- NRC identifies 3 violations at Millstone plant in Waterford Updated: May-01-15 6:10 pm
WATERFORD, Connecticut - The Nuclear Regulatory Commission says it has identified three apparent violations from 2011 at the Millstone nuclear power complex in Waterford.
- Tolls, taxes may fund Connecticut transportation overhaul Updated: Apr-28-15 3:25 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Highway tolls, private-sector sponsorships and asset sales were some of the early ideas discussed Tuesday as possible ways to help pay for Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's proposed $100 billion, 30-year overhaul of Connecticut's transportation system.
- Clarification: New England Energy story Updated: Apr-24-15 11:23 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - In a story April 23 about energy policy, The Associated Press reported that five of New England's six governors said they would work across the region while each state pursues individual projects. The story should have made clear that the statement was agreed to by all six leaders, including New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan, who did not attend the gathering in Hartford.
- Connecticut governor creates climate change panel Updated: Apr-22-15 1:02 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is creating a new council to make sure the state of Connecticut meets its goals to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.
- Mental health funding cuts stir outcry in Connecticut Updated: Apr-19-15 9:32 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's proposal to cut money from a state grant program to community mental health and substance abuse providers is prompting an outcry from advocates and families of Newtown massacre victims in Connecticut, who warn patients will suffer from a lack of services.
- UConn's Auriemma pitches at Capitol for university spending Updated: Apr-15-15 8:40 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A heavy hitter appeared at the Capitol to persuade lawmakers to spare the flagship state university from significant spending cuts.
- Fans celebrate UConn's 10th title with parade Updated: Apr-12-15 5:45 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Thousands of fans showed they aren't tired of celebrating national titles with the UConn women's team, gathering for an hour-long parade and rally in downtown Hartford on Sunday afternoon in mild spring weather.
- Panel examining Connecticut urban youth violence to meet Updated: Apr-12-15 11:49 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A panel of experts and community leaders is meeting for the first time to begin reviewing ways to reduce urban youth violence in Connecticut.
- Report: Nearby casinos will siphon $570M from Connecticut Updated: Apr-06-15 5:00 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Native American tribes proposing to build new casinos in Connecticut released a report Monday that says new facilities in New York and Massachusetts, if left unchecked, will siphon away $570 million annually in gambling revenue.
- Connecticut governor lifts ban on state travel to Indiana Updated: Apr-04-15 4:59 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy on Saturday lifted a ban on state-funded travel to Indiana since that state amended a new religious freedom law to include protections from discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.