicans on Tuesday, capping an acrimonious campaign that was driven by a crush of negative advertising, non-stop accusations of dodgy dealings and a tea party-backed nominee who tested the limits of swing-voting Virginia.