- Governor, health officials sued over Ebola quarantines Updated: Feb-08-16 2:18 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Several people quarantined in Connecticut after returning from West Africa during the Ebola epidemic in 2014 were essentially imprisoned illegally under a state policy based on politics, not science, according to a lawsuit they filed on Monday.
- Bill linking restraining orders to gun ban is resurrected Updated: Feb-06-16 9:03 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is reviving legislation that would bar people under a temporary restraining order from possessing firearms.
- Gov. Malloy warns Connecticut needs major budget changes Updated: Feb-03-16 3:32 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy issued a somber warning to state lawmakers on Wednesday, cautioning that Connecticut's budget is not sustainable and that changes must be made to how the state crafts its budget to meet a "new economic reality" of shrinking revenues.
- The Latest: Unions warn against possible cuts to state jobs Updated: Feb-03-16 3:28 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Latest on the opening day of the Connecticut General Assembly (all times local):
- Malloy, Wyman to hold new round of town hall forums Updated: Feb-02-16 6:10 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman are hitting the road again.
- Governor's tapping of college endowments raises alumni ire Updated: Jan-24-16 11:33 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo is tapping college endowments to advance her policy agenda without taxpayers having to foot the bill, but the unconventional practice is raising the ire of some alumni, donors and lawmakers.
- Opinions mixed about what GE move means for Connecticut Updated: Jan-14-16 2:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Criticism of Connecticut's business climate and policies came swiftly following the news that corporate giant General Electric would be moving its headquarters from suburban Fairfield to Boston.
- General Electric to move headquarters to Boston Updated: Jan-13-16 5:36 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - General Electric announced Wednesday it will move its headquarters to Boston, leaving the sprawling suburban Connecticut campus it has called home over the past four decades for a technology-rich city it says better fits its ambitions as an innovation leader.
- Syrian refugee among first lady's guests for State of Union Updated: Jan-11-16 3:36 am
WASHINGTON - A Syrian scientist stricken with cancer and seeking a new start for his family in Michigan will represent Syrian refugees as a guest of first lady Michelle Obama for the president's final State of the Union address.