- David Moyes out as Manchester United manager Updated: Apr-22-14 1:36 pm
- Moyes lacked the gravitas to be Man United manager Updated: Apr-22-14 4:57 am
- Argentina is the big favorite in Group F Updated: Apr-10-14 5:57 am
- Bayern Munich has trouble against English clubs Updated: Apr-08-14 1:06 pm
- 5 Dutch players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-08-14 5:21 am
- Spain, Netherlands, Chile headline Group B at WCup Updated: Apr-08-14 5:11 am
- Netherlands hoping to end World Cup winless streak Updated: Apr-08-14 5:11 am
- Man United routs Newcastle 4-0 in Premier League Updated: Apr-05-14 4:15 pm
- Rooney doubtful for Bayern game with toe injury Updated: Apr-04-14 5:57 pm
- Coke to soften marketing if unrest hits World Cup Updated: Apr-02-14 10:56 am
- Column: Rebuilding United make or break for Moyes Updated: Mar-26-14 2:03 pm
MANCHESTER, England - It's some feat to turn one of the world's most storied and valuable sports brands into a mere also-ran in the space of 10 months.
MANCHESTER, England - When Manchester United overlooked Jose Mourinho and chose David Moyes to be the successor to Alex Ferguson, the club gambled on a manager without a winning mentality, experience of European football, and with no trophies on his resume.
Barring a major upset at the World Cup, Argentina will finish at the top of Group F and let the other three teams compete for second place.
MUNICH - Champions League title holder Bayern Munich has not won a match since lifting the Bundesliga title with seven games to spare. That run includes the 1-1 draw at Manchester United in the first quarterfinal leg and Bayern's first Bundesliga defeat this season, a 1-0 loss at Augsburg.
AMSTERDAM - Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal's greatest triumph came when he led Ajax to the Champions League title in 1995 by blending a nucleus of experienced veterans with highly talented youngsters like Patrick Kluivert, Clarence Seedorf and Edgar Davids.
MADRID - Spain's bid to repeat as champion has the unenviable task of beginning in a World Cup group with the Netherlands, Chile and Australia.
AMSTERDAM - The Netherlands will head to Brazil hoping - again - to shake off the tag of best team never to win a World Cup.
NEWCASTLE, England - Juan Mata inspired Manchester United to a 4-0 victory at Newcastle on Saturday, securing a 10th away win in the Premier League that belies the champions' poor home form.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has been ruled out of Saturday's Premier League game against Newcastle with a toe injury, and is doubtful for the Champions League return leg against Bayern Munich next week.
LONDON - Coca-Cola has contingency plans to adapt its World Cup sponsorship and soften its celebratory tone in Brazil if unrest returns to the streets.
When David Moyes strode into Old Trafford for the first time as Manchester United's new manager, with its long red tunnel leading to the pitch where so much sporting history has been made, he knew the job of replacing Alex Ferguson would be, as he now says, "tough." Few imagined it would be this tough.