- World No 1 Novak Djokovic withdraws from Madrid Open Updated: Apr-30-15 6:54 pm
MADRID - The ATP says world No. 1 and former champion Novak Djokovic has withdrawn from next week's Madrid Open without elaborating, and will return to competition the following week in Rome, where he is the defending champion.
- 2015 Wimbledon singles champions to receive nearly $3M Updated: Apr-28-15 12:09 pm
LONDON - Prize money keeps going up at Wimbledon, with first-round losers as well as champions cashing in on record rewards.
- Nadal aims to progress as far as possible in Barcelona Open Updated: Apr-20-15 11:29 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Rafael Nadal is fully focused on progressing as far as possible in this week's Barcelona Open, which he refers to as his home tournament.
- AP's European week in photos Updated: Apr-20-15 9:42 am
The image of Arsenal striker Alexis Sanchez celebrating a goal at Wembley is perfectly juxtaposed against the background of horrified Reading supporters at the FA Cup semifinal. In a gentler image, cyclists in the Amstel Gold race in The Netherlands rush past a tree in spring bloom.
- Serena Williams has a solution to liven up Fed Cup Updated: Apr-20-15 6:50 am
BRINDISI, Italy - Seeing Serena Williams play three matches over two days in Fed Cup was a rare treat over the weekend.
- Djokovic beats Nadal to reach Monte Carlo Masters final Updated: Apr-18-15 2:09 pm
MONACO - Monte Carlo is not Rafael Nadal's playground anymore, and Novak Djokovic is claiming the throne left vacant by the King of Clay.
- Djokovic, Germany's World Cup team win Laureus awards Updated: Apr-15-15 12:00 pm
SHANGHAI - Wimbledon champion Novak Djokovic won the sportsman of the year prize at the Laureus Sports Awards on Wednesday, while Germany's World Cup-winning squad received the best team award.
- King of Clay: Nadal back to favorite surface in Monte Carlo Updated: Apr-12-15 1:32 pm
MONACO - Does Rafael Nadal remain the King of Clay?
- Tipsarevic outlasts Clezar at US clay court championships Updated: Apr-08-15 12:03 am
HOUSTON - Janko Tipsarevic of Serbia made a triumphant return to the ATP Tour by outlasting qualifier Guilherme Clezar 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (7) Tuesday in the first round of the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championship.