- Key support for budget deal; deficits would rise Updated: Dec-11-13 5:13 pm
- Weather postpones Rand Paul visit to Arkansas Updated: Dec-06-13 9:11 am
- Christie: Early front-runner status 'meaningless' Updated: Dec-02-13 6:25 pm
- Trump is coming to New Orleans Updated: Dec-02-13 4:11 am
- 90-year-old Gurley Martin files for US Senate Updated: Nov-29-13 3:49 am
- GE Hitachi, Energy Dept. in talks over Ky. uranium Updated: Nov-27-13 3:02 pm
- Ky. officials again approach DEA on hemp issue Updated: Nov-27-13 10:56 am
- Poll: Udall vulnerable next year in Senate race Updated: Nov-20-13 11:09 am
- Ky. provides power players to Washington politics Updated: Nov-19-13 2:41 pm
- Basu: Senators unite to try to protect military women from... Updated: Nov-19-13 9:22 am
- Senators argue against plan on military assault Updated: Nov-18-13 2:13 pm
- Paul calls Bevin 'good, honest, Christian man' Updated: Nov-15-13 4:27 pm
- Rubio seeks to reconnect with the right Updated: Nov-15-13 3:49 pm
- Idaho GOP to keep 2014 state convention in Moscow Updated: Nov-14-13 12:19 pm
- Rand Paul criticizes Hillary Clinton on Benghazi Updated: Nov-12-13 6:55 pm
WASHINGTON - A newly minted budget deal to avert future government shutdowns gained important ground Wednesday among House Republicans who are more accustomed to brinkmanship than compromise, even though it would nudge federal deficits higher three years in a row.
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - U.S. Sen. Rand Paul's planned visit to Arkansas has been postponed because of the wintry weather.
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he doesn't think much about his status as front-runner for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.
NEW ORLEANS - The Donald is coming to New Orleans.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Ninety-year-old Gurley Martin has filed candidacy papers to run for U.S. Senate in Kentucky.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The U.S. Department of Energy said Wednesday that it is entering negotiations with General Electric's nuclear division on a proposal to replace an aging uranium enrichment plant in Kentucky with a new facility.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Persistent Kentucky officials have again approached the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration about growing industrial hemp in the state.
DENVER - Democratic Sen. Mark Udall of Colorado may not cruise to re-election next year, according to a poll released Tuesday that suggested a clear undercurrent of dissatisfaction among Colorado voters.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - For a state that has statues of native sons Abraham Lincoln and Jefferson Davis in its Capitol, Kentucky has been perceived as a political backwater for decades, nearly invisible on the national stage.
In these hyper-partisan times, with red and blue at odds over health care, taxes, regulations, the environment, marriage - and just about everything else - some U.S. senators are crossing party lines to address the epidemic of sexual assault in the military.
WASHINGTON - Senate opponents of stripping military commanders of the authority to prosecute serious crimes such as rape and sexual assault said Monday that the proposal could make it worse for victims.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Tea party darling Rand Paul endorsed Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell long ago, but that didn't stop him Friday from sharing kind words about McConnell's GOP primary challenger, Louisville businessman Matt Bevin.
MIAMI - Stung by conservative backlash earlier this year, Marco Rubio has spent months seemingly trying to convince skeptical fellow Republicans that he's more than just the Florida senator who championed comprehensive immigration reform.
MOSCOW, Idaho - Idaho Republican Party leaders have decided to stick with their plans to gather in Moscow and the University of Idaho campus in June for the 2014 state convention.