- Anelka accused of undermining anti-racism programs Updated: Mar-06-14 12:27 pm
- FA ban Anelka for 5 games over quenelle gesture Updated: Feb-27-14 2:09 pm
- Johnson, Spector, Onyewu, Shea and Brooks return Updated: Feb-26-14 6:56 pm
- Chelsea held by Galatasaray in Champions League Updated: Feb-26-14 5:42 pm
- Chelsea stays top; Arsenal, Man City also win Updated: Feb-22-14 4:23 pm
- Leader Chelsea grabs late winner against Everton Updated: Feb-22-14 12:09 pm
- Hodgson rules out World Cup move for Terry Updated: Feb-12-14 11:03 am
LONDON - Former France striker Nicolas Anelka has been accused of undermining efforts to banish discrimination from football by celebrating a goal in a globally televised match with a racially aggravated gesture.
LONDON - Nicolas Anelka was banned for five games by the English Football Association on Thursday and immediately suspended by West Bromwich Albion for a racially aggravated goal celebration.
ISTANBUL - Fernando Torres scored a valuable away goal for Chelsea in a 1-1 draw at Galatasaray in the Champions League on Wednesday, but the Premier League side left Istanbul frustrated at its failure to build on its superior start.
LONDON - Wins by Chelsea and Manchester City, and a potent attacking display by Arsenal, left the top of the Premier League unchanged Saturday.
LONDON - Chelsea captain John Terry scored a late winner to break Everton's resistance for a 1-0 win Saturday that keeps the Premier League leader at the top of the table.