- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa Updated: Dec-09-13 3:04 am
- Palestinians remember Mandela as an inspiration Updated: Dec-08-13 12:30 pm
- George H.W. Bush given LBJ Foundation award Updated: Dec-03-13 11:57 pm
- Blue ribbon panels stumble on trimming red ink Updated: Dec-02-13 12:15 am
- Obama pardons turkeys as part of annual rite Updated: Nov-27-13 5:28 pm
- Zumba instructor in prostitution bust leaves jail Updated: Nov-23-13 4:47 pm
- Limited patient choice next health overhaul issue Updated: Nov-20-13 3:02 pm
- McGloin leads Raiders over Texans, 28-23 Updated: Nov-17-13 7:44 pm
- McGloin leads Raiders over Texans, 28-23 Updated: Nov-17-13 7:29 pm
- College baseball site in Texas to carry Bush name Updated: Nov-15-13 10:06 am
- Manziel leads No. 11 A&M over Mississippi St 51-41 Updated: Nov-09-13 9:08 pm
- A look back at key milestones at the CMAs Updated: Nov-06-13 5:43 pm
- Chris Christie re-elected governor of New Jersey Updated: Nov-06-13 3:25 am
- Democrats retain control of NJ Legislature Updated: Nov-06-13 12:31 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama will pay tribute this week to Nelson Mandela, making the long trip from Washington to South Africa Monday to attend a national memorial service for the anti-apartheid icon.
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Palestinians mourned Nelson Mandela as their most loyal champion, lighting candles in special prayer services Sunday and holding his picture like a shield in confrontations with Israeli troops.
HOUSTON - The Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation has given former President George H.W. Bush an award for his public service and government career.
WASHINGTON - Since the end of World War II, more than a dozen high-profile bipartisan panels have been convened to tackle the nation's thorniest fiscal problems. Seldom have their recommendations spurred congressional action.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama spared two turkeys from the brine and the oven Wednesday, fulfilling the annual tradition of a presidential pardon for a couple of lucky birds ahead of Thanksgiving Day.
ALFRED, Maine - The Zumba instructor who ran a prostitution business in which she videotaped unsuspecting clients so her business partner could watch from his office 100 miles away has been released from jail, bringing to a close a scandal featuring sex videos, adultery and a client list with more than 100 names.
WASHINGTON - After they get the website fixed, then what? Keeping your doctors and hospitals may be the next vexing challenge for Americans in the new health plans created by President Barack Obama's law.
HOUSTON - Oakland rookie Matt McGloin was so good in a victory over the Houston Texans that it raised questions about whether Terrelle Pryor will get his job back when he's healthy.
LUBBOCK, Texas - A National College Baseball Hall of Fame complex planned for West Texas will be named after America's 41st president.
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Whether or not Saturday was Johnny Manziel's last home game, the Heisman Trophy winner certainly made sure to soak in every last moment.
Here's a look at some key moments in the history of the Country Music Association Awards, which honor the best of the country music (the 47th annual CMAs air on Wednesday night).
ASBURY PARK, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie was re-elected with ease Tuesday, demonstrating the kind of broad, bipartisan appeal that will serve as his opening argument should he seek the Republican presidential nomination in 2016.
TRENTON, New Jersey - Democrats were on pace to retain control of both houses of the New Jersey Legislature, though Republicans could make small gains in a handful of races that remained too close to call Tuesday night.