- Illinois holds off feisty IPFW 57-55 Updated: Nov-30-13 12:11 am
- Ekey leads Illinois past Chicago State 77-53 Updated: Nov-23-13 12:31 am
- Illinois beats Bradley 81-55 Updated: Nov-17-13 9:08 pm
- Illinois adds forwards Black, Finke for next year Updated: Nov-16-13 11:00 pm
- Illinois survives Valparaiso charge, wins 64-52 Updated: Nov-13-13 10:23 pm
- Illinois faces size test against Valparaiso Updated: Nov-12-13 5:03 pm
- Illinois beats Jacksonville St. 86-62 Updated: Nov-10-13 10:09 pm
- Illinois opens with 80-63 win over Alabama State Updated: Nov-08-13 11:15 pm
- Groce: Freshmen will require 'prayer,' patience Updated: Nov-07-13 4:07 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois coach John Groce was a little apprehensive heading into Friday night's game with Indiana-Purdue Fort Wayne. The Mastodons had lost two games - one to the Dayton Flyers -- by two points combined.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Jon Ekey scored 19 points for the second consecutive game to lead unbeaten Illinois to an easy 77-53 win over Chicago State on Friday.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - John Ekey scored 19 points and grabbed seven rebounds on Sunday as Illinois cruised to an easy 81-55 victory over previously unbeaten Bradley.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The two biggest names the Illini had hoped to add got away, but Illinois coach John Groce on Saturday announced the signings of a pair of forwards for next season while sharply defending his program against any criticism over its recruiting losses.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Rayvonte Rice scored 18 points and Illinois fought off a second-half charge by Valparaiso Wednesday for a 64-52 win.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois will see something Wednesday that it hasn't had to face yet in the young basketball season: A big opponent.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Senior guard Joseph Bertrand scored 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead Illinois over Jacksonville State 86-62 Sunday at State Farm Center.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Rayvonte Rice waited three long years and detoured 350 miles west to get to his first game at the college arena he grew up a few miles away from.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois is a day away from opening the basketball season with a lineup that will be heavily reliant on freshmen.