- United, Chelsea lose; Liverpool climbs to 2nd Updated: Dec-07-13 3:08 pm
- Man United slumps to 1-0 loss to Newcastle Updated: Dec-07-13 10:50 am
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- Moyes expects mixed reception from Everton fans Updated: Dec-03-13 1:17 pm
- Tottenham, Man United draw 2-2 in EPL Updated: Dec-01-13 10:36 am
- Real, Man United, PSG advance in Champions League Updated: Nov-27-13 9:33 pm
- Real, Man United, PSG advance in Champions League Updated: Nov-27-13 6:11 pm
- Uruguay earns 32nd and final World Cup berth Updated: Nov-20-13 8:20 pm
- Uruguay becomes final team to qualify for WCup Updated: Nov-20-13 8:20 pm
- Mexico qualifies for 6th straight World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:42 am
- France, Portugal reach World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:37 am
- 10-man Netherlands holds Colombia to 0-0 draw Updated: Nov-19-13 5:25 pm
- Juventus, Real Madrid tied as top team in AP poll Updated: Nov-12-13 12:16 pm
- Van Persie out of Netherlands friendlies Updated: Nov-12-13 6:45 am
- Arsenal undone by Van Persie as United wins 1-0 Updated: Nov-10-13 4:11 pm
- Ajax defender Veltman debuts in Netherlands squad Updated: Nov-08-13 9:24 am
- Young faces fresh accusations of diving Updated: Nov-06-13 9:21 am
- City finally reaches last 16 of Champions League Updated: Nov-05-13 6:20 pm
MANCHESTER, England - The most unpredictable Premier League season in years threw up more surprises Saturday when Chelsea conceded a 90th-minute winner at Stoke and beleaguered defending champion Manchester United lost to Newcastle for a second home defeat in four days.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United slumped to back-to-back home defeats in the Premier League for the first time in 11 years by losing 1-0 to Newcastle on Saturday, deepening the troubles facing the champions in David Moyes' first season in charge.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
MANCHESTER, England - David Moyes is expecting a "mixed" reception from Everton fans on Wednesday when he faces the club he served for 11 years for the first time since becoming Manchester United manager.
LONDON - Wayne Rooney scored a brace as Manchester United twice came from behind Sunday to extend its unbeaten run to 12 matches in all competitions with a 2-2 draw at Tottenham but lost more ground in the Premier League title race
LONDON - Nine-time winner Real Madrid, Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain qualified Wednesday for the round of 16 in the Champions League. Juventus kept alive its chances of reaching the knockout stage.
LONDON - Nine-time winner Real Madrid qualified for the Champions League's last 16 alongside Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday, while Juventus kept alive its chances of reaching the knockout stages.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguay claimed the 32nd and final berth at next year's World Cup, tying Jordan 0-0 Wednesday night for a 5-0 aggregate win in the South American-Asian playoff.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguay claimed the 32nd and final place at next year's World Cup in Brazil with a 0-0 draw against Jordan in the second leg of an intercontinental playoff Wednesday.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Mexico needed to travel an extra 14,000 miles to reach next year's World Cup.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick to lift Portugal into next year's World Cup at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden, and France came back in remarkable fashion to overtake Ukraine for a berth in the 32-nation field for next year's tournament in Brazil.
AMSTERDAM - The Netherlands held Colombia to a 0-0 draw Tuesday despite playing for nearly an hour with 10 men after Jeremain Lens was sent off.
AMSTERDAM - Manchester United striker Robin van Persie has pulled out of the Netherlands squad for friendlies against Japan and Colombia, complaining of toe and groin injuries.
MANCHESTER, England - David Moyes has been waiting for a signature victory to kickstart his short, erratic tenure at Manchester United.
AMSTERDAM - Ajax defender Joel Veltman was rewarded for strong recent form with a first summons to the Netherlands squad on Friday.
MANCHESTER, England - Ashley Young has been warned that his penchant for diving would not be accepted.
MANCHESTER, England - It's taken three frustrating seasons but Manchester City has finally reached the knockout stage of the Champions League for the first time - and the English team achieved it in style on Tuesday.