- MLK estate hires new lawyers in ownership dispute Updated: Apr-14-14 4:44 pm
- Belafonte keeping King documents in settlement Updated: Apr-11-14 5:12 pm
- Rosa Parks archives remain unsold in warehouse Updated: Apr-10-14 12:13 pm
- Judge disqualifies MLK estate lawyer from case Updated: Apr-07-14 1:18 pm
- The King Center weighs in on SD honor song dispute Updated: Apr-02-14 9:01 am
ATLANTA - The estate of Martin Luther King Jr. has hired a new legal team after a judge disqualified its lawyers from participating in a dispute over the ownership of King's Bible and Nobel Peace Prize.
WASHINGTON - Singer and activist Harry Belafonte will get to keep three of Martin Luther King's documents that the King estate had blocked him from selling.
NEW YORK - At a time when interest in civil rights memorabilia is rekindled, a lifetime's worth of Rosa Parks' belongings - among them her Presidential Medal of Freedom - sits in a New York warehouse, unseen and unsold.
ATLANTA - A judge has ruled that a lawyer for the estate of Martin Luther King Jr. cannot participate in a dispute over the ownership of King's Bible and Nobel Peace Prize.
CHAMBERLAIN, South Dakota - An organization started by the widow of slain civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. is supporting a yearslong effort to include a traditional Lakota honor song in the high school graduation ceremony in the southeastern South Dakota city of Chamberlain.