- Obama, Clinton circles overlap in Dem fundraising Updated: Mar-11-14 10:27 pm
- State comptroller DiNapoli reviews NYC finances Updated: Mar-11-14 7:22 pm
- Cuomo gives pre-K vow; Assembly favors de Blasio Updated: Mar-10-14 7:28 pm
- NYC first lady postpones Albany lobbying trip Updated: Mar-10-14 1:29 pm
- Actor chides NYC mayor for horse stable no-show Updated: Mar-10-14 6:32 am
- Pre-K plan in jeopardy, de Blasio pushes forward Updated: Mar-08-14 7:27 pm
- NYC mayor says he doesn't oppose charter schools Updated: Mar-08-14 3:35 pm
- Chancellor: NYC will find seats for charter kids Updated: Mar-07-14 11:17 am
- Mayors say big cities are driving US resurgence Updated: Mar-06-14 9:58 pm
- Poll: Voters not thrilled with de Blasio's start Updated: Mar-06-14 7:13 pm
- Cardinal Dolan supports expanded NYC pre-k Updated: Mar-06-14 5:04 pm
- APNewsBreak: NYC mayor's wife to lobby Albany Updated: Mar-05-14 4:38 pm
- NYC mayor drops lawsuit over anti-profiling law Updated: Mar-05-14 4:30 pm
- De Blasio, Cuomo push dueling education agendas Updated: Mar-04-14 8:16 pm
- Analysis: Obama budget tries to have it both ways Updated: Mar-04-14 4:52 pm
- Cuomo to address charter school rally at Capitol Updated: Mar-04-14 11:37 am
- De Blasio to meet with Cuomo after pre-K rally Updated: Mar-04-14 11:24 am
- NYC police officers who saved baby honored Updated: Mar-03-14 5:37 pm
- NYC mayor marches in gay-friendly St. Pat's parade Updated: Mar-02-14 6:15 pm
- Liam Neeson chides NYC mayor on horse carriages Updated: Feb-28-14 8:37 pm
- Showdown over NYC charter schools looms in Albany Updated: Feb-28-14 5:31 pm
- NYC to block 3 charter schools from public space Updated: Feb-27-14 7:25 pm
- Boston, NYC mayors to skip St. Pat's parades Updated: Feb-27-14 6:26 pm
- NYPD unveils new training protocols Updated: Feb-27-14 6:17 pm
- Chicago mayor to march in St. Pat's parade Updated: Feb-27-14 6:16 pm
NEW YORK - Melding 2014 needs with 2016 hopes, President Barack Obama teamed up Tuesday with an ally and fundraiser of former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton to help the Democratic Party erase a worrisome debt.
NEW YORK - New York City's finances have been helped by strong revenue growth, but ongoing structural deficits and labor contracts that still have to be renewed are a concern, New York State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli said in a report issued Tuesday.
ALBANY, New York - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's fellow Democrats in control of the state Assembly were poised to grant New York City authority to raise taxes on its wealthiest residents to pay for full-day pre-kindergarten - though the funding proposal still faced major hurdles at the state Capitol.
NEW YORK - New York City first lady Chirlane McCray is postponing her lobbying trip to Albany.
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's signature proposal, a tax increase on the wealthy to pay for universal prekindergarten, appears to be on life support, blocked by a governor and state lawmakers who stubbornly oppose such a tax in an election year.
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says the city will work to find space for displaced charter school students.
NEW YORK - Schools Chancellor Carmen Farina (Fah-REEN'-yah) says New York City will find seats for 194 charter school students who aren't getting the building they were originally promised.
CHICAGO - Mayors of some of America's biggest cities said Thursday that cities, not Washington, D.C., are driving the country's economic growth.
NEW YORK - Only thirty-nine percent of registered New York City voters believe Mayor Bill de Blasio's has done a "good" or "excellent" job during his first two months in City Hall, according to a poll released Thursday.
NEW YORK - New York's Cardinal Timothy Dolan is pledging the support of the city's Catholic schools to create universal pre-kindergarten.
NEW YORK - Chirlane McCray, who already wields more influence than any New York City first lady in recent memory, will further expand her role when she travels to Albany next week for some high-profile lobbying for her husband's signature pre-kindergarten plan.
NEW YORK - New York City will stop challenging a law making it easier to bring racial profiling cases against the police, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Wednesday, furthering his pledge to change the tenor of policing in the nation's largest city.
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo pledged his support to a massive pro-charter school rally Tuesday at the state Capitol as New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio urged one more push in the state Legislature for his beleaguered pre-kindergarten funding plan - underscoring the political differences between the two powerful Democrats.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama tried to have it both ways Tuesday with an election-year budget that paid faint lip service to reducing federal deficits, then piled on about $1 trillion in tax increases and hundreds of billions in higher spending designed to appeal to economically squeezed voters rather than congressional foes of red ink.
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo will attend a massive state Capitol rally for charter schools.
ALBANY, New York - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is set to meet with Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders at the state Capitol as he tries to keep alive a tax to fund his signature pre-kindergarten plan.
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, who plans to skip the nation's largest St. Patrick's Day parade because participants are banned from carrying signs or banners identifying themselves as gay, joined the gay-friendly St. Pat's For All Parade Sunday, saying it honors the traditions of the city by celebrating inclusion.
NEW YORK - Liam Neeson says he's "a little bit pissed off" at Mayor Bill de Blasio for wanting to shut down the horse-drawn carriage industry in New York City.
NEW YORK - A showdown over charter schools in New York City is looming in Albany as advocates for the schools plan to hold a rally at the state capital Tuesday just as Mayor Bill de Blasio is there pushing his pre-kindergarten plan.
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's administration has blocked three charter schools from using space inside public school buildings, reversing a decision from his predecessor and making good on a campaign promise to rein in the influence of private education providers.
BOSTON - Boston Mayor Martin Walsh is threatening to boycott the St. Patrick's Day parade unless organizers allow a group of gay military veterans to march, joining New York's mayor in protesting parade policies on gay groups.
NEW YORK - The New York Police Department unveiled new, "common-sense" training protocols aimed at improving relations with communities that feel alienated by the police stop-and-frisk practice.
CHICAGO - Mayors in Boston and New York are threatening to boycott St. Patrick's Day parades unless gay rights groups are allowed, but Chicago has no similar controversy.