- Pavelski's late goal gives Sharks 3-2 win over Predators Updated: May-02-16 12:12 am
SAN JOSE, California - The Nashville Predators frustrated Joe Pavelski and San Jose's top line for much of the night, forcing turnovers, blocking shots and limiting chances.
- Doughty, Karlsson, Burns finalists for Norris Trophy Updated: Apr-29-16 8:20 pm
NEW YORK - Los Angeles' Drew Doughty, Ottawa's Erik Karlsson and San Jose's Brent Burns are the finalists for the James Norris Memorial Trophy as the NHL's top defenseman.
- Sharks use depth to get past Kings in 1st round of playoffs Updated: Apr-23-16 2:02 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks proved they are much more than just Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski and a handful of other stars.
- Sharks blow 3-goal lead, but rally to eliminate Kings 6-3 Updated: Apr-23-16 2:24 am
LOS ANGELES - The Sharks had just blown a three-goal lead in a potential series-clinching playoff game. Staples Center rocked with the combined power of the Kings' rally and the looming specters of San Jose's postseason failures.
- Sharks score 3 power-play goals to beat Kings 3-2 in Game 4 Updated: Apr-21-16 2:19 am
SAN JOSE, California - Given another chance to win a playoff game with their power play, the San Jose Sharks did just that by getting goals instead of just generating chances.
- NHL's "Ironmen" ready to carry heavy load in playoffs Updated: Apr-13-16 12:24 pm
The real test of Kris Letang's relentless stamina doesn't come in the Pittsburgh Penguins dressing room after a long game. When he logs the kind of ice time that looks like a typo on the stat sheet, the big challenge comes the next morning, when his young son Alex hops into bed ready for dad to get up and play.
- Age-old question: Is Panarin too old to be NHL's top rookie? Updated: Apr-13-16 2:38 am
The NHL has once before made a significant change to its rookie of the year rules by establishing an age limit after 31-year-old Sergei Makarov won the Calder Trophy in 1990.
- Byfuglien scores late to give Jets 5-4 victory over Sharks Updated: Apr-08-16 2:06 am
SAN JOSE, California - Winnipeg coach Paul Maurice was in no mood to acknowledge the consolation of a season-best three-game winning streak with his team eliminated from the playoffs.