- Northwestern-Michigan will pit nation's top scoring defenses Updated: Oct-06-15 4:10 pm
Three of the nation's top four scoring defenses reside in the Big Ten, and the best of them will meet Saturday when Northwestern visits Michigan.
- Cubit doubts Illini's Ferguson will play at No. 22 Iowa Updated: Oct-05-15 4:39 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Interim Illinois coach Bill Cubit says he doubts injured running back Josh Ferguson will be able to play Saturday against No. 22 Iowa.
- Illinois survives Blue Raiders 27-25 with late field goal Updated: Sep-26-15 9:09 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - After Taylor Zalewski's 51-yard field goal gave Illinois a 2-point lead with 2:09 to play Saturday, the struggling kicker got a playful shove from one of his lineman, and a hug around his helmet from relieved quarterback Wes Lunt.
- Loss exposes holes in Illinois defense Updated: Sep-21-15 6:34 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - For the first two games of this season, the Illinois defense provided something that had been missing for a while in Champaign: a wall that kept the opposition off the scoreboard.
- After 2 easy wins, Illinois stumbles in 48-14 loss at UNC Updated: Sep-19-15 5:28 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - Illinois' fast start to the season hit a thud in its first road game.
- Williams, Switzer help Tar Heels roll past Illini 48-14 Updated: Sep-19-15 5:20 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina's offense moved the ball. Its defense got stops. And the special teams did everything from making a long field goal to breaking off big returns.
- Illini defense riding high with North Carolina test ahead Updated: Sep-14-15 5:53 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - For much of the past three seasons, defense was almost a dirty word at Illinois. The Illini were at the back of the Big Ten in almost every category.
- Illinois shuts out Western Illinois, 44-0 Updated: Sep-12-15 5:04 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A season ago, Illinois games against Youngstown State, Texas State and others that Big Ten teams are expected to coast through turned into nail-biters.