- Barbara Walters set to speak at Bay Path College Updated: Apr-25-14 3:34 am
- US unwilling to give up Mideast peace process yet Updated: Apr-24-14 6:25 pm
- WHITE HOUSE NOTEBOOK: Obama's robot summit Updated: Apr-24-14 7:40 am
- Republican activists push party on gay marriage Updated: Apr-23-14 2:07 am
- Govt must turn over info on CIA prisons to defense Updated: Apr-22-14 7:28 pm
- Eva Longoria produces film on Hispanic vote power Updated: Apr-21-14 8:37 pm
- NYC official questions oil firm's political giving Updated: Apr-21-14 5:01 pm
- Former EPA official: Fracking transparency vital Updated: Apr-20-14 6:55 pm
- Sharp Elbows in Republican primaries Updated: Apr-20-14 4:19 pm
- Democrat's retirement opens door for GOP in NC 7th Updated: Apr-20-14 11:37 am
- Ohio fund invests $50M in fund led by GOP bundler Updated: Apr-19-14 4:59 pm
- GOP gubernatorial candidates clash in debate Updated: Apr-19-14 3:19 pm
- Obama signs bill aimed at blocking Iran's UN envoy Updated: Apr-18-14 11:00 pm
- Protesters demonstrate at Rice U of Minn. speech Updated: Apr-17-14 9:43 pm
- Court upholds EPA emission standards Updated: Apr-15-14 4:08 pm
- Union fights push to hire private tax collectors Updated: Apr-15-14 3:22 pm
- Gillespie raises $2.2 million in Va. Senate bid Updated: Apr-15-14 11:32 am
- Fishing group founder expands marketing ventures Updated: Apr-14-14 6:01 pm
- Former US Attorney General Ashcroft to visit UMass Updated: Apr-12-14 9:37 am
- Longtime Wisconsin GOP Rep. Tom Petri to retire Updated: Apr-11-14 8:12 pm
- Mercyhurst U in Erie names program after Tom Ridge Updated: Apr-11-14 3:16 pm
- Shoe thrown at Hillary Clinton during speech Updated: Apr-11-14 11:07 am
- Shoe thrown at Hillary Clinton during speech Updated: Apr-11-14 12:04 am
- Obama marks 50th anniversary of Civil Rights Act Updated: Apr-10-14 7:41 pm
- Bush says education key to civil rights Updated: Apr-10-14 7:31 pm
BOSTON - Award-winning journalist Barbara Walters is heading to western Massachusetts to speak at an annual women's conference at Bay Path College.
WASHINGTON - The suspension of peace talks between Israel and Palestinians on Thursday delivered the harshest blow yet to Secretary of State John Kerry's ambitious, if perhaps quixotic, hope of ending the decades-long impasse at the cost of focusing on other crises around the world. But Kerry refused to accept defeat, saying "we will never give up our hope or our commitment for the possibilities" of Mideast peace.
TOKYO - The voice was slightly halting, childlike. "Welcome to Miraikan, Mr. President, it is a pleasure to meet you."
LAS VEGAS - As bans against gay marriage crumble and public opinion on the issue shifts rapidly, some Republicans are pushing the party to drop its opposition to same-sex unions, part of a broader campaign to get the GOP to appeal to younger voters by de-emphasizing social issues.
FORT MEADE, Maryland - Prosecutors must turn over never-revealed details about the time a Guantanamo Bay detainee spent in secret CIA prisons after his arrest in connection with the deadly attack on the USS Cole in Yemen, according to a military judge's order released Tuesday.
MIAMI - Actress Eva Longoria is producing a film that takes a hard look at why Latinos punch below their political weight.
ALBANY, New York - The New York City comptroller has asked a Texas oil company to explain why it has been connected to political donations that appear to have little to do with its energy business.
MIDDLETON, Wisconsin - Controversies over the fracking process may be inevitable, a former administrator with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency acknowledged recently, but Wisconsin can protect its place as the leading supplier of sand for the nation's fracking boom as long as the state has strong regulations, maintains maximum transparency and responds quickly to neighbors' concerns.
RICHMOND, Virginia - There's been no free path to potential victory for Barbara Comstock as she tries to win the Republican primary contest next Saturday for the 10th Congressional District in northern Virginia.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two years ago, Republican David Rouzer lost to Democratic U.S. Rep. Mike McIntyre by just 654 votes - a razor-thin margin of 0.2 percent among the nearly 337,000 ballots cast.
TOLEDO, Ohio - Ohio's government-run investment fund for injured workers has agreed to put $50 million into a Wisconsin-based real-estate investment fund run by a major bundler of campaign contributions to Republican presidential candidates.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican gubernatorial hopeful Asa Hutchinson called rival Curtis Coleman's vow to resist some deployments of the Arkansas National Guard "inflammatory rhetoric" as the two squared off in a debate on Saturday.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama signed legislation Friday aimed at blocking Iran's chosen ambassador to the United Nations because of his ties to the 1979 takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran. But the president says he's only treating the legislation as guidance.
MINNEAPOLIS - Protesters showed up at the University of Minnesota to demonstrate against a speech by former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
WASHINGTON - A federal appeals court on Tuesday upheld the Environmental Protection Agency's first emission standards for mercury and other hazardous air pollutants from coal- and oil-fired power plants.
WASHINGTON - A public employees union is fighting a bipartisan effort in Congress to force the Internal Revenue Service to hire private contractors to collect some delinquent taxes.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Republican Ed Gillespie's campaign announced Tuesday that it had raised $2.2 million in its bid to unseat U.S. Sen. Mark Warner, a sizable haul for a non-incumbent.
PINTLALA, Alabama - Decades after he sold the Bass Anglers Sportsman Society, founder Ray Scott still has plenty of big ideas about how to make money doing what he loves. And he still knows how to bait a hook.
AMHERST, Massachusetts - Former U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft is scheduled to speak at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, a year after another visiting Republican figure prompted protests at the liberal campus.
MILWAUKEE - U.S. Rep. Tom Petri announced Friday that he plans to retire, ending a 35-year career as a moderate Republican from east-central Wisconsin.
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Mercyhurst University is naming its intelligence studies program after Tom Ridge, the former Pennsylvania governor and U.S. homeland security secretary.
LAS VEGAS - Hillary Rodham Clinton ducked a thrown shoe, expressed surprise, cracked a couple of jokes that drew applause and continued her keynote speech on stage in front of a Las Vegas convention audience.
LAS VEGAS - A woman was taken into federal custody Thursday after throwing a shoe at Hillary Rodham Clinton as the former secretary of state began a Las Vegas convention keynote speech.
AUSTIN, Texas - A half-century after the passage of sweeping civil rights legislation, President Barack Obama declared that he had "lived out the promise" envisioned by Lyndon B. Johnson, the president who championed the push for greater racial equality.
AUSTIN, Texas - Former President George W. Bush has closed a three-day civil rights summit in Texas by saying education is the key for opportunity for poor and minority children and that he fears what he calls the 'soft bigotry' of low expectations is returning 50 years after the signing of the Civil Rights Act.