- Egypt's el-Sissi says security at airports being revised Updated: Nov-19-15 1:11 pm
CAIRO - Egypt's president said Thursday that his country has taken several steps to boost security at ports of entry following the Oct. 31 crash of a Russian airliner and vowed to not stop until all security loopholes are closed.
- Palestinian official: Gaza border deal reached with Egypt Updated: Nov-16-15 2:46 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - A senior Palestinian official on Monday said the Palestinian Authority has reached an agreement with Egypt to reopen the Gaza Strip's main border crossing in an arrangement meant to bypass the territory's Hamas rulers.
- Egypt's woes erode el-Sissi's image of invincibility Updated: Nov-14-15 7:34 am
CAIRO - The criticism was blunt - and startling, since it came from a TV presenter on a state-owned station that, like most other media in Egypt, usually has nothing but praise for Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, the country's general-turned-president.
- In Egypt, angry talk of Western conspiracy over plane crash Updated: Nov-10-15 5:36 am
CAIRO - Egyptian media have reacted with fury as Britain and the United States increasingly point to a bomb as the cause of the Oct. 31 Russian plane crash in Sinai, with many outlets hammering home the same message: Egypt is facing a Western conspiracy that seeks to scare off tourists and destroy the country's economy.
- Egypt police say they've killed senior IS militant in Cairo Updated: Nov-09-15 11:05 am
CAIRO - Egyptian police have killed a top commander of a local Islamic State affiliate in a Cairo raid, the Interior Ministry said Monday.
- Rights group: Egypt has prevented scores from travelling Updated: Nov-01-15 9:57 am
CAIRO - Egypt has unlawfully prevented "scores" of people from leaving the country over the past year, U.S. based-Human Rights Watch said in a new report released Sunday.
- Egyptians trickle to polls in parliamentary runoffs Updated: Oct-27-15 1:19 pm
CAIRO - Egyptians trickled to the polls Tuesday in just over half of the country's 27 provinces in parliamentary runoffs that are part of an election process dubbed as the final transition to democratic rule but that apparently failed to inspire voters.