- Two decades after 'Black Hawk Down,' Kerry visits Somalia Updated: May-05-15 1:08 pm
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Two decades after dead American soldiers were dragged through the streets of Mogadishu, John Kerry on Tuesday became the first secretary of state to set foot in Somalia, a symbolic visit to show support for the African nation's fledgling government and the United States' readiness to move past a dark chapter in its history.
- Ex-US Rep. Inglis gets JFK courage award for climate stance Updated: May-03-15 3:58 pm
BOSTON - Former U.S. Rep. Bob Inglis received the John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award on Sunday for reversing his position on climate change despite the predictable political fallout that helped cost the South Carolina Republican his seat in Congress.
- Federal judge who issued Kentucky gay marriage rulings dies Updated: Apr-29-15 10:29 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A federal judge whose ruling striking down Kentucky's ban on gay marriage led to an appeal heard this week in the U.S. Supreme Court died Wednesday. He was 66.
- Obama visit means long hours for Watertown college planner Updated: Apr-29-15 11:25 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - President Barack Obama's scheduled visit to South Dakota May 8 is historic for one rather trivial reason.
- White House to unveil Barack Obama state china Updated: Apr-27-15 6:04 am
WASHINGTON - A hue of blue inspired by the waters of Hawaii is a prominent feature of the Obama state china service being unveiled by the White House.
- Jeb Bush in NY: Income inequality not holding Americans back Updated: Apr-23-15 12:41 pm
NEW YORK - Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, speaking after a Republican breakfast Thursday, said economic inequality is not what is holding Americans back.
- Report: Alarm at G.H.W. Bush home broken for 13 months Updated: Apr-23-15 10:45 am
WASHINGTON - The alarm at former President George H.W. Bush's Texas home was broken for at least 13 months before the Secret Service fixed it, according to a report released Thursday by the Homeland Security Department's inspector general.
- New England editorial roundup Updated: Apr-18-15 8:06 am
The Hartford (Conn.) Courant, April 15, 2015
- Former Fla. Gov. Jeb Bush to deliver Liberty commencement Updated: Apr-15-15 12:44 pm
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - Liberty University says former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush will be its keynote commencement speaker May 9.
- Obama announces May visit to his 50th state: South Dakota Updated: Apr-13-15 10:39 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama will complete a rare presidential run though all 50 states when he delivers the commencement address at a South Dakota community college next month.
- Ex-US Rep. Inglis to receive JFK Profile in Courage Award Updated: Apr-13-15 12:50 pm
BOSTON - A conservative congressman from South Carolina whose change of heart on climate change drew the wrath of fellow Republicans and helped cost him re-election has been named the 2015 recipient of the John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award.
- Top LSU lawyer lacks license to practice in Louisiana Updated: Apr-11-15 3:08 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana State University System's newly hired, $270,000-a-year general counsel does not have a license to practice law in Louisiana.