- Nevada rancher condemned for racist remarks Updated: Apr-24-14 2:22 pm
- Range showdown draws armed supporters to Nevada Updated: Apr-19-14 10:43 am
- Hundreds pay respects to Joe Dini in Yerington Updated: Apr-15-14 7:01 pm
- Nevada GOP removes social issues from platform Updated: Apr-13-14 12:04 am
- Joe Dini, longtime Nevada Assembly speaker, dies Updated: Apr-10-14 6:37 pm
- Unemployment benefits bill headed to House Updated: Apr-08-14 8:06 am
- Amid gridlock, lawmakers focus on constituent woes Updated: Apr-04-14 2:44 pm
- Bills introduced in Congress banning online gaming Updated: Mar-26-14 7:30 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Nevada rancher who has become a conservative folk hero for resisting the federal government's attempts to round up his cattle faced sharp criticism Thursday for racist comments published in a New York Times article.
LAS VEGAS - A week after a tense standoff between gun-toting states' rights advocates and federal Bureau of Land Management police, self-described militia members are still protecting Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and his family.
YERINGTON, Nevada - Several hundred of Joe Dini's friends, family and colleagues paid their last respects Tuesday at a funeral mass for the former, longtime Nevada Assembly speaker who was described as a quiet, humble man who became a "legislative giant" with a nose for compromise during more than three decades in the legislature.
LAS VEGAS - The Nevada Republican Party stripped opposition to abortion and gay marriage from its platform Saturday as state convention delegates instead focused on judging fellow Republicans on their worthiness to serve in office and adherence to GOP values.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Former Nevada Assembly Speaker Joe Dini, a gentle-voiced statesman who used power of persuasion and friendship to bridge partisan divides through a long legislative career, died Thursday at a Reno hospital. He turned 85 just two weeks ago, on March 28.
WASHINGTON - Election-year legislation to resume long-term jobless benefits is headed to the House, where a small band of dissident Republicans is leaning on Speaker John Boehner to permit a vote on resuming aid to more than 2 million victims of the Great Recession.
LAS VEGAS - Brian Snoddy was at his wit's end.
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers from both parties introduced legislation in the House and Senate on Wednesday aimed at banning online gambling, setting the stage for an uncertain battle in Congress.