- Senate to debate rideshare regulations Updated: Apr-18-14 6:58 pm
- Brewer signs 1 of 4 pro-gun bills passed Wednesday Updated: Apr-16-14 11:40 pm
- Governor signs surprise inspections abortion bill Updated: Apr-15-14 8:50 pm
- Senate approves religious tax breaks Updated: Apr-15-14 6:23 pm
- Human trafficking bill gets nod in Arizona Senate Updated: Apr-09-14 7:28 pm
- Miss. governor signs religious practices bill Updated: Apr-03-14 6:56 pm
- Religious-practices bill headed to Miss. governor Updated: Apr-01-14 9:04 pm
- Ga. lawmakers finish session, head into campaigns Updated: Mar-21-14 7:53 pm
- Signs mark proposed freeway linking Vegas, Phoenix Updated: Mar-21-14 7:43 pm
PHOENIX - Among the major issues left to cover at the Arizona Legislature before the session ends is how to regulate the increasingly popular ridesharing programs like Uber and Lyft.
PHOENIX - Republican Gov. Jan Brewer wasted no time signing into law one of a series of gun bills approved by the Arizona Senate on Wednesday, one that bars local government agencies from restricting shooting on private property.
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer's signing of bill allowing for snap inspections at abortion clinics will likely lead to another legal battle.
PHOENIX - A bill allowing private property owners who lease space to churches to get a tax break will soon hit Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer's desk.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate has given initial approval to a bill targeting pimps who traffic minors for sex.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant signed a bill Thursday that supporters say will assure unfettered practice of religion without government interference but that opponents worry could lead to state-sanctioned discrimination against gays and lesbians.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers on Tuesday passed the final version of a bill that says state and local governments cannot put a substantial burden on religious practices, a measure that sparked debate about possible discrimination against gay people and other groups.
ATLANTA - Members of the Georgia General Assembly are ready to begin their campaigns for another term, fresh off a legislative session highlighted by scads of campaign-friendly maneuvers.
LAS VEGAS - A proposed interstate linking Las Vegas and Phoenix is still years and billions of dollars from reality, but the governors of Nevada and Arizona already have unveiled signs to mark their dream.