- Senate clears White House-backed trade bill Updated: May-23-15 4:33 am
WASHINGTON - In a victory for President Barack Obama, the Senate passed bipartisan legislation Friday night to strengthen the administration's hand in global trade talks, clearing the way for a highly unpredictable summer showdown in the House.
- AFL-CIO president: Bad trade deal is worse than no deal Updated: May-18-15 10:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The head of the largest U.S. trade union federation said Monday that a bad deal is worse than no deal, and he urged Congress not to support fast-track legislation that would let President Barack Obama present Congress with proposed trade agreements that lawmakers can ratify or reject, but not amend.
- House GOP plans 2-month extension of highway funds Updated: May-15-15 6:37 pm
WASHINGTON - House Republicans introduced a two-month extension of the federal highway and mass transit program Friday, barely two weeks before the government's authority to help finance projects around the country expires.
- Wyden zips among issues, colleagues, re-election bid Updated: May-15-15 8:53 am
WASHINGTON - Running flat out for a new term at home and tiptoeing through tough issues in the Capitol, Ron Wyden brags that he's "different, like Oregon."
- As Obama visits, Oregon delegation divided on trade Updated: May-07-15 11:39 am
SALEM, Oregon - President Barack Obama's trip to Oregon Thursday and Friday will highlight trade, an issue that has divided the Democrats in Oregon's congressional delegation.
- GAO: Gov't waste of natural gas costing taxpayers millions Updated: May-06-15 6:12 pm
WASHINGTON - Significant amounts of natural gas on federal lands are being wasted, costing taxpayers tens of millions of dollars each year and adding to harmful greenhouse gas emissions, a congressional investigation has found.
- Fee proposed on rail cars that haul oil, other flammables Updated: Apr-30-15 6:15 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. senators from six states on Thursday proposed that the government charge companies a special fee to ship oil, ethanol and other flammable liquids in older railroad tank cars that have been involved in fiery explosions.
- Obama to talk trade in visit to Oregon, Nike Updated: Apr-30-15 5:28 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - President Barack Obama will campaign for free trade legislation during his Oregon trip next week.
- To salvage Klamath deal, tribes look to national forest Updated: Apr-27-15 4:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A failed land deal that would have returned part of the former Klamath Indian Reservation to the Klamath Tribes has tribal leaders now eyeing the Fremont-Winema National Forest.
- Murray, mom in tennis shoes in '92, stands her ground Updated: Apr-27-15 1:08 pm
WASHINGTON - There's a disturbance in the force of the tradition-bound Senate and her name is Patty Murray.