- Pension vote could alter Illinois governor's race Updated: Dec-04-13 6:00 pm
- More papers filed in voluminous Blagojevich appeal Updated: Dec-03-13 4:20 pm
- GOP candidate has given own campaign $1.25M Updated: Nov-26-13 5:50 pm
- 2 with Chicago-area links named Rhodes scholars Updated: Nov-24-13 6:08 pm
- Court to hear arguments on Blagojevich appeal Updated: Nov-15-13 5:46 pm
- Rauner donates $500K to campaign for Illinois gov. Updated: Nov-14-13 6:33 pm
- Conn. court: Judge wrong to order Vallas ouster Updated: Nov-14-13 2:13 pm
- Prosecutors respond to Blagojevich appeal Updated: Nov-13-13 2:20 pm
- Vallas: Quinn wanted 'strongest team possible' Updated: Nov-12-13 4:41 pm
- Vallas says he's OK playing 'second fiddle' Updated: Nov-12-13 2:50 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Some longtime labor supporters chided Gov. Pat Quinn Wednesday over his legislative victory on a pension crisis he said he was "put on earth" to solve, a signal of the murky impact the landmark vote could have on next year's Illinois governor's race.
CHICAGO - Rod Blagojevich's lawyers laid out a final set of arguments in writing before they step before appellate judges next week to argue that the imprisoned ex-governor deserves a new trial.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Republican candidate for Illinois governor who reported income of $53 million last year has contributed more than $1 million to his own campaign, but an analysis Tuesday of recent elections shows deep pockets are far from an assurance of electoral success.
CHICAGO - A Yale University political science major from suburban Chicago and a University of Chicago chemistry student were among the 32 Americans named Sunday as 2014 Rhodes scholars - one of the world's most prestigious academic honors.
CHICAGO - An appeals court says it will hear arguments next month on granting a new trial to former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
CHICAGO - Republican Bruce Rauner has made a $500,000 donation to his campaign for Illinois governor, lifting the caps on political contributions for everyone in the 2014 race and ensuring a big-money battle for the state's top job.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Connecticut Supreme Court on Thursday overturned the ruling of a judge who found Bridgeport Superintendent of Schools Paul Vallas didn't meet state requirements to hold his job and ordered his ouster.
CHICAGO - Prosecutors have responded to Rod Blagojevich's appeal of his corruption conviction, challenging the notion that the behavior that landed the disgraced former Illinois governor behind bars was run-of-the-mill political horse-trading.
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn's selection of former Chicago schools CEO Paul Vallas to be his 2014 running mate took many people by surprise - including Vallas himself.
CHICAGO - Former Chicago schools CEO Paul Vallas says he'll have no trouble playing "second fiddle" to Gov. Pat Quinn as his 2014 running mate.