- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies Updated: Apr-17-14 12:46 pm
- DiNapoli rejects test of public campaign financing Updated: Apr-07-14 4:11 pm
- Advocates criticizing NY public finance proposal Updated: Mar-30-14 9:41 pm
- NYC mayor voices support for Dream Act in Albany Updated: Mar-22-14 3:55 pm
- NY auditors say storm equipment unaccounted for Updated: Mar-21-14 11:55 am
NEW YORK - Basil Paterson, a longtime New York political powerhouse and the father of former Gov. David Paterson, has died, his family said Thursday. He was 87.
ALBANY, New York - Incumbent New York Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli has rejected public campaign financing for his fall re-election bid, although any opponents can still use it.
ALBANY, New York - Good-government advocates are criticizing Gov. Andrew Cuomo and New York's legislative leaders for a budget agreement to test public campaign financing with the state comptroller race this year.
ALBANY, New York - A bill that would open state financial aid to students in the country illegally appeared dead following a narrow defeat in the Legislature, but growing support for New York's Dream Act has given advocates and lawmakers renewed hope it could be included in the final state budget.
ALBANY, New York - Nearly half of the $1.2 million in equipment purchased by the state to keep polling stations open after Superstorm Sandy wasn't received, recovered later or disposed of properly, New York auditors reported Friday.