- The Latest: Cyprus says latest Greek offer is significant Updated: Jul-01-15 7:41 am
ATHENS, Greece - The latest news on Greece's financial woes (all times local):
- EU refugee response exposes divisions, meagre ambitions Updated: Jun-26-15 8:19 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union decided Friday to share 40,000 of the refugees landing in Italy and Greece but foot-dragging and verbal sniping over the move exposed deep divisions about how to deal with Europe's massive migrant influx.
- Rome's city council votes in favor of Rome 2024 bid Updated: Jun-25-15 2:15 pm
ROME - Rome's city council voted 38-6 in favor of the capital's bid for the 2024 Summer Olympics on Thursday - a strong showing amid a widening corruption scandal.
- De Niro lights up Armani front row as menswear goes feminine Updated: Jun-23-15 1:21 pm
MILAN - Is it a provocation or the next big thing?
- Crisis-hit Europeans: Greece must knuckle down like they did Updated: Jun-19-15 6:52 am
LISBON, Portugal - Europeans in countries which adopted unpopular austerity measures to overcome the recent financial crisis are starting to reap the rewards, even if times are still hard for many and numerous factors are playing a role in the recovery.
- Pope tells Putin: 'Sincere' peace efforts needed for Ukraine Updated: Jun-10-15 10:20 pm
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis encouraged Russian President Vladimir Putin to engage in "sincere" international efforts aimed at bringing peace to Ukraine as the two men met privately at the Vatican on Wednesday.
- Italian premier's party claims victory in 5 of 7 regions Updated: Jun-01-15 8:05 am
MILAN - Italian Premier Matteo Renzi's Democratic Party claimed victory Monday in five of seven regions that voted for new leaders, but the real winner was the anti-Europe and once-regional Northern League that showed strong gains nationally.