- Greek PM Tsipras takes on Turkey's Davutoglu on Twitter Updated: Nov-29-15 9:24 pm
ATHENS, Greece - A highly unusual online exchange took place on Twitter between the prime ministers of Greece and Turkey late Sunday before the former deleted his tweets - but only from the English version of his account.
- EU, Turkey seek better relations at emergency refugee summit Updated: Nov-29-15 4:31 pm
BRUSSELS - European Union leaders and the Turkish prime minister sealed a joint summit with a commitment to re-energize Turkey's long-stalled membership talks and bolster their common resolve to deal with the Syrian refugee crisis.
- The Latest: Polish PM against new quota of sharing migrants Updated: Nov-29-15 4:25 pm
BRUSSELS - The latest on the mass movement of asylum-seekers and others seeking refuge in Europe. All times local:
- Thousands in Turkey attend funeral of human rights lawyer Updated: Nov-29-15 5:30 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Several thousand people are attending the funeral of a prominent lawyer and human rights defender who was killed in a shooting along with two policemen.
- Turkey says pilot's body to be flown back to Russia Updated: Nov-29-15 5:01 am
ANKARA, Turkey - The Turkish prime minister says Turkey has taken delivery of the body of a Russian pilot who was killed after Turkish F-16s shot down a Russian warplane.
- EU turns to Turkey to help manage its migration woes Updated: Nov-27-15 10:38 am
BRUSSELS - Five years ago, Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi warned that millions of Africans wanted to come to the European Union and offered to make the continent's immigration problem disappear in exchange for billions of euros.
- Turkey: New government favors presidential system Updated: Nov-25-15 11:01 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's prime minister says his new government will aim to adopt a new constitution and also believes that Turkey should move to a presidential system - favored by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace Updated: Nov-24-15 5:41 pm
MOSCOW - Turkey shot down a Russian warplane on Tuesday that it said ignored repeated warnings and crossed into its airspace from Syria, killing at least one of the two pilots in a long-feared escalation in tensions between Russia and NATO. Russian President Vladimir Putin denounced what he called a "stab in the back" and warned of "significant consequences."
- Turkey's new government includes Erdogan son-in-law Updated: Nov-24-15 8:25 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish president on Tuesday approved a new government led by Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu, which is composed of several names close to the president, including his son-in-law.
- Turkey ends missile deal talks with China Updated: Nov-15-15 11:13 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's state-run news agency says Turkey has ended negotiations with China on building a missile defense system.
- Paris attacks reaction: Nordic governments condemn attacks Updated: Nov-14-15 5:50 am
PARIS - World leaders are reacting to the deadliest violence to strike France since World War II. Some of their comments:
- Turkish election body confirms results of Nov. 1 vote Updated: Nov-12-15 4:37 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's election body has confirmed the results of the country's Nov. 1 election in which the ruling party regained its parliamentary majority, setting the ball rolling for the formation of a new government.
- Analysis: Erdogan buoyed by election, faces challenges Updated: Nov-02-15 2:45 pm
ISTANBUL - The surprising margin of victory for President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's party in parliamentary elections marks a remarkable turnaround and puts him firmly in control of Turkish politics.
- The Latest: Turkey's nationalist party head stays after vote Updated: Nov-01-15 4:56 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - The latest as tens of millions of Turkish voters cast ballots in a contest that will determine whether the ruling party can restore the parliamentary majority it had enjoyed for over a decade. All times are local.