- Rays lose 2-0 to Red Sox despite Smyly gem Updated: May-05-15 11:05 pm
- Red Sox make 5 hits count, beat Rays 2-0 Updated: May-05-15 11:00 pm
BOSTON - Mookie Betts didn't need any body English to coax his two home runs stay fair and help the Boston Red Sox snap a four-game losing streak.
- Ellsbury has 4 hits, leads Yankees to 8-5 win over Red Sox Updated: May-04-15 1:12 am
BOSTON - Andrew Miller had a chance to seal the New York Yankees' sweep by retiring the bottom of the Red Sox order.
- Ramirez caps big April in Boston's 4-1 win over Toronto Updated: Apr-29-15 10:08 pm
BOSTON - Hanley Ramirez capped off a strong April. Better yet, Rick Porcello gave Boston's beleaguered pitching staff a boost.
- Orioles give up 3 HRs and lose 5th straight, 7-5 to Red Sox Updated: Apr-25-15 12:08 am
- Bird, Papi on board of Boston Olympic bid committee Updated: Apr-22-15 1:35 pm
- Ortiz suspended 1 game by MLB for making contact with umpire Updated: Apr-21-15 5:29 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Boston designated hitter David Ortiz was suspended for one game and fined by Major League Baseball on Tuesday.
- Red Sox get 5 unearned runs in 7-1 win over Orioles Updated: Apr-20-15 5:17 pm
BOSTON - The way Justin Masterson was pitching, he didn't need much help. The Orioles gave it to him, anyway.
- Plate umpire Paul Emmel leaves game; fill-in ejects Ortiz Updated: Apr-19-15 3:50 pm
BOSTON - The game between Baltimore and Boston was delayed for a few minutes in the middle of the fourth inning Sunday because home plate umpire Paul Emmel left the field for an undisclosed reason.
- Buchanan struggles, Phillies lose to Red Sox Updated: Apr-09-15 11:27 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A bunch of infield hits and a bloop turned David Buchanan's first start of the season into the shortest outing in his career.
- Francoeur, Harang lead Phillies over Red Sox Updated: Apr-08-15 11:20 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Jeff Francoeur wanted to stick around baseball badly enough that he even tried pitching in the minors.
- Red Sox, Porcello agree to 4-year, $82.5 million contract Updated: Apr-07-15 3:42 am
BOSTON - Before he even made his first start for the Boston Red Sox, Rick Porcello decided he wanted to stay.
- Openers: A-Rod cheered, rain delay booed, Big Papi stays put Updated: Apr-07-15 1:59 am
Alex Rodriguez got cheered at Yankee Stadium, a rain delay got booed in Miami, and David Ortiz got a quick introduction to baseball's new speed-up rules.
- Ortiz adheres to pace of play rules, strikes out in 1st AB Updated: Apr-06-15 3:41 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Boston slugger David Ortiz kept both feet in the batter's box for all three pitches while striking out in his first at-bat since baseball adopted new pace of play rules.