- No Canada: NHL playoff ratings plummet north of the border Updated: Apr-22-16 10:46 pm
With NHL playoff viewership down nearly two-thirds across Canada, the television executive who committed Toronto-based Sportsnet to a 12-year, multibillion-dollar broadcasting rights agreement joked how glad he was to have a third-floor office.
- Hats over rats: NHL commish on what fans can throw on ice Updated: Apr-22-16 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - Attention, Florida Panthers fans: Throwing those toy rats on the ice during a game means drawing the ire of NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman.
- Flyers founder Ed Snider remembered for love of the game Updated: Apr-21-16 4:45 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Ed Snider once kicked Donald Trump out of a suite during a playoff game.
- Rats, Octopi and sharks! NHL needs pest control for playoffs Updated: Apr-20-16 4:47 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Rats! And Octopi. Even a lifeless shark.
- Jonathan Drouin's 3 assists help Lightning top Red Wings 3-2 Updated: Apr-19-16 11:24 pm
DETROIT - Jonathan Drouin rewarded the faith and patience of the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Flyers honor founder Ed Snider before Game 3 Updated: Apr-18-16 8:05 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Flyers honored founder Ed Snider before Game 3 of the playoffs in their first home game since his death last week.
- Ed Snider, founder of Philadelphia Flyers, dies at 83 Updated: Apr-11-16 3:23 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Ed Snider was weakened by cancer, the disease that kept him from his beloved Philadelphia Flyers.
- Hurricanes confident rebuilding plan is on the right track Updated: Apr-10-16 11:04 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - At times this season - and even after trading one of the best players in club history - the Carolina Hurricanes looked like a playoff team again.
- Blackhawks' Keith suspended 6 games for high-sticking Updated: Apr-02-16 12:56 am
- Killers and Mr. Las Vegas to open splashy Strip arena Updated: Apr-01-16 6:06 pm
LAS VEGAS - The newest addition to the glittering Las Vegas Strip debuts next week without a slot machine or a blackjack table in sight.
- Canada's NHL playoff shutout has 'painful' ramifications Updated: Apr-01-16 1:15 pm
Paul Samborski and his father, Lenn, were at Winnipeg Arena for the original Jets' final playoff game in 1996 before the team moved to Phoenix. When the NHL returned in 2011, Samborski joined the thousands of fans who signed up for season tickets and brought his dad to the new Jets' first home playoff game last year against Anaheim.