- Connecticut governor wants guns denied to terror watch list Updated: Nov-23-15 1:37 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy called on top congressional leaders to pass legislation that would prohibit the sale of firearms and explosives to anyone suspected by the federal government of being a terrorist.
- Connecticut delegation splits over refugee screening bill Updated: Nov-19-15 5:19 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Two of Connecticut's all-Democratic, five-member House delegation are among 47 Democrats who helped pass Republican legislation establishing new rules for Syrian and Iraqi refugees trying to enter the country.
- Jobs in state decline in Oct., the 2nd monthly fall in a row Updated: Nov-19-15 4:33 pm
WETHERSFIELD, Connecticut - The number of jobs in Connecticut declined by 2,200 in October, the second monthly loss in a row even as the unemployment rate fell to its lowest level since March 2008, the Department of Labor reported Thursday.
- Syrian family diverted to Connecticut at Indiana's request Updated: Nov-18-15 7:11 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A Syrian family that fled the war-torn country in 2011 was welcomed Wednesday to its new home of Connecticut after Indiana officials objected to plans for the refugees to resettle in their state.
- GE: State presence assured despite search for new HDQ site Updated: Nov-18-15 10:02 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - General Electric Co. Chief Executive Jeff Immelt says the conglomerate will "always have a big presence in Connecticut," though he confirmed the company is still looking for a new headquarters site.
- Election reform advocates blast proposal to halt program Updated: Nov-17-15 1:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Election reform advocates warn a budget-cutting proposal from Democratic lawmakers to suspend Connecticut's public campaign financing system for the 2016 legislative elections is short-sighted and could roll back a decade of efforts to eliminate special interest money in elections.
- FBI director: New Haven model for police-minority relations Updated: Nov-16-15 6:09 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - FBI Director James Comey says New Haven, Connecticut, is a model for the nation in improving relations between law enforcement and minority communities.
- Connecticut Democratic delegates overwhelmingly back Clinton Updated: Nov-13-15 12:30 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hillary Clinton is the overwhelming favorite so far among Democratic insiders in Connecticut.
- Connecticut governor to stump for Clinton in New Hampshire Updated: Nov-05-15 4:02 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is heading to New Hampshire to campaign for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.
- Luke Bronin wins Hartford mayor's race Updated: Nov-03-15 9:30 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A former Rhodes scholar who worked in the administrations of both President Barack Obama and Gov. Dannel P. Malloy will be the next mayor of Hartford.