- Most state employees did not get their Oct. 1 pay raises Updated: Oct-05-15 10:30 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - More than 35,000 of Louisiana's rank-and-file classified employees received their favorable evaluations, but they're not getting their pay raises.
- Hurst spending more on TV advertising than Hood so far Updated: Oct-01-15 6:03 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Republican challenger Mike Hurst is spending more on TV advertising, so far, than Democratic incumbent Jim Hood in the Mississippi attorney general's race, according to an independent group's analysis of campaign finance data.
- Caldwell, Landry in close fundraising competition in AG race Updated: Sep-25-15 6:42 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - In Louisiana's attorney general's race, Republican incumbent Buddy Caldwell is locked in a tight fundraising competition with one GOP opponent, former Congressman Jeff Landry.
- Louisiana's sheriffs back Billy Nungesser and Buddy Caldwell Updated: Sep-17-15 4:10 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's sheriffs are backing former Plaquemines Parish Billy Nungesser to be the state's next lieutenant governor, choosing him over three other competitors.
- Sign-up period for Oct. 24 election ends with few surprises Updated: Sep-10-15 7:03 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - No unexpected twists stirred up things at the top of the ballot, as the candidate sign-up period for Louisiana's Oct. 24 election ended Thursday.