- Kroger to offer anti-overdose drug without prescription Updated: Feb-12-16 11:12 am
CINCINNATI - Ohio-based grocery chain Kroger Co. is going to make the heroin overdose-reversal drug naloxone available without a prescription in its pharmacies across Ohio and northern Kentucky.
- Dems seek drug abuse funds as election-year issue sharpens Updated: Feb-11-16 4:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Congressional Democrats called Thursday for hundreds of millions in emergency spending to fight drug abuse but ran into Republican resistance as another health issue spiraled into an election-year showdown.
- Ex-Ohio Gov. Celeste backs unendorsed underdog for US Senate Updated: Feb-11-16 1:09 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former Ohio Gov. Richard Celeste handed his endorsement on Thursday to the underdog in the Democratic race for U.S. Senate, candidate P.G. Sittenfeld.
- Senate panel votes to hold website in contempt over sex ads Updated: Feb-10-16 4:38 pm
WASHINGTON - A Senate panel voted on Wednesday to hold the classified advertising website Backpage.com in civil contempt for failing to comply with a congressional subpoena into how it screens ads for possible sex trafficking.
- Ohio's senators offer separate anti-heroin bills Updated: Feb-10-16 3:45 pm
CINCINNATI - Ohio's Democratic senator on Wednesday offered his own plan for battling the deadly drug overdose epidemic affecting many states, including his own.
- Ex-Ohio Gov. Celeste backs unendorsed underdog for US Senate Updated: Feb-10-16 12:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - In his U.S. Senate campaign against one former Ohio governor, Democrat P.G. Sittenfeld has landed the support of another.
- Heroin scourge changes role of police in hard-hit areas Updated: Feb-07-16 11:51 am
CINCINNATI - Forehead furrowed, a woman drags on a Camel cigarette, admitting she has only vague memories of nearly dying five days earlier.
- Congress recognizes Mount Union's DIII national championship Updated: Feb-03-16 3:31 am
WASHINGTON - Members of Congress from Ohio have introduced resolutions congratulating Mount Union for winning the Division III college football national championship.
- White House proposes more money to battle heroin epidemic Updated: Feb-02-16 12:52 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration will propose a significant boost in federal spending to battle the nation's heroin addiction epidemic when the president unveils his budget recommendations next week.
- Bipartisan probe faults gov't with migrant child abuse Updated: Jan-28-16 4:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Migrant children in the government's care fell prey to human trafficking after the Health and Human Services Department failed to protect them, according to a bipartisan congressional investigation released Thursday.
- Strickland takes US Senate bid against Portman to NE Ohio Updated: Jan-25-16 5:21 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Ted Strickland made the case Monday that his positions on labor, education and economic issues differ starkly with Republican incumbent Rob Portman's and are a better fit for average Ohioans.
- US Senate candidate challenges primary opponent's gun stance Updated: Jan-13-16 2:12 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Democratic candidate for the U.S. Senate on Wednesday questioned whether his primary opponent, who has a top rating from the National Rifle Association, really tempered his position on gun control after the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre.