- Senate blocks Obama's pick for civil rights post Updated: Mar-05-14 5:58 pm
- Schwarzenegger backs Ohio city for GOP convention Updated: Mar-03-14 5:58 pm
- Obama revs up Dems as election year encroaches Updated: Mar-01-14 3:57 am
- Cincy, Cleveland, Columbus make RNC convention cut Updated: Feb-27-14 5:08 pm
- NSA surveillance exposes political party divisions Updated: Feb-18-14 11:48 am
- Loose lips give ammunition to MSNBC foes Updated: Feb-07-14 8:49 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's choice to lead the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division was blocked by bipartisan Senate opposition Wednesday in an emotional postscript to the long-ago murder of a Philadelphia policeman and the legal help his killer received.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is putting his muscle behind a bid by Columbus to host the 2016 Republican National Convention, even as the powerful U.S. House Speaker said he favors a different Ohio city close to his home district.
WASHINGTON - If President Barack Obama and Democrats have their way, voters will see this year's midterm elections as a stark choice: Republicans pushing failed policies from a bygone era versus Democrats advocating for freedom and opportunity for all Americans.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's three largest cities - Cincinnati, Cleveland and Columbus - have been named finalists in the competition to host the 2016 Republican National Convention.
WASHINGTON - The debate roiling the U.S. political landscape about whether to continue the dragnet surveillance of Americans' phone records is highlighting divisions within the Democratic and Republican parties, creating splits in each party that could have consequences ahead of the 2014 congressional elections and the 2016 presidential contest.
NEW YORK - Since MSNBC is in the political ring, its opponents are always on the lookout for things to attack. Lately, NBC's left-leaning cable news sister has offered plenty of ammunition.