- Brandenburg left VCU past E. Kentucky, 71-68 in OT Updated: Dec-05-13 9:51 pm
- VCU downs Belmont 81-68 Updated: Dec-01-13 7:44 pm
- Losses in Puerto Rico gives VCU 'reality check' Updated: Nov-26-13 4:14 pm
- Georgetown survives in 84-80 win over No. 10 VCU Updated: Nov-24-13 6:41 pm
- Fouls doom No. 10 VCU in 84-80 loss to Georgetown Updated: Nov-24-13 6:36 pm
- No. 10 VCU rallies, holds off Long Beach St 73-67 Updated: Nov-22-13 11:26 pm
- Long Beach State falls to No. 10 VCU 73-67 Updated: Nov-22-13 11:20 pm
- Winthrop worn down by No. 14 VCU in 92-71 loss Updated: Nov-16-13 11:03 pm
- Weber scores 16 to lead No. 14 VCU over Winthrop Updated: Nov-16-13 10:41 pm
- Redbirds swamped in 96-58 loss to No. 14 VCU Updated: Nov-08-13 11:21 pm
- No. 14 VCU routs Illinois St. 96-58 Updated: Nov-08-13 10:32 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Rob Brandenburg hit an early 3-pointer and Melvin Johnson had a critical free throw with 14.2 seconds to go, and Virginia Commonwealth held off Eastern Kentucky 71-68 on Thursday night.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Juvonte Reddic scored 18 points and grabbed 11 rebounds Sunday and Virginia Commonwealth ended Belmont's nation-leading 23-game home win streak 81-68.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Senior guard Rob Brandenburg said losing twice in three games during a tournament in in Puerto Rico gave VCU a "reality check," one that sent the Rams plummeting from being ranked 10th in the country to out of the Top 25.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Georgetown began its four-day trip to San Juan thinking about a humbling loss after a second-half collapse against Northeastern.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Virginia Commonwealth coach Shaka Smart suspected his team might not be as good as the No. 10 ranking it brought to the Puerto Rico Tip-Off.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - A day after learning what it felt like to be humbled, No. 10 Virginia Commonwealth learned how to benefit from the experience.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Long Beach State coach Dan Monson knew his team would have to scrap to stay close in every game it played this week at the Puerto Rico Shootout.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Winthrop withstood VCU's vaunted pressure for a half before it finally wore the Eagles down.
RICHMOND, Virginia - It took a little while for VCU's vaunted pressure defense to get going. Eventually the 14th-ranked Rams were able to wear down Winthrop.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Even with an almost entirely new roster, Illinois State coach Dan Muller seemed stunned.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Briante Weber didn't even have to think about it before he had an answer.