- Jeb Bush to get own home at family compound in Kennebunkport Updated: May-25-15 2:55 pm
KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine - Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is getting a house of his own at the family compound on the coast of Maine where generations of Bushes have spent summers.
- 'Happy' Rockefeller, widow of former vice president, dies Updated: May-20-15 1:49 pm
Margaretta "Happy" Rockefeller, the widow of former U.S. Vice President and New York Gov. Nelson Rockefeller and one of the first women to speak publicly about her breast cancer in the 1970s, has died. She was 88.
- Correction: Presidential Expenses story Updated: May-20-15 1:37 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story May 19 about expenses for former presidents, The Associated Press reported erroneously that former President George H.W. Bush left office in 1989. He took office that year and left office in 1993.
- Correction: Obama-After White House story Updated: May-18-15 4:24 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story May 16 about President Barack Obama's plans after he leaves the White House, The Associated Press reported erroneously that George H.W. Bush's presidential library is in Houston. The library is in College Station, Texas.
- Former President Bush is back in Maine for the summer Updated: May-16-15 10:37 am
KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine - It's another sign that summer is around the corner in Maine: Former President George H.W. Bush has arrived in Kennebunkport.
- Obama calls for healing of rifts between police, communities Updated: May-15-15 12:13 pm
WASHINGTON - With police under increasing scrutiny after the highly publicized deaths of black suspects, President Barack Obama called on Americans Friday to honor law enforcement "heroes" by working harder to heal rifts with communities they serve.
- Conference coming to Utah to promote 'natural families' Updated: May-12-15 6:27 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - With the support of the governor and pledged participation from the Mormon church, a conservative organization on Tuesday promoted its upcoming international conference in Utah as a mecca for supporters of the natural family dictated by God.
- An Obama milestone: South Dakota visit makes it 50 states Updated: May-08-15 8:23 pm
WATERTOWN, South Dakota - President Richard Nixon did it in less than three years. President George H.W. Bush completed it in one term. President Barack Obama has now matched their feat by visiting South Dakota, his 50th state, on Friday.
- Texas gay discrimination bill opens complex father-son split Updated: May-06-15 7:13 pm
HOUSTON - Beau Miller and Patrick Summers have been partners for four years, but last December was the first time they spent Christmas at Miller's parents' home.
- Reaction to death of former US House Speaker Jim Wright Updated: May-06-15 7:10 pm
DALLAS - Reaction to the death of Jim Wright, former U.S. House speaker and longtime Texas Democratic congressman:
- Two decades after 'Black Hawk Down,' Kerry visits Somalia Updated: May-05-15 1:08 pm
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Two decades after dead American soldiers were dragged through the streets of Mogadishu, John Kerry on Tuesday became the first secretary of state to set foot in Somalia, a symbolic visit to show support for the African nation's fledgling government and the United States' readiness to move past a dark chapter in its history.
- Ex-US Rep. Inglis gets JFK courage award for climate stance Updated: May-03-15 3:58 pm
BOSTON - Former U.S. Rep. Bob Inglis received the John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award on Sunday for reversing his position on climate change despite the predictable political fallout that helped cost the South Carolina Republican his seat in Congress.
- Federal judge who issued Kentucky gay marriage rulings dies Updated: Apr-29-15 10:29 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A federal judge whose ruling striking down Kentucky's ban on gay marriage led to an appeal heard this week in the U.S. Supreme Court died Wednesday. He was 66.
- Obama visit means long hours for Watertown college planner Updated: Apr-29-15 11:25 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - President Barack Obama's scheduled visit to South Dakota May 8 is historic for one rather trivial reason.
- White House to unveil Barack Obama state china Updated: Apr-27-15 6:04 am
WASHINGTON - A hue of blue inspired by the waters of Hawaii is a prominent feature of the Obama state china service being unveiled by the White House.