- Paul Ryan weighs pros, cons of becoming next House speaker Updated: Oct-13-15 8:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Maybe Rep. Paul Ryan doesn't feel like a character in the classic film "The Godfather," weighing an offer he can't refuse. But with Republican Party elders practically begging him to become the next House speaker, the pressure on him to seek the post is immense.
- Q&A: Ryan weighs speaker post, conservatives still a puzzle Updated: Oct-12-15 4:49 pm
WASHINGTON - Rep. Paul Ryan says he doesn't want to be the next House speaker but he's thinking it through - even as the Republican establishment pressures him to just do it.
- Trade deal, Keystone open Clinton to flip-flop charges Updated: Oct-08-15 3:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Martin O'Malley was blunt when he learned Hillary Rodham Clinton had announced her opposition to a Pacific Rim trade deal. "Wow, that's a reversal," he told reporters minutes after Clinton announced her shift.
- Boehner's resignation prompts cheers among GOP's right wing Updated: Sep-26-15 2:49 am
WASHINGTON - The news of House Speaker John Boehner's resignation brought hundreds of religious conservatives to their feet to cheer - and one after another, much of the Republican Party's presidential class joined in their rejoicing.
- Clinton opposes construction of Keystone XL pipeline Updated: Sep-22-15 5:48 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Hillary Rodham Clinton said Tuesday she opposes construction of the Keystone XL pipeline, breaking her longstanding silence over the construction of a project assailed by environmentalists as a threat to the planet's climate.