- Fewer hop on bus in Wisconsin after service cuts Updated: Mar-10-14 6:24 pm
- Tea party member Fisher seeks Mass. primary spot Updated: Mar-08-14 10:32 am
- Walker pushes back against Burke in first TV ad Updated: Mar-07-14 5:52 pm
- Illinois governor's race showcases union fears Updated: Mar-07-14 10:23 am
- Common Core bill appears dead in Wisconsin Senate Updated: Mar-06-14 8:07 pm
- Walker lobbies Kerry for Keystone XL pipeline Updated: Mar-06-14 5:53 pm
- Gov. Walker picked to lead Midwest governors group Updated: Mar-06-14 5:44 pm
- Democrat Burke releases first TV ad of campaign Updated: Mar-05-14 5:08 pm
- Wis. committee OKs sand mine bill opposed by towns Updated: Mar-05-14 4:37 pm
- Wisconsin Senate passes governor's tax cuts Updated: Mar-04-14 7:49 pm
- Report: Paroles of inmates plummet under Walker Updated: Mar-02-14 5:01 pm
- Wisconsin GOP moves gun bills but ignores checks Updated: Feb-27-14 6:38 pm
- Republican Governors criticize Burke over adviser Updated: Feb-25-14 5:56 pm
- Governors: 'Obamacare' here to stay Updated: Feb-23-14 8:27 pm
- Searching Walker emails is the rage in Wisconsin Updated: Feb-23-14 1:08 pm
- NJ's Christie keeps low profile as Dems attack Updated: Feb-22-14 4:33 pm
- Emails pose problem for Wisconsin governor Updated: Feb-21-14 4:36 pm
- Wis. Assembly approves delaying phosphorus rules Updated: Feb-20-14 8:56 pm
- More confusion over Wis. school accountability Updated: Feb-20-14 2:08 pm
- Lawmakers close in on Walker tax cut agreement Updated: Feb-18-14 1:46 pm
- Former Wis. speaker Jensen taking more active role Updated: Feb-14-14 4:39 pm
- Minn. GOP hopefuls split over next step on MNsure Updated: Feb-14-14 3:50 pm
- Menominee leader criticizes Wis. school mascot law Updated: Feb-13-14 8:04 pm
- Walker administration launches tax reform website Updated: Feb-12-14 5:04 am
- Burke: It's too soon to spend Wisconsin surplus Updated: Feb-10-14 6:43 pm
MILWAUKEE - Cuts to bus services and a lack of commuter and light rail have kept public transportation from catching on in Wisconsin as it has in many other parts of the nation, transportation officials and advocates said Monday.
BOSTON - Mark Fisher makes no apologies for being a tea party member or for his belief in a minimalist government even while running for office in a state where many Republicans prefer to stay closer to the political center.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker's campaign demanded Friday that Democratic challenger Mary Burke's first campaign television ad be taken off the air, insisting it falsely claims that unemployment went up since Walker took office.
CHICAGO - When superrich Republican Bruce Rauner decided to run for governor of Illinois, it was clear this wouldn't be the kind of race the state was accustomed to. Rauner, who made his fortune as a venture capitalist, was new to campaigning and bragged of being beholden to no one. He came out swinging at entrenched special interests and "government union bosses" with an intensity not seen before.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A bill that would give the Legislature power to write and approve Wisconsin's academic standards is unlikely to pass in its current form, the leader of the state Senate said Thursday as hundreds of teachers, school administrators and business leaders converged on the Capitol to oppose it.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is sending another letter in support of the proposed Keystone XL pipeline that would deliver oil from Canada to refineries along the Gulf Coast.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says he plans to focus on propane issues as the new chair of the Midwestern Governor's Association.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democrat Mary Burke's first television ad in the race against Republican Gov. Scott Walker will begin airing in multiple markets Friday, touting her background with bicycle maker Trek while also attacking Walker's record on jobs.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Senate's mining committee approved a Republican bill Wednesday that would prohibit local governments from creating new sand mine regulations, but it's unclear whether the measure will go any further.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Republicans moved closer to making Gov. Scott Walker's plan to use the state's surplus to cover $504 million in tax cuts reality Tuesday, pushing the measure through the state Senate despite Democrats' complaints the proposal is just a token election-year ploy.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The number of inmates being granted release from prison by the Wisconsin Parole Commission has plummeted under Gov. Scott Walker, according to a report published Sunday.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Republicans moved ahead with narrow bills to streamline gun seizures in domestic abuse cases Thursday. Minority Democrats, though, demanded the GOP go bigger and impose universal background checks.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Republican Governors Association said Tuesday that Democrat Mary Burke's comments criticizing Gov. Scott Walker on the issue of campaigning while on state time can't be taken seriously because an adviser on her staff was convicted of illegal campaign work.
WASHINGTON - The explosive politics of health care have divided the nation, but America's governors, Republicans and Democrats alike, suggest that President Barack Obama's health care overhaul is here to stay.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Political operatives from across the spectrum are scouring the thousands of emails exchanged by Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's campaign staff and those who worked for him when he was Milwaukee County executive, trying to find items they can use to attack or defend the state's most polarizing figure.
WASHINGTON - Moving cautiously to repair his image, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is maintaining a low profile this weekend as the nation's governors gather in Washington.
MADISON, Wisconsin - For two years, Republican Gov. Scott Walker, who became a national conservative hero after his confrontation with public employee unions in Wisconsin, has insisted that he didn't know that some of his aides were improperly doing political work on government time when he was the top official in Milwaukee County.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wastewater plants, paper mills and food processors could take up to two decades to comply with Wisconsin's phosphorus discharge limits under a bill approved Thursday in the state Assembly
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republicans who control the Wisconsin Legislature still can't agree on how far to go with a school accountability bill, canceling an Assembly committee vote at the last minute Thursday as wrangling behind the scenes continues.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republicans who control the state Legislature are close to a deal that will lead to passage of Gov. Scott Walker's $504 million income and property tax package next month, Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald said Tuesday.
MADISON, Wisconsin - In a hearing room two floors above the state Assembly chamber where he was once its most powerful member, one of the most influential and divisive figures in Wisconsin political history took another step toward his return to public life this week with five simple words.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - All of the Republicans seeking to oust Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton regard Minnesota's problem-ridden health insurance exchange as an unmitigated disaster, but they differ on what they would do about it if they were elected.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Menominee Nation's new chairwoman gently criticized Wisconsin's new school mascot law in an address before legislators Thursday, saying the changes will damage native children.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin residents can submit their tax reform ideas under a new website created by Gov. Scott Walker's administration.
MILWAUKEE - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke accused Republican Gov. Scott Walker on Monday of being too quick to spend a projected state surplus, expressing concern that the money would not actually materialize.