- Senate adopts GOP budget targeting 'Obamacare' Updated: May-05-15 8:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Tuesday adopted a GOP budget that paves the way for an assault on President Barack Obama's health care law this summer and a partisan showdown over spending bills this fall.
- McConnell, Paul introduce tax code change for bourbon makers Updated: May-05-15 6:04 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky's two U.S. senators have introduced legislation they say will level the playing field for American bourbon and whiskey producers.
- Snyder rules out Cabinet position in reaction to speculation Updated: May-04-15 5:18 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder said Monday he is not angling for a Cabinet position, despite speculation that could be the case as he travels around the country promoting Michigan's rebound.
- Walker promotes tax cuts before Michigan vote Updated: May-04-15 4:46 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Republican presidential contender Scott Walker on Monday touted tax cuts to boost the U.S. economy, a day before Michigan voters decide the fate of tax hikes to improve deteriorating road and bridge infrastructure.
- Former tech executive Carly Fiorina enters presidential race Updated: May-04-15 7:37 am
WASHINGTON - Former technology executive Carly Fiorina says she is running for president.
- In Congress, income inequality fact of life for food servers Updated: May-04-15 3:38 am
WASHINGTON - Income inequality is more than a political sound bite to workers in the Capitol. It's their life.
- With Walker a 2016 GOP force, Kasich and Snyder ponder runs Updated: May-04-15 3:36 am
WASHINGTON - Wisconsin's Scott Walker has emerged as a force in the 2016 White House contest. It's a position two other Republican governors from the Midwest, lesser known but similarly ambitious, undoubtedly would like to be in.
- Poverty edging into 2016 presidential race amid city unrest Updated: May-04-15 3:31 am
WASHINGTON - In a presidential campaign where candidates are jockeying to be champions of the middle class and asking wealthy people for money, the problems facing the poor are inching into the debate.
- The Latest: Flay fires up winner in Derby undercard race Updated: May-02-15 3:00 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - 2:38 p.m.
- AP-GfK Poll: Favorable views of Clinton top her GOP rivals Updated: May-02-15 3:17 am
WASHINGTON - Americans are more likely to have a favorable view of Hillary Rodham Clinton than any of her potential Republican rivals in 2016's race for the presidency, even though few see the former secretary of state as honest, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll.
- Obama declares disaster from severe Kentucky storms Updated: May-01-15 7:11 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - President Barack Obama has declared a major disaster in parts of Kentucky affected by severe winter storms.
- US Sen. Rand Paul to visit Grand Rapids next week Updated: Apr-30-15 2:31 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Republican presidential contender Rand Paul will make a campaign stop next week in Grand Rapids.
- Recent editorials published in Iowa newspapers Updated: Apr-27-15 10:04 am
Quad-City Times. April 24, 2015.
- Iowans hear from GOP field on social issues Updated: Apr-26-15 8:10 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - For conservative Christian voters, the 2016 presidential race has almost too many options to take in.
- Obama turns 2016 hopefuls into comic fodder for media dinner Updated: Apr-26-15 5:06 am
WASHINGTON - A presidential election just getting into gear provided President Barack Obama plenty of new material to work with on the night he describes as Washington celebrating itself.
- The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Iowans see a bumper crop Updated: Apr-25-15 10:48 pm
9 p.m. CDT (10 p.m. EDT)
- Jeb Bush in NY: Income inequality not holding Americans back Updated: Apr-23-15 12:41 pm
NEW YORK - Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, speaking after a Republican breakfast Thursday, said economic inequality is not what is holding Americans back.
- Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP White House hopefuls Updated: Apr-23-15 11:41 am
NEW YORK - For Democratic politicians, same-sex marriage has become an easy issue: They're for it. Many Republican VIPs - notably the presidential hopefuls - face a far more complicated landscape.
- New Hampshire's voters relish wide-open 2016 GOP field Updated: Apr-20-15 3:14 am
NASHUA, New Hampshire - For New Hampshire Republicans, the early days of the 2016 presidential campaign feel like an embarrassment of riches.
- Ohio governor getting "more serious" about presidential bid Updated: Apr-19-15 11:44 am
CINCINNATI - Ohio Gov. John Kasich said Sunday he's getting "more and more serious" about jumping into the 2016 presidential race, a contest in which he said he would be the most experienced candidate.
- Kelley Paul plans quiet role in husband Rand's 2016 campaign Updated: Apr-16-15 3:35 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Kelley Paul says she'll use her background as a political consultant to provide behind-the-scenes support to husband Rand's 2016 Republican presidential bid.
- Super PAC formed to help Wisconsin's Walker in '16 campaign Updated: Apr-16-15 10:52 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Scott Walker's expected campaign for the White House got a boost Thursday as his former campaign managers formed a political group able to raise and spend unlimited amounts of money.
- Ohio governor: 'Seriously considering' GOP presidential bid Updated: Apr-13-15 5:32 pm
DETROIT - Ohio Gov. John Kasich told business leaders in Detroit on Monday that that he was "seriously considering" a race for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination but isn't setting a timetable for a decision.
- John Legend launches campaign to end mass incarceration Updated: Apr-13-15 8:38 am
NEW YORK - John Legend has launched a campaign to end mass incarceration.
- Paul to begin airing TV ads in Nevada, 3 other states Updated: Apr-12-15 9:37 pm
RENO, Nevada - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul will begin running TV ads against Hillary Rodham Clinton in Nevada and three other states on Monday.