- AFL-CIO president: Bad trade deal is worse than no deal Updated: May-18-15 10:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The head of the largest U.S. trade union federation said Monday that a bad deal is worse than no deal, and he urged Congress not to support fast-track legislation that would let President Barack Obama present Congress with proposed trade agreements that lawmakers can ratify or reject, but not amend.
- House GOP plans 2-month extension of highway funds Updated: May-15-15 6:37 pm
WASHINGTON - House Republicans introduced a two-month extension of the federal highway and mass transit program Friday, barely two weeks before the government's authority to help finance projects around the country expires.
- Wyden zips among issues, colleagues, re-election bid Updated: May-15-15 8:53 am
WASHINGTON - Running flat out for a new term at home and tiptoeing through tough issues in the Capitol, Ron Wyden brags that he's "different, like Oregon."
- As Obama visits, Oregon delegation divided on trade Updated: May-07-15 11:39 am
SALEM, Oregon - President Barack Obama's trip to Oregon Thursday and Friday will highlight trade, an issue that has divided the Democrats in Oregon's congressional delegation.
- GAO: Gov't waste of natural gas costing taxpayers millions Updated: May-06-15 6:12 pm
WASHINGTON - Significant amounts of natural gas on federal lands are being wasted, costing taxpayers tens of millions of dollars each year and adding to harmful greenhouse gas emissions, a congressional investigation has found.
- Fee proposed on rail cars that haul oil, other flammables Updated: Apr-30-15 6:15 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. senators from six states on Thursday proposed that the government charge companies a special fee to ship oil, ethanol and other flammable liquids in older railroad tank cars that have been involved in fiery explosions.
- Obama to talk trade in visit to Oregon, Nike Updated: Apr-30-15 5:28 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - President Barack Obama will campaign for free trade legislation during his Oregon trip next week.
- To salvage Klamath deal, tribes look to national forest Updated: Apr-27-15 4:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A failed land deal that would have returned part of the former Klamath Indian Reservation to the Klamath Tribes has tribal leaders now eyeing the Fremont-Winema National Forest.
- Murray, mom in tennis shoes in '92, stands her ground Updated: Apr-27-15 1:08 pm
WASHINGTON - There's a disturbance in the force of the tradition-bound Senate and her name is Patty Murray.
- Privacy advocates seek more openness on NSA surveillance Updated: Apr-22-15 2:01 pm
WASHINGTON - As Congress considers whether to extend the life of a program that sweeps up American phone records, privacy advocates and civil liberties groups say too much about government surveillance remains secret for the public to fully evaluate its reach or effectiveness.
- Connecticut Democrats face tough choice opposing trade deal Updated: Apr-22-15 1:18 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Rep. Rosa DeLauro, a liberal stalwart from New Haven, finds herself in an unusual spot: She's fiercely opposed to President Barack Obama on a key issue.