- Rosenthal call fails, Cardinals lose to Cubs in 11 Updated: Apr-12-14 2:12 am
- Reds beat Cardinals 4-0, avoid sweep Updated: Apr-09-14 5:43 pm
- MLB back with replays, metal detectors, comebacks Updated: Apr-01-14 2:43 am
- Castro back for spring finale, Cubs beat D'backs Updated: Mar-29-14 10:06 pm
- Hamilton doubles, Ibanez homers for Angels Updated: Mar-25-14 8:54 pm
- Cubs may not party much besides Wrigley's 100th Updated: Mar-25-14 7:47 pm
- Phillips, Bernadina power Reds past Cubs 8-3 Updated: Mar-22-14 9:27 pm
- Cano has 2 hits, Ramirez sharp as Mariners win Updated: Mar-20-14 9:03 pm
ST. LOUIS - Mike Matheny reasoned that Trevor Rosenthal had such an easy time in the 10th inning, throwing just six pitches, that even if the St. Louis Cardinals closer failed at the plate he'd still be around to mow down the Chicago Cubs' hitters.
ST. LOUIS - The pop fly cleared the infield by about 20-25 feet. Billy Hamilton's teammates have seen his legs in action, but figured he'd stay put at third.
Jimmy Rollins began the season with a slam, Neil Walker with a walkoff homer and the Washington Nationals with a thrilling ninth-inning comeback.
PHOENIX - Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro returned from a hamstring injury Saturday and played his first spring training game since March 2 in Chicago's 9-8 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks.
MESA, Arizona - Josh Hamilton doubled off the top wall, a call upheld by video review, and Raul Ibanez homered Tuesday as the Los Angeles Angels rallied for an 8-4 victory over a Chicago Cubs' split-squad.
CHICAGO - Wrigley Field is decked out for the party of a century.
MESA, Arizona - Brandon Phillips hit his third home run in four games and Roger Bernadina added to his big spring for Cincinnati, belting a three-run shot and driving in four runs to help the Reds defeat the Chicago Cubs 8-3 on Saturday.
MESA, Arizona - Robinson Cano had two more hits and Erasmo Ramirez pitched four-hit ball for six innings, enhancing his chances of earning a spot in the Mariners' rotation and helping Seattle beat the Chicago Cubs 3-0.