- Rand Paul closes Western states campaign swing in Utah Updated: Aug-29-15 8:01 pm
OREM, Utah - Rand Paul trumpeted his message of less intrusive government to supporters in Utah on Saturday, the last day of a five-state Western campaign swing.
- Federal power, spending focus of Rand Paul rally in Cheyenne Updated: Aug-28-15 6:56 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The federal government needs to do away with warrantless domestic wiretapping in pursuit of terrorism, Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul said at a campaign rally Friday.
- Feds win fight for access to indicted Paul aide's Gmail Updated: Aug-28-15 2:36 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Federal prosecutors are prevailing in their yearlong fight to access the emails of a once-powerful Republican consultant from Google Inc.
- Utah rally Saturday for GOP presidential candidate Rand Paul Updated: Aug-28-15 5:10 am
OREM, Utah - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul is scheduled to be in Utah on Friday and Saturday for campaign events.
- Rand Paul stops in Boise along Western campaign tour Updated: Aug-27-15 6:31 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Republican presidential hopeful Rand Paul stopped in Boise as part of his Western tour to rally support and attract voters in a red-dominated state that is likely to have its pick of candidates during the GOP primary election.
- Tim Scott hosting Rick Perry at town hall in Columbia Updated: Aug-27-15 4:06 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Rick Perry is the latest Republican presidential candidate to take part in a town hall meeting with South Carolina's junior senator.
- Rand Paul is 6th candidate planning to attend Michigan event Updated: Aug-25-15 9:15 am
MACKINAC ISLAND, Michigan - Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is scheduled to speak next month at a Republican gathering in Michigan.
- Kentucky GOP OKs caucus; allows Rand Paul to seek 2 offices Updated: Aug-22-15 4:56 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky Republican Party has agreed to hold a presidential caucus for Rand Paul - but only if he shows them the money.
- In Kentucky, an early vote on Paul's presidential campaign Updated: Aug-22-15 2:58 am
LONDON, Kentucky - Kentucky Republicans will gather in the state's capital on Saturday for essentially a vote of confidence in Rand Paul's presidential campaign.
- Paul, Bevin campaigns converge in central Kentucky Updated: Aug-21-15 8:27 pm
SOMERSET, Kentucky - Rand Paul and Matt Bevin were both little known businessmen with big political ambitions who decided to take on U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell.
- Bush talks tax-cutting in speech to tea party group Updated: Aug-21-15 3:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush is highlighting his experience cutting taxes and overhauling Florida's education system in an appeal to tea party conservatives.
- Top South Carolina prosecutor hosting presidential hopefuls Updated: Aug-20-15 3:15 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's top prosecutor is taking part in a series of conversations with more than a dozen of the contenders seeking the Republican presidential nomination.
- Bush family donors gave half of Jeb Bush's presidential cash Updated: Aug-19-15 10:44 am
WASHINGTON - Jeb Bush's fundraising network is two generations in the making, and it shows.
- GOP hopeful Scott Walker offers health plan with tax credits Updated: Aug-18-15 2:28 pm
BROOKLYN CENTER, Minnesota - Republican presidential candidate Scott Walker on Tuesday offered an alternative to President Barack Obama's health care law that would provide tax credits and restructure Medicaid, and took a swipe at GOP rivals in Congress for their inability to repeal the law.
- Paul says he'll pay for GOP presidential caucus in Kentucky Updated: Aug-17-15 3:31 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Republican Rand Paul says he has contributed $250,000 and pledged another $200,000 to pay for a proposed GOP presidential caucus in his home state of Kentucky next year.
- 2016 hopefuls hit the gym, try to skip pie on campaign trail Updated: Aug-17-15 3:44 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Scott Walker is counting steps on his FitBit. Jeb Bush swears by the Paleo diet. Bobby Jindal is a "gym rat."
- Rubio to address Detroit Economic Club next week Updated: Aug-12-15 5:18 pm
DETROIT - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio will address the Detroit Economic Club next week.
- State treasurer to seek Louisville judge seat Updated: Aug-11-15 5:28 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democratic state Treasurer Todd Hollenbach was the odd man out of statewide elections this year, unable to seek re-election because of term limits while some of the biggest names in Kentucky politics are campaigning for governor and attorney general.
- Trump bombast overshadows GOP challenges with women Updated: Aug-11-15 5:21 pm
WASHINGTON - When Jeb Bush said he wasn't sure the country needs to spend "a half billion dollars for women's health issues," many viewed the remark as a gaffe and the Republican candidate for president rushed to clean it up.
- New step in Trump's feud with Fox News; Clinton weighs in Updated: Aug-10-15 10:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump's turbulent relationship with Fox News showed signs of improvement Monday even as Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton seized on the billionaire businessman's clash with the network to cast his Republican rivals as being bad for women.
- Constitutional convention sparking buzz, but odds still long Updated: Aug-10-15 12:32 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - With Republicans controlling more than half the state legislatures across the country, some want to use that power to push for a federal spending limit through a mechanism unused since George Washington's day.
- New Hampshire voters assess GOP presidential hopefuls Updated: Aug-08-15 9:28 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A trio of televised events in the past week corralled the large and unruly field of Republican presidential hopefuls but brought little clarity to a cluttered field, even in a state that for months has been lavished with attention from candidates.
- Debate shatters Fox News ratings record, Trump feels heat Updated: Aug-07-15 4:59 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump always boasted about his ratings for "Celebrity Apprentice." Now he can say the same thing about his first presidential debate, even if he didn't like the show very much.
- Indictment reverberates in national, Kentucky campaigns Updated: Aug-06-15 3:16 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Republican strategist Jesse Benton's indictment on charges of conspiring to buy support for Ron Paul's 2012 presidential campaign is reverberating from Kentucky to the current campaign for the White House.
- New Hampshire supporters plan debate watching parties Updated: Aug-06-15 4:06 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - While the top Republican presidential candidates are gathered on the debate stage in Cleveland, their New Hampshire supporters will gather across the first primary state to cheer on their chosen candidates.