- Thousands more Syrians rush toward Turkey to flee fighting Updated: Feb-05-16 5:09 pm
BEIRUT - Thousands of Syrians rushed toward the Turkish border Friday, fleeing a fierce government offensive and intense Russian airstrikes near Syria's largest city of Aleppo.
- The Latest: Kerry says Russia, Assad not complying with UN Updated: Feb-05-16 4:22 pm
BEIRUT - The Latest on Syria (all times Syria local):
- The Latest: France says Turkey must fight trafficking groups Updated: Feb-05-16 3:19 pm
BERLIN - The Latest on the influx of migrants into Europe (all times local):
- UN rights chief: Turkey must probe shooting of civilians Updated: Feb-01-16 12:33 pm
GENEVA - The U.N. human rights chief called on Turkey on Monday to investigate the alleged shooting of unarmed people in southeastern Turkey that turned up in "extremely shocking" footage posted online last week.
- Biden: More support needed to repel IS from Turkish border Updated: Jan-23-16 1:07 pm
ISTANBUL - Turkey and the United States agree on the need to ramp up support for Sunni Arab forces in Syria to cut off the Islamic State group's access to the Turkish border and to prevent future terror attacks, U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said Saturday.
- Merkel and Davutoglu seek solutions to migrant crisis Updated: Jan-22-16 12:33 pm
BERLIN - German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu pledged Friday to continue to work intensively together to solve Europe's migrant crisis - not only to stem the flow of people but to improve conditions in camps in Turkey and to try and bring about a peace deal in Syria.
- Iraqi PM wants Turkey to pull out troops Updated: Jan-22-16 10:23 am
DAVOS, Switzerland - Iraq's prime minister appealed Friday to Turkey to pull its troops out of Iraqi territory and instead provide training and equipment to fight the Islamic State group, which he and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry insisted is losing ground.
- Istanbul suicide bomber registered as refugee before attack Updated: Jan-13-16 5:01 pm
ISTANBUL - The suicide attacker who detonated a bomb that killed 10 German tourists in the heart of Istanbul's historic district had registered as a refugee just a week earlier, Turkish officials said Wednesday, raising questions over whether extremists are posing as asylum-seekers to inflame anti-immigrant sentiment in Europe.
- The Latest: Turkey detains 4 more in Istanbul blast probe Updated: Jan-13-16 12:13 pm
ISTANBUL - The latest on the investigation into the explosion in the historic center of Istanbul. All times local.
- 10 dead, 15 wounded in Istanbul tourist district explosion Updated: Jan-12-16 10:52 am
ISTANBUL - A suicide bomber affiliated with the Islamic State group detonated a bomb in a historic district of Istanbul popular with tourists Tuesday morning, killing at least 10 people - nine of them German tourists - and wounding 15 others, Turkish officials said.