- Anthony Gose doubles, homers to lead Tigers over A's 7-3 Updated: Apr-28-16 8:03 pm
DETROIT - Detroit Tigers right-hander Anibal Sanchez thinks he is getting closer to finding the mechanics that deserted him last year.
- Volquez sharp through 7 innings as Royals beat Tigers 4-0 Updated: Apr-21-16 11:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Edinson Volquez whirled around on the mound as the drive by the Tigers' Justin Upton soared over his head, and for a moment wondered why Lorenzo Cain wasn't giving chase.
- Altuve, Springer homer to help Astros defeat Tigers 5-4 Updated: Apr-17-16 7:15 pm
HOUSTON - After hitting his fourth home run of the season, Jose Altuve said he is not trying for long balls.
- Big hit hard to come by as Pirates fall to Tigers 7-4 Updated: Apr-14-16 5:45 pm
PITTSBURGH - By nature, Pittsburgh Pirates manager Clint Hurdle doesn't waste time thinking about the things his team lacks.
- Zimmermann stays sharp, Tigers top Pirates 7-4 Updated: Apr-14-16 5:35 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jordan Zimmermann is making $110 million look like a wise investment. Maybe even a bit of a bargain.
- Upton's 4 hits, long homer lead Tigers over Pirates 8-2 Updated: Apr-12-16 8:15 pm
DETROIT - When new Tigers general manager Al Avila signed Justin Upton during the offseason to play left field and hit second, he had performances like Tuesday afternoon's in mind.
- Polanco doubles twice as Pirates beat Tigers, Verlander Updated: Apr-12-16 1:15 am
DETROIT - Justin Verlander has never been a big fan of April.
- Yankees win in Sabathia's return, 8-4 over Tigers Updated: Apr-09-16 5:53 pm
DETROIT - CC Sabathia was grateful to be back on the mound in a regular-season game - even if it meant having to pitch in subfreezing temperatures.
- Fernandez's home winning streak ends at 17 Updated: Apr-06-16 9:38 pm
MIAMI - Jose Fernandez lost at Marlins Park for the first time.
- Saltalamacchia's 4 RBIs lift Tigers over Marlins 7-3 Updated: Apr-06-16 8:47 pm
MIAMI - Jarrod Saltalamacchia homered and drove in four runs and Francisco Rodriguez struck out Giancarlo Stanton to end the game with the bases loaded as the Detroit Tigers beat Miami 7-3 Wednesday and sent Marlins ace Jose Fernandez his first loss in 27 career starts at home.