- Colon beats Baltimore once again, Mets snap shutout string Updated: May-05-15 9:47 pm
NEW YORK - Bartolo Colon became the first pitcher in at least 100 years to beat the same opponent with seven different teams, stopping Baltimore once again and leading the New York Mets past the Orioles 3-2 Tuesday night.
- Mets pay tribute to slain NYPD officer before game Updated: May-05-15 7:42 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Mets wore NYPD hats and held a moment of silence before Tuesday night's game against Baltimore to honor a police officer who was shot and killed this week while on duty.
- Mets waste another well-pitched game, lose 1-0 to Nats again Updated: May-03-15 6:26 pm
NEW YORK - Weekend series against Washington and its stingy starting rotation. Wrong time for the New York Mets to hit a serious slump at the plate.
- Fister pitches Nationals to 2nd straight 1-0 win over Mets Updated: May-03-15 5:48 pm
NEW YORK - That vaunted Washington rotation is starting to roll.
- Scherzer nicked, Nationals lose to Harvey and Mets 4-0 Updated: May-01-15 11:18 pm
- Mistake-prone Mets lose 6-4 to Yanks in Subway Series finale Updated: Apr-27-15 1:29 am
NEW YORK - After a sensational start, the New York Mets made four errors Sunday night and reverted back to the shoddy brand of baseball that's led to six straight losing seasons.
- A-Rod hits No. 659, Yanks beat Mets 6-4 to win Subway Series Updated: Apr-27-15 12:50 am
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez is one big swing from matching Willie Mays. Whether the New York Yankees would celebrate that achievement - or pay for it, for that matter - remains to be seen.
- A-Rod, Yankees no match for Harvey in 8-2 loss to Mets Updated: Apr-25-15 9:18 pm
- Mets win 11th straight to tie team record, 6-3 over Braves Updated: Apr-23-15 8:18 pm
NEW YORK - With a perfect ride through their first homestand, the surprising New York Mets matched the best start in team history.
- Mets: Harvey has mild ankle sprain but will make next start Updated: Apr-23-15 1:36 am
NEW YORK - Mets ace Matt Harvey has a mild left ankle sprain but the team says he will make his next scheduled start Saturday at Yankee Stadium.
- New Packed Citi: Mets off to fast start despite injuries Updated: Apr-20-15 2:30 am
NEW YORK - One week of winning baseball from Matt Harvey and the Mets has created something new at Citi Field this season: noise.
- Harvey, banged-up Mets hold off Marlins 7-6 for 8th straight Updated: Apr-19-15 6:14 pm
NEW YORK - Travis d'Arnaud had his right hand in a blue cast. Jerry Blevins' left arm was in a sling. About the only thing not broken Sunday at Citi Field was the New York Mets' winning streak.
- Mets get HRs from d'Arnaud and Duda to sweep Phillies, 6-1 Updated: Apr-15-15 11:17 pm
NEW YORK - There was the home opener a couple of days ago. Matt Harvey's return to Citi Field. And then the first game since David Wright got hurt.
- Mets put 3B David Wright on 15-day DL, recall Eric Campbell Updated: Apr-15-15 7:36 pm
NEW YORK - Eight games into the season, David Wright is on the disabled list again.
- Some Mets fans urge Wilpons at home opener: 'Ya gotta leave' Updated: Apr-13-15 5:08 pm
NEW YORK - A group of New York Mets fans has its own slogan this season, a message directed at the club's owners. When the team arrived at Citi Field for Monday's home opener, it was greeted by two new billboards just outside the ballpark.
- Colon's 1st RBI in decade helps Mets beat Braves 4-3 Updated: Apr-12-15 6:02 pm
ATLANTA - A rare run-scoring hit from Bartolo Colon helped give the New York Mets a boost going into their home opener.
- Mets' Mejia banned 80 games, 4th MLB positive within 16 days Updated: Apr-11-15 11:26 pm
ATLANTA - Injured New York Mets closer Jenrry Mejia was suspended for 80 games Saturday, the fourth player in 16 days banned under the major league drug program following a positive test for the steroid Stanozolol.
- 'Back in the Saddle,' Harvey leads Mets past Nationals 6-3 Updated: Apr-09-15 6:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Matt Harvey was rarin' to go in his return from Tommy John surgery, right down to the knobs of his bats labeled with his nickname in all caps: DARK KNIGHT.
- Mets closer Mejia goes on DL with elbow inflammation Updated: Apr-07-15 3:29 pm
NEW YORK - For the second straight season, the New York Mets' closer hasn't made it past opening day.
- Mets closer Mejia feels tightness in elbow, doesn't pitch Updated: Apr-06-15 11:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Mets closer Jenrry Mejia's pitching elbow tightened while he was warming up, so he did not pitch against the Nationals on opening day.