- Obama meets with Ukraine prime minister Wednesday Updated: Mar-09-14 6:59 pm
- Obama continues telephone outreach on Ukraine Updated: Mar-08-14 3:08 pm
- Italy's prime minister in Tunisia for talks Updated: Mar-04-14 4:48 pm
- Italy cheers Oscar return but critics remain Updated: Mar-03-14 12:01 pm
- Italy's new premier wins crucial confidence vote Updated: Feb-24-14 7:25 pm
- Tuscan tapped to be next Italian PM is fast-riser Updated: Feb-17-14 10:59 am
- Berlusconi remains a force in Italy turmoil Updated: Feb-14-14 6:13 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama will meet this week with Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk, the White House said Sunday, in a prominent show of U.S. support for Ukraine's fledgling new government.
KEY LARGO, Florida - Vacationing in Florida, President Barack Obama continued his telephone consultations with world leaders on Ukraine, speaking one on one Saturday with the leaders of three European powers and collectively with the heads of the three Baltic states, White House said.
TUNIS, Tunisia - Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi has met with Tunisian leaders to push for closer cooperation on trade and immigration.
ROME - Italy celebrated Monday after "The Great Beauty" ended the country's 15-year hiatus and won the Oscar for best foreign-language film. But even the film's muse lamented the fallen Rome it portrays and critics including the Vatican said it was just a cheap Fellini knockoff.
ROME - Italian Premier Matteo Renzi won a crucial confidence vote in Parliament on his brand new government early Tuesday, managing at least for now to tamp down anger from among his own Democrats over his brash, quick rise to power.
ROME - Matteo Renzi is a fast-talker, fast-mover who has rocketed to the peak of Italian politics after being tapped Monday to try to form Italy's next government. Here's a fast look at what distinguishes the Democratic leader from the rest of Italy's political class.
MILAN - He has been convicted of tax fraud, booted out of the Senate and banned from political office.