- 3 vying for Republican nomination for House seat Updated: Apr-20-14 3:47 pm
- Navy OKs changes for submariners' sleep schedules Updated: Apr-20-14 1:25 pm
- San Francisco probe leading to entrapment claims Updated: Apr-19-14 5:55 pm
- Fishing group founder expands marketing ventures Updated: Apr-14-14 6:01 pm
- Spearman leads SC superintendent money race Updated: Apr-11-14 7:37 pm
- Connecticut ex-governor pleads not guilty Updated: Apr-11-14 5:07 pm
- Elder President Bush to endorse GOP nominee in Ga. Updated: Apr-10-14 8:01 pm
- Obama marks 50th anniversary of Civil Rights Act Updated: Apr-10-14 7:41 pm
- George H.W. Bush greets Obama in Houston Updated: Apr-09-14 5:39 pm
- Cochran runs ads against 'powerful interests' Updated: Apr-07-14 6:31 pm
- 7M enrolled doesn't guarantee health law's success Updated: Apr-05-14 8:53 am
- Library marks anniversary of 1st Bush presidency Updated: Apr-05-14 1:05 am
- 'Love & War': Unlikely story of love and politics Updated: Mar-31-14 8:50 am
- SC election ballot set as filing deadline passes Updated: Mar-30-14 2:58 pm
- Shirley Jones wants a high-flying 80th birthday Updated: Mar-29-14 11:11 am
- Reaction to ruling on college athletes' union Updated: Mar-26-14 9:26 pm
- Weidenbaum, adviser to 5 presidents, dead at 87 Updated: Mar-25-14 7:16 pm
- Divided federal appeals judges debate Obamacare Updated: Mar-25-14 4:31 pm
- A closed shop for the Hall of Fame Updated: Mar-25-14 4:17 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The three candidates seeking the Republican nomination for a central Arkansas congressional seat are running on vows to cut taxes and regulations in Washington, but split sharply on who would be the strongest candidate in this fall's election.
GROTON, Connecticut - With no sunlight to set day apart from night on a submarine, the U.S. Navy for decades has staggered sailors' working hours on schedules with little resemblance to life above the ocean's surface.
SAN FRANCISCO - The FBI used millions of dollars, liquor and cigarettes seized in other cases and more than a dozen undercover operatives in an elaborate, seven-year sting operation targeting a San Francisco Chinatown association thought to be a front for a notorious organized crime syndicate.
PINTLALA, Alabama - Decades after he sold the Bass Anglers Sportsman Society, founder Ray Scott still has plenty of big ideas about how to make money doing what he loves. And he still knows how to bait a hook.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Molly Spearman is leading the money race among eight Republicans trying to become South Carolina's next schools superintendent, while Montrio Belton leads the four Democrats seeking the job.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Former Connecticut Gov. John G. Rowland pleaded not guilty Friday to conspiracy and other federal charges in an alleged pursuit of secret consulting roles with two congressional campaigns.
WASHINGTON - President George H.W. Bush is featured in a Democrat's campaign commercial, but he plans to endorse the eventual Republican nominee in Georgia's Senate race, his spokesman said Thursday.
AUSTIN, Texas - A half-century after the passage of sweeping civil rights legislation, President Barack Obama declared that he had "lived out the promise" envisioned by Lyndon B. Johnson, the president who championed the push for greater racial equality.
HOUSTON - President Barack Obama had an unexpected greeter upon his arrival in Houston Wednesday: former President George H.W. Bush.
WASHINGTON - Out-of-state groups on Monday continued pouring money into Mississippi's Republican primary, criticizing Sen. Thad Cochran for staying in office too long. The six-term lawmaker responded with his own ads against challenger Chris McDaniel.
WASHINGTON - Seven million people signed up, so there is an appetite for President Barack Obama's health care law, but that doesn't guarantee success for the country's newest social program
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The George H.W. Bush Presidential Library is holding a weekend of special events to mark the 25th anniversary of the start of the first Bush presidency.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's 2014 election ballot was finalized Sunday with Gov. Nikki Haley and the state's two incumbent U.S. senators facing June primary opposition, a big-name race for the Republican nomination for lieutenant governor and a lengthy list of candidates vying to head the state Education Department.
LOS ANGELES - Inspired by a former president, Shirley Jones can't wait to jump into her birthday plans.
Reaction to the ruling by a regional director of the National Labor Relations Board that football players at Northwestern University can create the nation's first union of college athletes.
ST. LOUIS - Murray Weidenbaum, a White House economic adviser who counseled five U.S. presidents before returning to academia, has died. He was 87.
WASHINGTON - A split federal appeals court on Tuesday grappled with an issue that is crucial to the success of President Barack Obama's health care law, debating whether the government can subsidize premiums for people who buy insurance on exchanges run by Washington.
ORLANDO, Florida - No one should have been more thrilled than Vijay Singh to hear about the voting changes for the World Golf Hall of Fame.