- Putin sends air-defense missiles to Syria to deter Turkey Updated: Nov-25-15 4:05 pm
MOSCOW - In a move raising the potential threat of a Russia-NATO conflict, Russia said Wednesday it will deploy long-range air defense missiles to its base in Syria and destroy any target that may threaten its warplanes following the downing of a Russian military jet by Turkey.
- The Latest: UK envoy: Jet downing must spur end to Syria war Updated: Nov-25-15 3:20 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - The latest on the war in Syria, including a Russian warplane shot down by Turkey. All times local:
- Turkey: New government favors presidential system Updated: Nov-25-15 11:01 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's prime minister says his new government will aim to adopt a new constitution and also believes that Turkey should move to a presidential system - favored by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace Updated: Nov-24-15 5:41 pm
MOSCOW - Turkey shot down a Russian warplane on Tuesday that it said ignored repeated warnings and crossed into its airspace from Syria, killing at least one of the two pilots in a long-feared escalation in tensions between Russia and NATO. Russian President Vladimir Putin denounced what he called a "stab in the back" and warned of "significant consequences."
- Turkey's new government includes Erdogan son-in-law Updated: Nov-24-15 8:25 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish president on Tuesday approved a new government led by Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu, which is composed of several names close to the president, including his son-in-law.
- European Council: Turkey summit set for Sunday Updated: Nov-23-15 3:48 pm
BRUSSELS - European Council President Donald Tusk says he has called for a summit with Turkey this Sunday to "re-energize relations and stem migration flow."
- Turkey ends missile deal talks with China Updated: Nov-15-15 11:13 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's state-run news agency says Turkey has ended negotiations with China on building a missile defense system.
- Paris attacks reaction: Nordic governments condemn attacks Updated: Nov-14-15 5:50 am
PARIS - World leaders are reacting to the deadliest violence to strike France since World War II. Some of their comments:
- Turkish election body confirms results of Nov. 1 vote Updated: Nov-12-15 4:37 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's election body has confirmed the results of the country's Nov. 1 election in which the ruling party regained its parliamentary majority, setting the ball rolling for the formation of a new government.
- Turkish opposition leader speaks out against media crackdown Updated: Nov-06-15 6:57 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's main opposition leader has joined the chorus of anger at a crackdown on media critical of the government, accusing the ruling party of choking democracy.
- Analysis: Erdogan buoyed by election, faces challenges Updated: Nov-02-15 2:45 pm
ISTANBUL - The surprising margin of victory for President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's party in parliamentary elections marks a remarkable turnaround and puts him firmly in control of Turkish politics.
- The Latest: Turkey's nationalist party head stays after vote Updated: Nov-01-15 4:56 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - The latest as tens of millions of Turkish voters cast ballots in a contest that will determine whether the ruling party can restore the parliamentary majority it had enjoyed for over a decade. All times are local.
- In divided Turkey, election unlikely to resolve uncertainty Updated: Oct-29-15 10:01 am
ISTANBUL - As extremist violence and political uncertainty cast a shadow over Turkey, voters are looking for Sunday's parliamentary election to usher in stability. But in a deeply polarized country, the most likely result is more confusion.