- Managers support pitchers getting better grip on balls Updated: May-26-15 7:31 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees manager Joe Girardi thinks Major League Baseball should avoid the sticky situation of pitchers being caught using foreign substances to get better grips on the ball by providing the tacky stuff for them.
- Orioles pitcher Brian Matusz suspended 8 games, appeals Updated: May-25-15 1:49 pm
BALTIMORE - Orioles left-hander Brian Matusz was suspended for eight games by Major League Baseball on Monday for having a foreign substance on his arm during a game in Miami.
- Awaiting ruling, Matusz pitches in Orioles' loss to Miami Updated: May-24-15 6:18 pm
MIAMI - For a lefty in limbo, Brian Matusz pitched well Sunday.
- Orioles reliever leaves game after umps inspect his forearm Updated: May-24-15 12:54 am
MIAMI - The Baltimore Orioles' bullpen was already stretched thin in the 12th inning when left-hander Brian Matusz was ejected for using a sticky substance that was on his right arm.
- Brewers' Smith suspended 8 games for rosin, sunscreen on arm Updated: May-22-15 7:26 pm
ATLANTA - Milwaukee Brewers manager Craig Counsell didn't see a shiny substance on reliever Will Smith's right arm until it was too late.
- Brewers' Smith ejected for having rosin, sunscreen on arm Updated: May-21-15 11:14 pm
- Ramirez homers, drives in 3 to lead Brewers over Cubs 5-3 Updated: May-03-15 10:44 pm
CHICAGO - The Milwaukee Brewers needed a team-record 25 games to get their first consecutive wins of a season. And hours after they did it, the Brewers fired manager Ron Roenicke.