- FBI creates Facebook page in Farsi for case of missing agent Updated: Feb-02-16 2:00 pm
WASHINGTON - The FBI has launched a Facebook page in Farsi to solicit tips on the whereabouts of Robert Levinson, a former FBI agent who went missing in Iran nine years ago.
- White House says Levinson may no longer be in Iran Updated: Jan-19-16 2:52 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. officials believe Robert Levinson may no longer be in Iran, a White House spokesman said Tuesday, vowing that the U.S. would keep up the search for the former FBI agent who disappeared from an Iranian resort nearly nine years ago.
- 2 Iranian poets, facing lashings and prison, escape country Updated: Jan-18-16 9:32 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Two Iranian poets who face lashings and prison sentences have fled Iran, one of the writers said Monday, a rare escape for local artists and activists ensnared in an ongoing crackdown on expression in the country.
- Obama celebrates return of prisoners, announces sanctions Updated: Jan-17-16 5:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The United States on Sunday imposed sanctions over Iran's ballistic missile testing even as President Barack Obama hailed the release of five Americans from Tehran's custody and the implementation of a nuclear deal he hopes will stand among his lasting foreign policy achievements.
- Obama says 'tireless' effort led to prisoner release Updated: Jan-17-16 11:14 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says Americans long held in Iran will soon be reunited with their families and says "tireless" diplomacy made it possible.