- Italy mourns, premier demands truth from Egypt in slaying Updated: Feb-12-16 1:32 pm
ROME - As Italians mourned, Italy's premier insisted Friday that his country's friendship with Egypt can only exist "if the truth emerges" about the death of an Italian doctoral student who was doing research in Cairo.
- Italian Parliament backs Rome's bid for 2024 Olympics Updated: Feb-02-16 4:12 pm
ROME - The Italian Parliament voted on Tuesday to back Rome's bid to host the 2024 Olympic Games
- Italy minister says Iran statue cover-up 'incomprehensible' Updated: Jan-27-16 11:15 am
ROME - Italy's culture minister has criticized as "incomprehensible" the decision to cover up naked statues at a Rome museum where Iranian President Hassan Rouhani was visiting, adding a new twist to the controversy that has dominated Rouhani's deal-making visit to Italy.
- Italian gay rights debate prompts rethink of sacred family Updated: Jan-27-16 5:47 am
ROME - In Italy, family is considered so sacred that marriage is lauded in the Constitution. But what kind of family?
- Iranian president Rouhani begins 4-day European visit Updated: Jan-25-16 4:56 pm
ROME - Italy's premier said Monday that Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, kicking off the first state visit to Europe by an Iranian president in nearly two decades, "can play a fundamental role in the stability" of the Middle East.
- Apple to open apps center in Naples; CEO Cook meets Renzi Updated: Jan-22-16 1:47 pm
ROME - Apple has chosen Naples, Italy, to establish Europe's first iOS App Development Center.
- Renzi confident time is right for Rome to host Olympics Updated: Jan-21-16 12:41 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Italian Premier Matteo Renzi believes Rome's time has finally come to host the Olympics again.
- Italian director Ettore Scola dead at 84 Updated: Jan-19-16 7:43 pm
ROME - Ettore Scola, one of the last greats of Italian film, has died at age 84.