- Civil service change criticized within Walker administration Updated: May-01-16 5:10 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A memo within Gov. Scott Walker's administration criticized the overhaul of Wisconsin's civil service system that Walker and Republican lawmakers approved, public records show.
- Prosecutors ask US Supreme Court to reinstate Walker probe Updated: Apr-29-16 5:01 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Prosecutors looking to revive an investigation into Republican Gov. Scott Walker's recall campaign have asked the U.S. Supreme Court to vacate a state decision halting the probe.
- Walker starts looking for Prosser replacement on high court Updated: Apr-28-16 4:39 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has started searching for someone to finish out most of Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser's term.
- Big Bush and Rubio donors shun Cruz and Kasich, Updated: Apr-28-16 12:25 pm
WASHINGTON - It seems like a logical pairing: Republican donors who despise Donald Trump, and two GOP presidential rivals sticking it out to keep him from the nomination.
- The Latest: Cruz shoots an airball at 'basketball ring' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:15 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters head to the polls in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maryland (all times Eastern):
- Walker, Tommy Thompson among Wisconsin statewide delegates Updated: Apr-26-16 5:56 pm
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and former Gov. Tommy Thompson backed different Republican candidates for president but are both among the 18 at-large delegates who will represent the state at the national convention this summer in Cleveland.
- Walker may join Cruz on Indiana campaign trail Updated: Apr-25-16 10:30 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker says he may join Republican presidential hopeful Ted Cruz on the campaign trail in Indiana.
- Behold the stump speech, the daily grind of candidates Updated: Apr-22-16 12:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Day after day, the candidates for president wake up, brush their teeth and pump themselves up to say the same thing they did yesterday.
- Scott Walker reacts to Prince's death with 'Let's Go Crazy' Updated: Apr-21-16 3:11 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Scott Walker reacted to Prince's death by turning to the pop superstar's hit "Let's Go Crazy" to express himself on Twitter.
- Wisconsin's Walker says he'd back Trump as GOP nominee Updated: Apr-20-16 1:24 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says he would back Donald Trump as the Republican presidential nominee, even though he endorsed Ted Cruz.
- The Latest: Clinton picks up at least 135 delegates in NY Updated: Apr-20-16 12:08 am
NEW YORK - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in New York cast their ballots in the state's primary (all times Eastern Daylight Time):
- Walker shuffles top office communications staff Updated: Apr-19-16 4:23 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has shuffled his top communications staff in the governor's office, moves that come during a relatively slow period in the state Capitol before work on the next state budget begins in earnest.
- Wisconsin justices send lead paint case back to lower court Updated: Apr-15-16 2:52 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's Supreme Court justices said Friday that they are deadlocked on whether lawmakers improperly barred attorneys from using a legal theory supporting dozens of lead paint poisoning lawsuits and have asked a lower court to make a decision.
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Apr-13-16 1:43 pm
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, April 12
- Associated Press, Guardian among top Headliner Award winners Updated: Apr-13-16 2:02 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Associated Press, The Guardian US, Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting and Pittsburgh's WTAE-TV have won top honors as "best of show" winners in the 82nd National Headliner Awards.
- Walker calls talk of being Trump's running mate 'shocking' Updated: Apr-11-16 6:13 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says any talk of him being Donald Trump's running mate is shocking and breathtaking.
- Cruz builds support among GOP Jews as Trump skips event Updated: Apr-08-16 2:15 pm
LAS VEGAS - Ted Cruz has hundreds of influential Republican donors and Jewish leaders all to himself this weekend in Las Vegas as he addresses the Republican Jewish Coalition.
- Johnson, Walker to speak before Jewish leaders in Vegas Updated: Apr-08-16 11:33 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Sen. Ron Johnson and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker are both scheduled to speak at a weekend meeting in Las Vegas before hundreds of influential Republican donors and Jewish leaders.
- Bradley win adds another conservative vote to Supreme Court Updated: Apr-06-16 5:08 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - It might look like Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Rebecca Bradley's election victory translates to more of the same Republican-friendly rulings, but her big win could usher in a host of subtle changes on the high court.
- Baker to address GOP Jewish group in Las Vegas Updated: Apr-06-16 4:50 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker is headed to Las Vegas to speak at a weekend event that will feature several top conservative leaders and a controversial Texas minister.
- Wisconsin's Walker compares himself to Packers greats Updated: Apr-06-16 12:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker is feeling so good about the role he played in Ted Cruz's victory in Wisconsin that he's comparing himself to two of the greatest quarterbacks in Green Bay Packers' history.
- Wisconsin congressman: Voter ID law to help GOP in November Updated: Apr-06-16 12:38 pm
MILWAUKEE - Republican U.S. Rep. Glenn Grothman's comment to a Milwaukee TV station that Wisconsin's newly enacted voter ID law will "make a little bit of a difference" in helping the GOP in November has sparked retorts on social media.
- GOP surge helps carry Bradley to Wisconsin Supreme Court win Updated: Apr-06-16 10:00 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Powered by a surge in Republican turnout for the state's presidential primary, Rebecca Bradley pushed past heaps of negative publicity over her inflammatory college writings to defeat JoAnne Kloppenburg and win a 10-year term on the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
- In Wisconsin, it's Cruz and Sanders; Bradley wins full term Updated: Apr-06-16 1:08 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's most popular presidential primary in 36 years was one big party for Republican Ted Cruz and Democrat Bernie Sanders, who lived up to their billings as favorites in the state at the expense of front-runners Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.
- The Latest: Bradley beats Kloppenburg in Supreme Court race Updated: Apr-05-16 11:59 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Latest on the Wisconsin Supreme Court race between incumbent Justice Rebecca Bradley and state appellate Judge JoAnne Kloppenburg (all times local):