- Column: Best (and worst) of sports in 2013 Updated: Dec-20-13 3:20 pm
- AP source: Padres, Benoit agree to 2-year deal Updated: Dec-18-13 7:18 pm
- Manning realizes his comeback inspires others Updated: Dec-16-13 10:22 pm
- Items from Boston's World Series run go on display Updated: Dec-05-13 2:10 pm
- Tigers agree to deal with Joe Nathan Updated: Dec-04-13 6:05 pm
- Hall of Fame ballot overflows with worthy ballplayers Updated: Nov-29-13 9:18 am
- Red Sox video takes fans from marathon to title Updated: Nov-25-13 10:31 pm
- Ortiz, Victorino shavings being auctioned off Updated: Nov-21-13 3:48 pm
The MTV Video Music Awards have lost all their hipness. The Emmys are a total snooze. The Oscars will surely overlook movies we've actually seen, like "Anchorman 2."
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Peyton Manning says he's not sure he's deserving of the 2013 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year honor but is glad to be in such elite company that includes the likes of former Tennessee women's basketball coach Pat Summitt.
COOPERSTOWN, New York - Bats, gloves and jerseys used by the Boston Red Sox during their World Series victory are among the memorabilia now on display at the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.
DETROIT - Joe Nathan expects to fit in just fine in Detroit - and now the Tigers don't have to face the closer who has dominated them more than perhaps any other in baseball.
That was quite a Hall of Fame dinner reception they had at Cooperstown last year.
BOSTON - Tired of watching the Boston Red Sox fumble away their chances early in the World Series, David Ortiz called his teammates together in the visitor's dugout at Busch Stadium and, for the second time in the season, delivered the words everyone needed to hear.
BOSTON - It's the ultimate display of Red Sox fandom: owning strands of David Ortiz's World Series-winning beard.