- Cubs' Maddon, Texas' Banister selected Managers of the Year Updated: Nov-18-15 4:25 am
NEW YORK - Joe Maddon and Jeff Banister were a huge hit in their new jobs. Now, immediate team success has reaped individual rewards.
- Harvey, deGrom, Syndergaard, Matz win toast of town award Updated: Nov-17-15 4:17 pm
NEW YORK - Mets pitchers Matt Harvey, Jacob deGrom, Noah Syndergaard and Steven Matz were voted the winners of the Joe DiMaggio Toast of the Town award by the New York chapter of the Baseball Writers' Association of America.
- Boras on Mets: 'a pennant at the end of their aisle' Updated: Nov-11-15 9:09 pm
BOCA RATON, Florida - In his annual attempt to give the New York Mets some food for thought, agent Scott Boras followed their first World Series appearance in 15 years with an upgrade in his metaphors.
- Baseball writers announce finalists for major awards Updated: Nov-10-15 9:27 pm
NEW YORK - Washington Nationals slugger Bryce Harper is one of three finalists for the NL MVP award from teams that failed to make the playoffs.
- GM Rizzo: Nats negotiated with Black, Baker simultaneously Updated: Nov-05-15 3:02 pm
WASHINGTON - After the made-for-TV news conference was done, after new Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker's name-checks of Bill Walsh, Bill Russell, Nelson Mandela, Stevie Wonder and others, after the team's owners quickly exited the room, GM Mike Rizzo stood with reporters off to the side and finally offered his version of what happened to the candidacy of Bud Black.
- 3 days later, Collins asked same question about Harvey Updated: Nov-04-15 7:21 pm
NEW YORK - Three days later, Terry Collins keeps getting asked the same question.
- Just a number: At 66, Baker looks to win big in golden years Updated: Nov-04-15 2:34 am
Dusty Baker has put up plenty of big stats in his baseball life: More than 1,000 RBIs, nearly 2,000 hits, 20 years as a player, 20 more as a manager.
- Ginobili talks his way into playing, despite Pop's rest plan Updated: Nov-02-15 11:32 pm
NEW YORK - Gregg Popovich's plan to rest one of his veterans hit a snag.
- What might have been: Mets move on from stinging Series loss Updated: Nov-02-15 7:27 pm
NEW YORK - It was an exhilarating run with an empty feeling at the finish line.
- Packed Postseason: Utley, Bautista, Schwarber and Royal way Updated: Nov-02-15 6:40 pm
NEW YORK - Hours after the final out, there was only one job left to do at empty Citi Field.
- Collins' lament: 'I let my heart get in the way of my gut' Updated: Nov-02-15 5:09 am
NEW YORK - Terry Collins knew what he wanted to do. And he didn't do it.
- Royals win World Series, rally late and beat Mets 7-2 in 12 Updated: Nov-02-15 4:39 am
NEW YORK - They worked all season to take one more step in the World Series.
- The Latest: Harvey can't contain Royals; Game 5 in extras Updated: Nov-01-15 11:41 pm
- The DH debate: Royals slugger Morales sits in Series games Updated: Nov-01-15 8:18 am
NEW YORK - Kendrys Morales has been everything the Kansas City Royals hoped for when they signed him to a $17 million contract last December.
- Royals' Volquez to start possible clincher after dad's death Updated: Nov-01-15 1:16 am
NEW YORK - Edinson Volquez will have his dad on his mind Sunday night when he tries to pitch the Kansas City Royals to their first World Series title in 30 years.
- Royals survive Rios' gaffe, top Mets 5-3 for 3-1 Series lead Updated: Nov-01-15 12:38 am
NEW YORK - Alex Rios' math mistake didn't add up to a World Series loss for Kansas City.
- High-and-tight purpose pitch may have outlived its purpose Updated: Oct-31-15 7:58 pm
NEW YORK - Somewhere in the past few decades, pitching high and inside has become an offense, a violation of baseball etiquette if not the rules.