- Democrats clock all-nighter with climate talk Updated: Mar-11-14 11:21 am
- Iowa GOP chairman surprises with plan to resign Updated: Mar-09-14 5:04 pm
- KY Sen. Paul to keynote Ohio county GOP dinner Updated: Mar-06-14 6:13 pm
- NC Senate candidates talks up endorsement, ad buy Updated: Mar-06-14 5:06 pm
- Tea party ready for fight with GOP establishment Updated: Feb-28-14 6:42 pm
- Sen. Cruz won't endorse Cornyn in Texas GOP race Updated: Feb-27-14 5:01 pm
- Bill Clinton takes 2014 surrogate role, helps Dems Updated: Feb-24-14 5:56 pm
- Nugent backlash reveals rare misstep for Texas GOP Updated: Feb-21-14 5:24 pm
- Abbott: Nugent 'rightly apologized' for Obama slur Updated: Feb-21-14 3:54 pm
- Nugent apologizes for 'subhuman mongrel' remark Updated: Feb-21-14 2:01 pm
- Ohio voters pick Clinton over Kasich for president Updated: Feb-20-14 10:51 am
- Senate OKs revised felons' voting rights bill Updated: Feb-19-14 7:19 pm
- Brannon files at North Carolina election board Updated: Feb-19-14 6:49 pm
- NSA surveillance exposes political party divisions Updated: Feb-18-14 11:48 am
- Paul: Bevin's credibility hurt by bailout issue Updated: Feb-17-14 4:50 pm
- Ky. ag commissioner reveals 5 pilot hemp projects Updated: Feb-17-14 3:08 pm
- Ron Paul starts Snowden clemency petition Updated: Feb-14-14 10:53 am
- Sen. Rand Paul sues Obama over NSA surveillance Updated: Feb-12-14 4:30 pm
- Holder, Rand Paul discuss criminal justice changes Updated: Feb-12-14 4:08 pm
- AG urges restoring voting rights to ex-inmates Updated: Feb-11-14 6:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic senators clocked an all-nighter, working in shifts into Tuesday morning to warn of devastation from climate change and the danger of inaction.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The chairman of Iowa's Republican Party will step down later this month once a replacement can be chosen.
CINCINNATI - Potential 2016 presidential candidate Rand Paul of Kentucky will be the keynote speaker for a major southwest Ohio Republican banquet, a GOP official announced Thursday.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Republican U.S. Senate candidate Greg Brannon touted a new endorsement Thursday, while rival Thom Tillis announced a $1.1 million television ad.
WASHINGTON - Tea partyers insist they're not to blame for Republican election losses in congressional and presidential elections, faulting the GOP establishment for showing little fight.
WASHINGTON - The sniping between establishment Republicans and tea partyers resumed Thursday as Texas Sen. Ted Cruz refused to endorse his state's senior senator in next week's Republican primary.
WASHINGTON - Bill Clinton, popular in territory unfriendly to President Barack Obama, is reprising his role as a super-surrogate for Democrats battling to keep their Senate majority and win other races. In the long run, Clinton could pick up political chits for his wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton, should she run for president in 2016.
AUSTIN, Texas - Mitt Romney rallied with Kid Rock and President George W. Bush had a fan in Alice Cooper. But a Ted Nugent encore in the Texas governor's race is growing unlikely after blowback from Republican Greg Abbott's embrace of the ultimate shock rocker.
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican Attorney General Greg Abbott says Ted Nugent "rightly apologized" for degrading comments that resurfaced after welcoming the polarizing rocker to his campaign for Texas governor.
AUSTIN, Texas - Ted Nugent has apologized for calling President Barack Obama a "subhuman mongrel," attempting to defuse a political flap engulfing Texas' governor's race.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) is among prospective Republican challengers lagging Democrat Hillary Clinton in an independent poll of prospective 2016 presidential matchups.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A proposed constitutional amendment aimed at restoring the voting rights of some felons cleared the Kentucky Senate on Wednesday after being rewritten to include a five-year waiting period.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina U.S. Senate hopeful Greg Brannon has officially filed his paperwork to enter the race for the Republican nomination.
WASHINGTON - The debate roiling the U.S. political landscape about whether to continue the dragnet surveillance of Americans' phone records is highlighting divisions within the Democratic and Republican parties, creating splits in each party that could have consequences ahead of the 2014 congressional elections and the 2016 presidential contest.
LEBURN, Kentucky - Republican Senate challenger Matt Bevin's credibility was damaged by revelations he praised the 2008 federal bank bailout years before turning it into a campaign issue, railing against Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell for voting for it, Sen. Rand Paul said Monday.
LEBURN, Kentucky - Industrial hemp's comeback in Kentucky will start with at least five pilot projects to gauge the potential of the versatile crop that flourished until marijuana was banned decades ago, the state's top agriculture official said Monday.
WASHINGTON - Former GOP congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul has started a petition drive to pressure the Obama administration to grant clemency to former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden, who is charged with espionage over leaks about the government's surveillance programs.
WASHINGTON - Sen. Rand Paul, a possible Republican presidential candidate, sued the Obama administration Wednesday over the National Security Agency's mass collection of millions of Americans' phone records.
WASHINGTON - Over lunch at the Justice Department, Attorney General Eric Holder and Sen. Rand Paul discussed changes in criminal sentencing and restoring voting rights to ex-felons, a pair of issues the Democratic attorney general and the Republican senator regard as vital to improving the criminal justice system.
WASHINGTON - Attorney General Eric Holder called on a group of states Tuesday to restore voting rights to ex-felons, part of a push to fix what he sees as flaws in the criminal justice system that have a disparate impact on racial minorities.