- Bush sees 'long fight ahead' for land commissioner Updated: Mar-04-14 10:04 pm
- California Gov. Jerry Brown will seek re-election Updated: Feb-27-14 8:16 pm
- Ex-presidential adviser to address Loyola grads Updated: Feb-25-14 4:06 am
- Obama visits Sunnylands twice in less than a year Updated: Feb-17-14 12:48 pm
- Ford museum honors presidents on clean air efforts Updated: Feb-17-14 4:07 am
- Navy carrier strike group deploys from Va., Fla. Updated: Feb-15-14 5:05 pm
- Fight over gay marriage moving to federal courts Updated: Feb-15-14 4:04 am
- As suits multiply, gay-marriage backers win in Ky. Updated: Feb-12-14 6:02 pm
- Celebrities react to Shirley Temple's death Updated: Feb-12-14 3:01 am
- Curls and dimples: Shirley Temple dies at 85 Updated: Feb-11-14 2:54 pm
- Bush salutes Temple's work as actor, ambassador Updated: Feb-11-14 2:52 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - A member of the next generation of the Bush family has won his first elective office - and it was a statewide office.
LOS ANGELES - California Gov. Jerry Brown formally launched his re-election campaign Thursday, stepping into a contest that the former three-time presidential candidate is expected to dominate.
NEW ORLEANS - A former adviser to four presidents will address graduates at Loyola University New Orleans' spring commencement.
RANCHO MIRAGE, California - With two visits in less than a year to the sprawling Sunnylands estate in Southern California, President Barack Obama is helping to fulfill the dream of the late philanthropists Walter and Leonore Annenberg, who hoped the desert property they used as a winter home would become the "Camp David of the West."
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Elected officials are planning a Presidents' Day observance at the Gerald R. Ford museum in Grand Rapids to honor chief executives who have supported clean air initiatives.
NORFOLK, Virginia - More than 5,000 sailors are heading overseas as part of an at least eight-month deployment.
WASHINGTON - The overturning of Virginia's gay marriage ban places the legal fight over same-sex unions increasingly in the hands of federal appeals courts shaped by President Barack Obama's two election victories.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A federal judge ruled Wednesday that Kentucky must recognize same-sex marriages performed in other states, part of an unprecedented barrage of marriage-equality lawsuits in states where voters have overwhelmingly opposed recognition of gay and lesbian couples.
LOS ANGELES - The praises of Shirley Temple are being sung by celebrities across Hollywood who remembered her as America's prolific little darling.
Any kid who ever tap-danced at a talent show or put on a curly wig and auditioned for "Annie" can only dream of being as beloved - or as important - as Shirley Temple.
HOUSTON - Former President George H.W. Bush is saluting Shirley Temple not just for her acting work, but for her service as an ambassador to the Czech Republic.