- Runoffs will decide several top statewide races Updated: Mar-05-14 3:13 am
- Incumbents and conservatives win in Texas primary Updated: Mar-05-14 12:29 am
- Paxton, Branch advance to attorney general runoff Updated: Mar-04-14 10:33 pm
- AP Interview: Sen. Paxton hoping to emulate Cruz Updated: Feb-25-14 4:59 pm
- AP Interview: Branch touts legislative record Updated: Feb-22-14 12:41 pm
- Republican AG, comptroller hopefuls square off Updated: Feb-05-14 7:43 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A scramble to fill statewide offices in one of the biggest turnovers in Texas government history began with Tuesday's primary, but several of the key contests will require runoffs to decide a final winner.
AUSTIN, Texas - Republicans voted for tried-and-true incumbents and fire-breathing conservatives Tuesday during the Texas primary elections, while Democrats learned they still have a lot of building to do if they hope to compete in November.
AUSTIN, Texas - Before he mounted an upset U.S. Senate victory in the 2012 Republican primary, tea party darling Ted Cruz mulled running for Texas attorney general. Now, one of the three Republicans vying to become the state's next attorney general isn't being shy about billing himself as the second coming of Cruz.
GEORGETOWN, Texas - Long known as a powerful but pragmatic veteran of the state Legislature, Rep. Dan Branch insists he's not running to his right in hopes of prevailing in the cut-throat, three-Republican race for Texas attorney general.
AUSTIN, Texas - The three Republicans vying to become Texas' next attorney general all promised Wednesday to continue suing the federal government constantly - emulating the office's current occupant, Greg Abbott, and his 30-plus lawsuits against what he calls Washington's overreach.