- State Senate leader seeks review of GPS tracking Updated: Apr-16-14 8:34 pm
- Top Democratic lawmaker backs off 'carbon tax' Updated: Apr-14-14 7:49 pm
- California Senate erases websites of 3 lawmakers Updated: Apr-07-14 8:14 pm
- Lawmakers propose reforms to regain public trust Updated: Apr-06-14 11:43 pm
- AG candidate: death penalty for corrupt lawmakers Updated: Apr-04-14 8:08 pm
- Senate Democrats cancel San Diego golf fundraiser Updated: Apr-01-14 7:49 pm
- California Senate suspends 3 Democratic lawmakers Updated: Mar-28-14 9:19 pm
- California senators vote to suspend 3 members Updated: Mar-28-14 6:17 pm
- California state senator freed from jail on bond Updated: Mar-26-14 10:44 pm
- Arrested lawmaker known for transparency bills Updated: Mar-26-14 7:08 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The leader of the state Senate is seeking an independent review of how parole officers tracked a sex offender charged with four Southern California slayings, a spokesman said Wednesday.
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Senate leader on Monday backed off an unpopular proposal for a so-called carbon tax on consumer fuels and instead wants to dedicate billions of dollars generated by California's greenhouse gas reduction law to affordable housing, mass transit and high-speed rail.
SACRAMENTO, California - The California Senate has erased the names and online archives of three suspended lawmakers entangled in criminal cases.
SACRAMENTO, California - A series of scandals that has tarnished the integrity of the state Legislature has prompted a wave of proposals aimed at strengthening political ethics and reforming laws governing campaign contributions.
SACRAMENTO, California - A Republican candidate for California attorney general said Friday that state lawmakers who are found guilty of crimes that endanger the lives of others should face the death penalty.
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Senate leader on Tuesday canceled a high-profile golfing fundraiser in the wake of criminal proceedings against three state senators.
SACRAMENTO, California - The California Senate voted Friday to suspend three lawmakers caught up in separate criminal cases after the latest one to be hauled into court refused to step down, the most serious house-cleaning action the chamber has taken in more than a century.
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Senate voted 28-1 on Friday to suspend three members who face criminal charges: Sens. Ron Calderon, Roderick Wright and Leland Yee. One senator was present but did not vote, and nine were absent, including all three senators who were suspended. One seat is vacant.
SAN FRANCISCO - California state Sen. Leland Yee has been released from custody and his lawyer says the Democrat from San Francisco plans to plead not guilty to corruption and gun charges.
SACRAMENTO, California - Before his arrest Wednesday on federal corruption charges, Sen. Leland Yee was best known for his attempts to strengthen California's open records, government transparency and whistleblower protection laws.