- Push for in-state tuition break in trouble Updated: Apr-17-14 6:53 pm
- Fla. legislators push for millions in spending Updated: Apr-15-14 6:22 pm
- Task force members urge malpractice cap amendment Updated: Apr-15-14 6:10 pm
- Fla. GOP rakes in money from major companies Updated: Apr-11-14 8:43 pm
- Senate passes ballot measure on court appointments Updated: Apr-03-14 2:46 pm
- Florida State football team honored at Capitol Updated: Apr-01-14 2:37 pm
- Scott signs bill giving tuition break to vets Updated: Mar-31-14 11:28 am
- Docs, nurses push lawmakers for Medicaid expansion Updated: Mar-26-14 10:40 am
- Beckham makes pitch for Miami MLS franchise Updated: Mar-25-14 9:25 pm
- In-state tuition bill survives close Senate vote Updated: Mar-18-14 11:09 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Despite support from leading Republicans including Gov. Rick Scott, a push to offer a tuition break to students who entered the country illegally appears doomed again this year.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida legislators with extra money to spend are trying to steer taxpayer funds to everything from gun ranges and a military museum to a course designed to teach "sexual risk avoidance."
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Following a Florida Supreme Court decision that struck down caps on certain awards in medical malpractice lawsuits, the members of a 2002 task force that supported those caps are calling for a constitutional amendment that would place the caps on solid footing.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida legislators this year are debating everything from gambling to what kinds of beer containers can be sold and how much money to give professional sports teams - so it is perhaps not surprising that the largest campaign donors have included casino developers, team owners and beer distributors.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - This year's gubernatorial race could have even greater implications if a proposed constitutional amendment on Florida Supreme Court appointments is approved.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida State national champion football team has been honored by legislators during Florida State Day at the Capitol.
PANAMA CITY, Florida - Veterans living in the state of Florida will get some additional benefits under a bill signed by Gov. Rick Scott.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Roughly 100 nurses, doctors and consumers are flying to Tallahassee to lobby legislators about affordable health care.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - David Beckham brought his international star power to the halls of the Florida Capitol on Tuesday, trying to rally support from the governor and legislators for the Major League Soccer franchise he plans to bring to Miami later this decade.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - An effort to allow qualified Florida students to pay in-state college tuition rates even if they are in the country illegally is deeply dividing the Republican-controlled Legislature.